• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm salty I just don't get it on a shoe everyone wants and with such low inventory you don't do a draw. Fuck Nike I swear.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I'm salty I just don't get it on a shoe everyone wants and with such low inventory you don't do a draw. Fuck Nike I swear.

The common thinking is if there's enough demand for a shoe, you just make more of them. That's economics 101. There's no reason to under produce a shoe for hype unless you're getting a massive piece of the resale market, which as far as I know Nike isn't (at least not officially). You're reaching the point now where even shoes with zero hype are getting botted to death on SNKRS "just in case" and then they'll return them en masse later. It's bad enough where my work friend was contemplating buying a bot not to sell, but just because he's so tired of paying resale.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
The common thinking is if there's enough demand for a shoe, you just make more of them. That's economics 101. There's no reason to under produce a shoe for hype unless you're getting a massive piece of the resale market, which as far as I know Nike isn't (at least not officially). You're reaching the point now where even shoes with zero hype are getting botted to death on SNKRS "just in case" and then they'll return them en masse later. It's bad enough where my work friend was contemplating buying a bot not to sell, but just because he's so tired of paying resale.
I'm not made that there hype or didn't make enough pairs it's that you they do draws for stuff that they know is going to be hype all the time but not this shoe. I take the L that's fine but when I can't even get to pay and they have a better way to get it out why don't u use it. That the main issue. Also buying shoes are not fun no more.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not made that there hype or didn't make enough pairs it's that you they do draws for stuff that they know is going to be hype all the time but not this shoe. I take the L that's fine but when I can't even get to pay and they have a better way to get it out why don't u use it. That the main issue. Also buying shoes are not fun no more.

That's fair. I'd prefer they just make more of them. At the end of the day Nike is a company driven by profits and I see no monetary value in limiting the release of literally every shoe you're putting out that's not a dad shoe.

You're right that it's not fun though. I'm mostly looking for solid deals on older dunks that are high priority right now. The problem with that is all of the sudden there's been a ton of hype around dunks so now even ones that you wouldn't expect to be expensive have tripled in price while the expensive ones are skyrocketing higher. One of my local shops did a raffle for the SL's and the only other nike affiliated shop has two locations in DFW, and back doored all their pairs.

edit: Just did a compensate buy on a pair of twin peaks dunks and clubber lang dunk mids.

Last edited:

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I think the yeezy quantum basketball shoes are nice. Especially if in the fit the pants hit the shoe right. Big fan of this futuristic design direction Yeezy is going in.
It's being slept on Imo, however I think the shoe is gonna be a hit. My concern currently is how limited will the release be.. I really want the lifestyle version for the 3m.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yup I used all my luck on the Plums yesterday. 1/3 this week is not bad but I didn't get the pair I really wanted

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

With the bots people are using its just so difficult to get sneakers you want on hype releases. And like you said, even non hype are getting snapped up as everybody wants a piece of this resell market.

Now I am starting to question what is the ratio on people buying sneakers to wear against people buying just to resell. There was only 25k 85's released worldwide. That makes you question just how many pairs of sneakers each shop, website is actually getting to sell. Must have been so low!

Next week we have the WMNS UNC to Chicago AJ1's. Hoping I can cop them!

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
With the bots people are using its just so difficult to get sneakers you want on hype releases. And like you said, even non hype are getting snapped up as everybody wants a piece of this resell market.

Now I am starting to question what is the ratio on people buying sneakers to wear against people buying just to resell. There was only 25k 85's released worldwide. That makes you question just how many pairs of sneakers each shop, website is actually getting to sell. Must have been so low!

Next week we have the WMNS UNC to Chicago AJ1's. Hoping I can cop them!

I was at my local skate shop yesterday looking for SLs and it seemed like they back doored them. I went to the Nike factory store down the street after that since there's been a ton of releases and figured maybe I can get an open box. Ran into a dude who's a reseller and we talked for a bit. Mentioned he has a bot but he's still striking out more than he's winning online so most of the stuff he sells is factory returns.

He also mentioned that so many people are buying bots now that it's flooded the market. I didn't have any real sympathy but it got me thinking, if you're paying good money for a bot and striking out, how much value is there in even having one? If everyone who wants a bot has one then suddenly there's no value in it.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018

It's definitely got worse in the last year or so, I managed to pick up both OG colorways of the element 87 manually from the Nike drop before they became 'sneaker of the year' and everyone went wild on them (and then Nike killed them with constant cw releases)

Also quality is getting so bad now, I'm not paying £400 for a £90 shoe with a 50/50 chance of QC issues just to keep the hype train rolling and end up fighting over the same shoes.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
The common thinking is if there's enough demand for a shoe, you just make more of them. That's economics 101. There's no reason to under produce a shoe for hype unless you're getting a massive piece of the resale market, which as far as I know Nike isn't (at least not officially).

Do you think there is a possibility that Nike are unofficially getting a slice of this resell market

Just did quick Google search and this article pretty interesting.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
My money is on no but I think losing Kanye and Adidas surging ahead of Jordan scared them and now they're playing the hype game in a more 'supreme' style. They'll ride this until the bubble pops in the next few years and the resellers move onto the next thing

At the moment it's like The Big Short with people investigating shorting Jordan 1 and dunk investments

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Nike decided to make the super limited pair of 1s a garbage colorway. Gonna suck if they pull the same trash with something like the Chicago's.

Really wanted the plums, but got the expected L. Gonna wait out the resellers see what happens.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there is a possibility that Nike are unofficially getting a slice of this resell market

Just did quick Google search and this article pretty interesting.

I think six years ago, the case could be made that disrupting the secondary market would be more harm than good. It was a much smaller volume back then. But now you've got Sneakercons in literally every major market in the country and resale is a multi-billion dollar market. Nike is absolutely leaving money on the table right now.

I could see a ticketmaster/stubhub situation where Nike and Adidas band together to buy StockX or some insane shit like that.

It's definitely got worse in the last year or so, I managed to pick up both OG colorways of the element 87 manually from the Nike drop before they became 'sneaker of the year' and everyone went wild on them (and then Nike killed them with constant cw releases)

Also quality is getting so bad now, I'm not paying £400 for a £90 shoe with a 50/50 chance of QC issues just to keep the hype train rolling and end up fighting over the same shoes.

This is a big part of it too. As someone who doesn't sell or trade at all, I wear everything I buy so build quality is super important to me. 2019 feels like the year where QC took a big step back. Too many releases and not nearly enough work is going into making sure those releases look good. With the state of quality you're almost better off going rep for a lot of the hot releases.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I think six years ago, the case could be made that disrupting the secondary market would be more harm than good. It was a much smaller volume back then. But now you've got Sneakercons in literally every major market in the country and resale is a multi-billion dollar market. Nike is absolutely leaving money on the table right now.

I could see a ticketmaster/stubhub situation where Nike and Adidas band together to buy StockX or some insane shit like that.

This is a big part of it too. As someone who doesn't sell or trade at all, I wear everything I buy so build quality is super important to me. 2019 feels like the year where QC took a big step back. Too many releases and not nearly enough work is going into making sure those releases look good. With the state of quality you're almost better off going rep for a lot of the hot releases.

Quoting this for absolute truth. My cousin got into the rep wearing game a little while back and you wouldn't need be able to tell at all.

Do your research on anybody you're buying from online. There are entire communities dedicated to quality control of these replicas, YouTube videos, forums, you name it. Sometimes these distributors have a really great replica sometimes they don't, you just have to keep checking on really.

I've seen comparison photos/YouTube videos of replicas that looks just as good if not better than the real thing because the quality control for Nike is all over the place on things.

Ex/ the " AIR" text or General Off white lettering on some of those
Collabs aren't always the exact same.

If all you really care about is wearing a shoe, and who cares if it's a replica?
My cousin was like dude I'm not 16 years old so I'm not worried about being "called out " by a bunch of little shits because I actually decided to not spend 10x retail on a product made for $20.

I personally cannot imagine a social situation where anyone would do such a thing.

Then again Depending on where you live Don't go around in like 10k red October's (some Nike Yeezy reps have gotten pretty good tbh) unless you're trying to get jumped or something

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The Monstars were the only sneaker I expected to rocket up retail prices.

That's ridiculous..... Was Travis or Kylie wearing these or something?

The dunk/SB market got stupid in the last year or so, no idea why it saw such a major resurgence .resell for both old and new models is dumb asF now.

I will say for whatever reason replica people seem to have not gotten the SB/dunk model completely correct yet

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
The Monstars were the only sneaker I expected to rocket up retail prices.

That's ridiculous..... Was Travis or Kylie wearing these or something?

Travis started wearing dunks, Virgil put out a line of off-white dunks and the hypebeasts started getting in on them. They drove the price up on a ton of stuff that was pricey but not overvalued. Now the whole fucking market is just like the market for yeezys and 1s. To find any value you pretty much have to look to the lightly used market (worn once or twice and never again). Everything else is out of this world high.

What sucks about the Dunk market is that there really aren't reps for them like everything else and what you can find isn't very good. I know of one shop that has a few dunk reps that would qualify as "alright" but they're not doing most of the new releases. You might be able to find the off-whites or tiffany's, but I've been looking for a moderately affordable pair of bueller's for like a year and good luck. They're up nearly $200 since last year and due to their aged there isn't much of a used market for them.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
It's definitely true that rep factories are coming with better QC then Nike and Adidas on some releases.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It's definitely true that rep factories are coming with better QC then Nike and Adidas on some releases.

I will always recommend looking at reps of a model before paying resell. If you just want to wear it and the differences are minimal/indistinguishable why would you rather have your $ go to a guy who most likely botted/backdoored a pair?

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
The dunk/SB market got stupid in the last year or so, no idea why it saw such a major resurgence .resell for both old and new models is dumb asF now.

I will say for whatever reason replica people seem to have not gotten the SB/dunk model completely correct yet
just check the plums they close to $350-$400. I regret not getting the Supreme Jewel (Navy/Gold) Dunks when it was at $150 last month. They doubled in price now.

Oct 25, 2017

I Think one of the Kardashian/Jenner brood started wearing them on the gram

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Ask for your phone number so that they can message you a code.

Asked it to resend multiple times only for them to a send them all 10 minutes later.

Constant site crashes.

Actually had it in my cart but clearly wasn't actually there because it crashes whenever I tried to check out.

Fuck getting hyped sneakers man.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone here end up getting those Poets Nike SB Bruins? Thinking about getting a pair because the price from a resell doesn't actually look that bad.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone here end up getting those Poets Nike SB Bruins? Thinking about getting a pair because the price from a resell doesn't actually look that bad.

Saw them in person and really liked how they looked. They've been dropping pretty steadily so I'm wondering if they'll drop to $100. I prefer Goat over Stockx though and the Goat price is totally unreasonable at $150. $100-105 is the number I'm comfortable paying for Bruins but no more than that.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
My Plum Dunks arrived this morning. White mark that won't come off on the toe box and what looks like glue on the side of the upper. Greeeeeat.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw them in person and really liked how they looked. They've been dropping pretty steadily so I'm wondering if they'll drop to $100. I prefer Goat over Stockx though and the Goat price is totally unreasonable at $150. $100-105 is the number I'm comfortable paying for Bruins but no more than that.
Yeah I don't want to pay any more than 130 CAD for them, so I'm gonna watch them for a bit. I guess people bought this one thinking it was going to be way hotter than it ended up being. Nice looking shoe.

Related but the Parra Bruin SBs (2 models I think) for the 2020 Olympics look really good. I'd pay top dollar for a pair of those.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I bought 3 pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors on sale and they are the perfect fit. Everyone says you're supposed to go half or even a full size down in Converse though, which I tried but my toes smashed against the toe box with each step. They fit perfectly in my usual size. Not too tight, not too narrow/wide and about 0.75 inch space between my toes and the front, which is the minimum amount of space I need.

I'm only worried they will eventually stretch and no longer be a perfect fit. Anyone have experience with Chuck Taylors and stretching from wear?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's it's funny how Adidas /Yeezy basically said fuck it and lets make it easy to get any of our shoes you want. While nike goes , naw

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
It's it's funny how Adidas /Yeezy basically said fuck it and lets make it easy to get any of our shoes you want. While nike goes , naw

I don't know about all that. I've had plenty of Adidas releases in recent memory where I struck out despite doing everything I could. I'm not into Yeezy's but there I remember missing on the Donald Glover releases and the symbiote shoe.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I live really close to a shopping outlet at the moment, picked these Nike trainers up at the Nike Factory Outlet. Basic black and white design is my go-to. Nike has some really good lower end shit for cheap asses like me.
PEmtR5M.jpg

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I live really close to a shopping outlet at the moment, picked these Nike trainers up at the Nike Factory Outlet. Basic black and white design is my go-to. Nike has some really good lower end shit for cheap asses like me.
PEmtR5M.jpg

Getting lower end element react vibes here
I bought 3 pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors on sale and they are the perfect fit. Everyone says you're supposed to go half or even a full size down in Converse though, which I tried but my toes smashed against the toe box with each step. They fit perfectly in my usual size. Not too tight, not too narrow/wide and about 0.75 inch space between my toes and the front, which is the minimum amount of space I need.

I'm only worried they will eventually stretch and no longer be a perfect fit. Anyone have experience with Chuck Taylors and stretching from wear?

They are Chuck's my guy. They aren't meant to last long

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to lose. I promise I won't have an outburst over losing on off-whites like I do on Dunks haha.

What do y'all use to clean your sneakers? I've got a few pairs that are a bit scuffed and dirty and could use some love.
Depends on the shoe
I don't clean my Jordan ones
And for the rest OxiClean

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
SNKRS put out an SMS verification this morning which is interesting. Clearly an attempt at bot deterrent but I doubt it'll work.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Took an L this morning. Four different websites for the Jordan 1 W UNC to Chicago.

Managed to pick my size on one and then got stuck in Queue before being told sold out.

Come into work and colleague tells me her BF got 10 pairs with the bot he using. Whole thing is damn annoying

At the stage now where I honestly cant be bothered to land Jordans on drops. Just get #reps and save all this hassle!

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Took an L this morning. Four different websites for the Jordan 1 W UNC to Chicago.

Managed to pick my size on one and then got stuck in Queue before being told sold out.

Come into work and colleague tells me her BF got 10 pairs with the bot he using. Whole thing is damn annoying

At the stage now where I honestly cant be bothered to land Jordans on drops. Just get #reps and save all this hassle!

It's the way to go . The reps for Js are completely indistinguishable even on the unique stuff unless you buy from a crap site. You'll also get better QC since the rep folks are trying to make sure their stuff looks better than the rest.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
It's the way to go . The reps for Js are completely indistinguishable even on the unique stuff unless you buy from a crap site. You'll also get better QC since the rep folks are trying to make sure their stuff looks better than the rest.

Yeah I already have TS6 reps which are fire! Wouldn't say all Jordan reps are indistinguishable though. Cactus Jack Jordan 4 batches are pretty average for example.