• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
^^^^^^

like look at this backdooring bullshit

fuck modern sneaker 'culture' full of resellers and people just wanting to one up each other After companies stir up social media hype makes them feel like only limited Releases= Omg fiiire

yeah it's fukken bullshit. you can see this when plenty of fire shoes that aren't on the influencer radar/ultra limited just go completely under the radar

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Places like Complex and Hypebeast don't help with that stuff. Always giving that side of the market promotion.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they're releasing the Yeezy's, Safari, Kentucky and Syracuse Dunks all at the same time. 4 L's for the price of one, bargain!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, why are all the Dunks on the hype train now. They were the only ones I could get easily and for reasonable prices. -_-

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, why are all the Dunks on the hype train now. They were the only ones I could get easily and for reasonable prices. -_-

The older ones really suffer. If you check StockX there was a huge bump in the summer-fall of last year of nearly 100 percent across all the unique colorways. The older releases that used to be 100-200 are now 200-400. It's more prudent to look for used dunks that just need a bit of love as it'll save you a lot of money. Add in the fact that Dunk reps are either shit or non-existent and you get the current Dunk market.

The worst part is the new releases are typically skate shop only since they're SB and not really GRs. So what you have is a bunch of fucking hype beasts bugging the fuck out of these local skate shops and trying to get people to proxy for them and the shops just aren't having it. They'd rather sell direct to their regular customers and let them do what they will with them.

I guess technically you can consider it backdooring but since they're trying to cut out the resellers and hype beasts it amuses me watching them flip out and get flustered over not being able to get the releases.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Internet: these Supreme AF1 are ugly and lazy.
me today: the sold in less than 5 minutes and I couldn't get past the payment screen.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently eyeing the Aj1 unc to chi W.

If I'm size US8.5 Mens, what's its Women equivalent size?

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
So where do people get reps? Wanna have a look and see what's available.

Hit up rep sneakers board on Reddit. Have a look around and just get some knowledge on what pairs you like etc etc. If you take a look at what people are asking in regards to quality you will slowly understand how it works. One thing you should know. Don't expect everything to be 1:1 against retails. The best Reps will always have minor flaws.

Drop me a PM once you have any questions on best batches to get and how ordering works with the QC pics etc etc

Last edited:

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Hit up rep sneakers board on Reddit. Have a look around and just get some knowledge on what pairs you like etc etc. If you take a look at what people are asking in regards to quality you will slowly understand how it works. One thing you should know. Don't expect everything to be 1:1 against retails. The best Reps will always have minor flaws.

Drop me a PM once you have any questions on best batches to get and how ordering works with the QC pics etc etc

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the Fuck thought choosing red as the alternate lace swap for the pine greens was a food idea? And then weird wings logo, and the tumbled leather make it look like a green reptile shoe. I honestly think the designers know this and just do it to troll.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
So the Nike Challengers 2 sold out in 1 minute on SnKRs and somebody paid $345 on stock X less than an hour later..... That wasn't even a hyped release? I got to figure Nike is limiting supply or something

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
So the Nike Challengers 2 sold out in 1 minute on SnKRs and somebody paid $345 on stock X less than an hour later..... That wasn't even a hyped release? I got to figure Nike is limiting supply or something

The White Lava challenge II sold pretty well pretty quick but people are stupid and buying up everything is the new norm. It doesn't matter how hype the release is. Nike will let you literally return anything. After a sellout of a non-hype release I'll hit the factory stores a week or two later and try to nab a pair on deep discount. I've had pretty good luck and I recommend most people try if you can. If they can't move it for a big profit almost immediately, they dump them at the factory stores or return them.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
What're y'all's thoughts on buying 2 pairs? I got the red/white GTS return. Been wearing them all morning and I'm kind of in love with them. Is it overkill to get a backup pair?

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
What're y'all's thoughts on buying 2 pairs? I got the red/white GTS return. Been wearing them all morning and I'm kind of in love with them. Is it overkill to get a backup pair?

I personally don't but have a friend that does and to me it's fine. Wearing your kicks means shit happens and you never know what kind of damage they can take.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Grr Amazon is so dumb they show this picture on their homepage to me, but when I click it it's just a random listing of shoes and I don't see the shoe in the picture. Anyone know what this shoe is?
GW_D_CatCard_PW_M_SNEAKERS_1x._SY304_CB423178615_.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey.

Guess I copped these. Numbers must have been pretty high for these ones. Don't mind it though. Dope colourway.

Why do I seem to only be able to get Jordan 3's lmao. First these and the Tinker 3's

air-jordan-3-valor-blue-release-date.jpg

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Copped the Air Max 95 110's. Rarer than the Travis Scott Dunks and some of the J1's released recently, and I would trade them in a heartbeat.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
First W ever on Snkrs app for the UNC 3s, they must have made a huge amount

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I know I made a rant about it and all that, but it's funny to see the red Jordan 3's barely reselling at retail and moving really small numbers on StockX and the UNC Jordan 3's blowing out both that and the pine greens J1.

How are the Jordan 3 UNC's meant to be GRs lol. Probably should have cancelled that trash red CW and made more of the UNC Jordan 3's. And people were expecting it to sit for awhile.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to snag those UNC 3s as well. Size 17 always goes quick so I was pleasantly surprised.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I know I made a rant about it and all that, but it's funny to see the red Jordan 3's barely reselling at retail and moving really small numbers on StockX and the UNC Jordan 3's blowing out both that and the pine greens J1.

How are the Jordan 3 UNC's meant to be GRs lol. Probably should have cancelled that trash red CW and made more of the UNC Jordan 3's. And people were expecting it to sit for awhile.

I like the Red 3s! I'm waiting for those to drop even more.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Unc anything is always hyped for Jordans especially for PE style shoe.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018

I rarely double up on anything other than AM1 releases but if you like them and plan to wear them it's not a bad idea.

The problem with doubling up for a sneakerhead is I barely have enough time to wear through one pair so unless I plan some crazy Dame Dash style schenanigans the double just sits there.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely double up on anything other than AM1 releases but if you like them and plan to wear them it's not a bad idea.

The problem with doubling up for a sneakerhead is I barely have enough time to wear through one pair so unless I plan some crazy Dame Dash style schenanigans the double just sits there.
Ended up spending that money on the spectrum dunk high's. Lol. Maybe I'll come back around to the gts if I really kill the pair I got.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

I could only see doubling up on stuff that might take damage. The Fearless 1s really crease up bad so I could see having another pair.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I don't actually need those Low Dunks, but... they're Low Dunks and I love em. Entered every raffle available for both pairs lol. I'm so weak.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Random question for the Nike/Adidas experts. Do they not show shoe width in other countries where you guys are? Here in Japan I'm dying for new shoes/something more stylish than running shoes but none of these sites and what not show width. It's already a struggle to find a 13 here but also a 4E~ even more so. Just wondering if these brands scale with size or are under the assumption were all skinny footed haha.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Random question for the Nike/Adidas experts. Do they not show shoe width in other countries where you guys are? Here in Japan I'm dying for new shoes/something more stylish than running shoes but none of these sites and what not show width. It's already a struggle to find a 13 here but also a 4E~ even more so. Just wondering if these brands scale with size or are under the assumption were all skinny footed haha.

I haven't seen any of the popular Nike/Adidas shoes in multiple widths. Brooks/Mizuno/New Balance etc have them but not the big two. Some models work ok for wide feet, many do not. In Nike, the SB dunks are the ones that work best for me. For Adidas, I usually pick a knit upper.