• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if you're relying on the internet to buy your shoes you're going to like get a L. You got to do retail now kind of weird when you think about it.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't seen any of the popular Nike/Adidas shoes in multiple widths. Brooks/Mizuno/New Balance etc have them but not the big two. Some models work ok for wide feet, many do not. In Nike, the SB dunks are the ones that work best for me. For Adidas, I usually pick a knit upper.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a look. I got some Adidas with a knit upper and they work fine but they got this really annoying plastic shoelace... design that goes all the way up to the ankle. Damn things dig into my skin at certain angles and I gotta get rid of them asap.

Usually go with NB but Asics has been my go to in Japan since they got the size and width range I can be comfortable in. Definitely wanna try looking into the SB Dunks though

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Yep. Still think a SNS W is a mythical thing though.

Lol, the only site I've never won from is End.

I've put what little entries I can for the Safaris in this week then I'm taking a break from Sneakers for a few years, it just isn't worth the hassle until the current resale idiocy calms down. I can understand people fighting over Travis Scott dunks where the cash potential is massive but anything with even a tiny bit of resale potential is a target from people chasing internet clout pretending to be an entrepreneur.

As we've seen with toilet rolls once you involve "people" they tend to ruin it for themselves.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is probably too weeb for most of you but I just got a pretty awesome anime sneaker art book from a Twitter artist called Tarou2. If you guys like anime and sneakerhead/hypebeast culture you guys should give their twitter a look.

A few glimpses at their book. Fairly NSFW, but pretty tame honestly.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow just hit a W on the black sacais on end. Think this is my first W on end since the OG off white air max 90 back in 2017. Yall got to remember END and SNS get hundreds of thousands of entries (I feel like I remember reading gone past a million with some shoes but may be wrong) . Chances of winning are super slim.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Wow just hit a W on the black sacais on end. Think this is my first W on end since the OG off white air max 90 back in 2017. Yall got to remember END and SNS get hundreds of thousands of entries (I feel like I remember reading gone past a million with some shoes but may be wrong) . Chances of winning are super slim.

End is pretty much the only store I've never won with.

I had hoped that restricting UK/Europe stores to shipping to UK/Europe only would increase chances but some of then still seem to be raffling overseas (I know SNS has stores overseas so I'm not sure how that impacts the new Nike shipping restrictions)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Snkrs glitched the fuck out during the Sacai drop.

As expected.

Fuck it. I'm going to try for the Zoom Jordan 1s but after that even if I take the L I'm just going to be happy with my W on the 3's UNC. Spending too much money anyway.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NMDs really take my back to when people use to pin roll their jeans. Asics fan still do it this day 😅

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The Sacai waffles are surprisingly... affordable.

If it keeps dropping later on in the year I might snap them up.

TBF it's also probably the most boring Sacai so far. Though the white ones are nice just due to being able to make out the different shades and layers better.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
The Sacai waffles are surprisingly... affordable.

If it keeps dropping later on in the year I might snap them up.

TBF it's also probably the most boring Sacai so far. Though the white ones are nice just due to being able to make out the different shades and layers better.
Your affordable and my affordable greatly differ :P

I had picked up two Air Max 90s that are now on ice till spring. One was the Volt that came out a month or two ago. Hate the box these ones are coming out in its so damn narrow! The toebox gets all smooshed storing them in the OG box :(

Feb 26, 2019
The Bloodline is an easier cop though and the leather quality if fcking amazing. Especially the toe box and heel are really soft. I just don't like the red outlines on them. I saw a guy on Reddit remove the red on the shoe and it looks really good. I might consider removing them on mine.

m90y4r2qpig41.jpg

Dunno if anyone is looking for the bloodlines but I randomly found them in the Nike app the other day, on sale. They ended up being like $125, which is below what they're going for on stockx. YMMV, but it may be worth checking out

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
I'm pretty Disappointed in the airmax day shoes. No infrared 90's og 😑

They keep rumouring them for later this year but why wouldn't you just handle it like the AM1 Anniversary stuff with the Infrared coming out around the same time as the other colours (unless you knew the other colours would have sat while people fought over the Infrared)

I know it's not until the end of the month but where's the DQM Bacon, Reverse Duck Camo, Clerks reissue (I know this is just a fantasy but still it's a classic AM90) .. we won't see a Kaws or Homegrown release but that would be amazing.

I've got my Safari Dunk raffle entries in (what few stores were able to carry them local to me) and I'll wait for the Ls to float in this weekend then that's me done with sneakers for a while. My own opinion but I don't see the market growing healthily from here and I'm tired of fighting with internet resellers for everything I want.

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Took an L for every Low Dunk raffle I entered. Gonna pray to the SNEAKRS god tonight for a win.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I got my grail dunks. Ferris Bueller highs. They've been worn but looks like no more than a few times, really clean and for a very good price. I'm super excited as I've been trying to nab a pair of these for a good price since like, 2014.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Got one W on the Safari dunks so I'm super hyped. My most wanted shoe of 2020 (really wanted two pairs but given the low release I'm more than happy with one)

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Who knows everybody says the sneaker market is about to be a buyers market, if these bomb that might be the catalyst.
I'm wondering how sales/resale is going to fare in the coming weeks/months. I'm spooked to spend too much because who knows what the hell is going to happen, but part of me wonders if rarity will kick in and people will be willing to throw large sums at kicks because there are only a few pair in the wild.