• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
After taking L's last few weekends finally caved and ordered pair of Jordan 1 Retro High Off-White white reps.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I find out after the fact the New Balance just re-released the M1300JP last Saturday.

new-balance-1300-jp-2.jpg

Prices are too much for me on reseller sites. Oh well.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to add up how much time I've spent over the last few days signing up for Travis Scott Dunk raffles.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Check the rest of the European shops that are stocking them on their IG's dude, it'll let you know on there if they're offering shipping within the EU. That's how I'm in so many raffles.
Aight entered some more raffles. Still kinda shitty how the sneakers are not released on SNEAKRS though.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks for the welcoming replies to my introductory post around here — it's much appreciated!

Sorry, my impressions/stories won't have pictures this time as I'm just posting this as I'm killing downtime at work on a long shift.

I've had two major gets recently that I wanted to talk about.

First up is that I got my first-ever pair of Jordans! I got a pair Air Jordan 1 Retro High OGs! Got them in the current black/metallic silver/gym red colorway — I think I saw somewhere they were described as the "satin" black, though that doesn't seem to be the official colorway name? I got them just a couple of days before my partner and I's anniversary and got to wear them for the first time on our dinner date. I get a boost in confidence from styling up every once in a while, as I'm usually just kind of an athletic-fit t-shirt and skinny jeans kind of guy the vast majority of the time, and I sure as hell felt that when I was wearing hi-top Jordan 1's and my slight dress-up I did for our date. Most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought in my life, but I did once buy $140 running shoes when I was still running regularly, so it wasn't a massive difference.

That leads me to vent about one other frustration I have: I have smaller-than-average feet. US Men's size 7. It makes shopping at physical retail really tough, I feel like most of the big retailers don't stock size 7's and they either sell out fast or just don't get produced in large quantities because it seems like an unusual shoe size. I admit, I feel a bit of shame. Lowest size I could get my Jordans in was a size 8, and the folks at the Finish Line I bought them at hooked me up with some guards to put them in to make them fit a little better (and last longer too as the guards are meant to prevent creasing at the front). They were comfortable to wear for a dinner date and I am willing to bet I could go a day without killing my feet in them if I was doing some on-foot shopping or something, but this is the story of my life — it feels like if I want high fashion stuff, I have to compromise either my fit and go a tad larger or I gotta pay out the ass to get my actual size in many cases. Goddamn my tiny feet, lol.

Anyway, I also got a pair of Vans Ultra Range EXOs in black/white just this past weekend. I had a really hard time choosing Red/Black or Black/White when I was at the store, as both were available in my size. I'm not sure how much Vans are loved around here, but goddamn these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever personally owned in my life — I bought them more to be my daily wears as Spring starts to roll in. It feels to me like there's almost no compromise to comfort other than the weather not quite being at Spring climate where I live. It's currently dry here, but it's still on the colder side, so being thin-and-light like the EXO's is providing some cold discomfort, but as far as the fit, support, and energy return just for wearing goes, they are straight up amazing for a $90 pair of shoes. They are unmistakably Vans in style, though — they're a little sportier looking than Classics but to my eye the silhouette is still instantly recognizable, nevermind the Vans stripe and obvious logo tags. To my sensibilities, Vans is still perfectly acceptable, but I know it can be a bit hit/miss with sneakerheads. I don't hail from a skateboarding background, just casual hoops and running (though I'm far lapsed on both), but I've always liked Vans the most as far as canvas style goes. I feel I'm absolutely getting my $90 worth out of 'em, and I'm debating going back and grabbing the red/black pair as alternates while my size is still available. Truly adore these shoes as everyday wears (assuming weather isn't a factor) ... truly love the fit, comfort, and style.

I have had better luck with Vans stores having my size in general, so it has kept me pretty consistently loyal over the years. Never bought anything from them that was anywhere near as comfy as these EXOs though!

I do find that I can get adidas in my size as long as I order them shortly after release — waiting for a sale is usually no-go for me, I find.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
I might have missed them but looks like I can get regular versions of them next week:

Thanks for that, I must have missed it. I didn't get the earlier / limited release but I'll be checking on a pair of these for sure (hopefully the price will be a lot less than the 1300JP3)

As for the Travis Scotts, I've got 5 raffle entries in across 5 stores but the odds are about the same as winning the lottery so I'm ready to move already. If I get pair then great but if not I won't be that broken up about it, I'm still more salty about the Strangeloves now than the Travis Scotts.

Last edited:

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even want to add up how much time I've spent over the last few days signing up for Travis Scott Dunk raffles.

Winning these is gonna see people m
Thanks for the welcoming replies to my introductory post around here — it's much appreciated!

Sorry, my impressions/stories won't have pictures this time as I'm just posting this as I'm killing downtime at work on a long shift.

I've had two major gets recently that I wanted to talk about.

First up is that I got my first-ever pair of Jordans! I got a pair Air Jordan 1 Retro High OGs! Got them in the current black/metallic silver/gym red colorway — I think I saw somewhere they were described as the "satin" black, though that doesn't seem to be the official colorway name? I got them just a couple of days before my partner and I's anniversary and got to wear them for the first time on our dinner date. I get a boost in confidence from styling up every once in a while, as I'm usually just kind of an athletic-fit t-shirt and skinny jeans kind of guy the vast majority of the time, and I sure as hell felt that when I was wearing hi-top Jordan 1's and my slight dress-up I did for our date. Most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought in my life, but I did once buy $140 running shoes when I was still running regularly, so it wasn't a massive difference.

That leads me to vent about one other frustration I have: I have smaller-than-average feet. US Men's size 7. It makes shopping at physical retail really tough, I feel like most of the big retailers don't stock size 7's and they either sell out fast or just don't get produced in large quantities because it seems like an unusual shoe size. I admit, I feel a bit of shame. Lowest size I could get my Jordans in was a size 8, and the folks at the Finish Line I bought them at hooked me up with some guards to put them in to make them fit a little better (and last longer too as the guards are meant to prevent creasing at the front). They were comfortable to wear for a dinner date and I am willing to bet I could go a day without killing my feet in them if I was doing some on-foot shopping or something, but this is the story of my life — it feels like if I want high fashion stuff, I have to compromise either my fit and go a tad larger or I gotta pay out the ass to get my actual size in many cases. Goddamn my tiny feet, lol.

That's another win for reps when it comes to sizing as they will stock all.

strange though you say 7 hard to find in stores in the states. I am size 7 and buying sneakers generally isn't an issue. When it comes trying to get hype trainers though the small sizes are the first to go.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Waiting for a pair of New Balances to really wow me before I dive into those. The Chinese New Year ones were close.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Winning these is gonna see people m

That's another win for reps when it comes to sizing as they will stock all.

strange though you say 7 hard to find in stores in the states. I am size 7 and buying sneakers generally isn't an issue. When it comes trying to get hype trainers though the small sizes are the first to go.

Yeah, I guess it's just now that I'm kinda getting into shoes at a level where I'm trying to actually buy them on release date, too. Could be in the past I was just having trouble finding my size because the shoes I wanted had been on market for a long time. The Vans I've bought are usually newer model and I'm usually drawn to them because of the promo display at the Vans store... And I'm just now kinda getting caught up on looking into upcoming releases and pondering my purchase decisions before shoes even drop. I'm not quite at the level where I need to enter raffles or anything for a chance to buy, but I have been eyeballing some colorways for shoes in advance and seeing if I wanna try... something I've never done before. Maybe I will find that getting size 7s is actually pretty easy now that I'm kinda day 1-ing(ish) shoes.

SUPER HLUK

Nov 5, 2017
Won a pair of the Travis Dunks from Flatspot. Now I need to decide whether to keep them or resell them as the lowest ask is over £1000 in my size on StockX and they're not my favourite design 🤔

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Won a pair of the Travis Dunks from Flatspot. Now I need to decide whether to keep them or resell them as the lowest ask is over £1000 in my size on StockX and they're not my favourite design 🤔
I am so jealous rn. Got a big fat L from Flatspot. And all the others. I think they might honestly be my favourite sneaker of all time.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
OH COME THE FUCK ON I CAN'T EVEN WIN THE FUCKING PINE GREEN JORDAN 1'S!?

I fucking hate sneaker buying so much.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
i doubt the green pines are sold out everywhere depending on your size

Edit: I take that back, what kind of Bullshit release was that? Why didn't they just sell them wide release. Once again Nike is the biggest scammers

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Feels good not really wanting anything at the moment. Only pair of shoes I want that I can't get are a pair of Hoka slides. Which they stubbornly refuse to restock in my size.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't bother trying for the Pine Greens. The logo and the tumbled leather didn't do it for me.
Took an L for every Low Dunk raffle, but I didn't expect much. Haven't won a raffle ever and the only time I occasionally cop stuff is through SNEAKRS.

Those cream Off-White Jordan 4s though. 👀

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to snag the pine greens last night, didn't realise they would be a hard cop. The Dunk release has me salty as though, I can't lie.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
holy shit i actually got a W through premier. i knew buying shit through them for 10 years would pay off

(i know that's not how raffles work but let me dream)

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Nothing but Ls on the TS dunks

Now it's rumoured that the Safari dunks won't see a SNKRS/SNEAKRS release (skate shop only I assume) so there's another L most likely.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Sneaker culture is not a culture right now. Resellers should not dominate a culture.

^^^^^^

like look at this backdooring bullshit

fuck modern sneaker 'culture' full of resellers and people just wanting to one up each other After companies stir up social media hype makes them feel like only limited Releases= Omg fiiire

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
^^^^^^

like look at this backdooring bullshit

fuck modern sneaker 'culture' full of resellers and people just wanting to one up each other After companies stir up social media hype makes them feel like only limited Releases= Omg fiiire

Right now sneakers aren't going to the people who want them. They're going to people looking to resell at inflated prices to people who get hyped from how high they resell.

Nowadays people are more worried about how much sneakers resell for than getting dope sneakers and dope fits around it. This culture is fucking dead to me.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Right now sneakers aren't going to the people who want them. They're going to people looking to resell at inflated prices to people who get hyped from how high they resell.

Nowadays people are more worried about how much sneakers resell for than getting dope sneakers and dope fits around it. This culture is fucking dead to me.

Truth bars!!

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
When theb sneaker bubble Burst we will all eat like kings

It's been around for over a decade. It's not really a bubble anymore. Certain things will rise and fall but the price of Jordan's is borderline timeless. With that said, as of right now, a lot of bot manufacturers are actually sold out of bots. There are so many of them on the market that they're not even selling more. It's nearly impossible to get anything brand new unless you have to physically go to a store and there's no other chance.