• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
w1LbKjO.jpg

WTF is a Sneakerhead?

A sneakerhead is a person who is highly experienced visually even to the point of discernment in distinguishing between real and fake replicas and also owns multiple pairs of sneakers as a form of a hobby, collection, trade or fashion. As a hobby, it is often manifested by the use and collection of shoes made for sports, such as basketball and/or other sports. The birth of sneakerhead culture in the United States came in the 1980s and can be attributed to two major sources: basketball, specifically the emergence of Michael Jordan, and his eponymous Air Jordan line of shoes released in 1985, and the growth of hip hop music. The boom of signature basketball shoes during this era provided the sheer variety necessary for a collecting subculture, while the Hip-Hop movement gave the sneakers their street credibility as status symbols. The sneakerhead culture has emerged in European nations such as the Czech Republic in the last decade.

7nQuKp6.jpg

YEEZY 350 V2
photo by WesleyShark

Where to buy?

FootLocker.com

The basic sneaker store that is in (just about) every mall and has a good selection no matter where you go, along with good price ranges. FootLocker is a great starting point, and it has a wide variety.

FlightClubNY.com

FlightClubLA.com

These are where you find the dopest of sneakers. Jordans, Foamposites, Yeezys, NMDs etc. Sometimes they have a good sale or two but occasionally mark up the prices because the sneakers start to get hard to find. However, they have a great selection for the sneakers that you may have missed out on.

Nike.com
Adidas.com
Reebok.com

Converse.com

Top Sites For Sneaker Heads.

NiceKicks.com
Niketalk.com
Modern-notoriety.com
Kicksonfire.com

SneakerNews.com
JustFreshKicks.com
twitter.com/adidasalerts
twitter.com/yeezymafia
twitter.com/Jumpman23
twitter.com/footlocker
twitter.com/finishline
SoleCollector.com
23isback.com

q3jwSpE.jpg

DEFCON X Vans Syndicate AOR
photo by Darkwing-Buck

How To Keep Sneakers Clean

You can go old school and use a toothbrush and soap and it will get little scuffs out easily.

1. Create a mixture of water and a neutral cleaner. Dishwashing detergent or shampoo works well.
2. Remove the laces.
3. Grab a soft-tipped brush. Dip it into your cleaning mixture and scrub it over all parts of the shoes.
4. Remove any scuff marks with a nylon scrub pad. For alternatives, a toothbrush or sponge works well too.
5. Rinse the shoes inside and out once more. This way, you will be sure if you got all of the dirt and grime off.
6. Stuff the shoes with paper and allow them to dry overnight. This will help them to absorb excess water and keep their normal shape. Do not use newspaper or magazine pictures because the ink will run into the shoes.
7. Wash the laces in a load of laundry.

How to Keep Suede Shoes Clean

1. Brush out any dirt. Use a suede cleaning brush to gently brush everything off. Make sure to brush in the same direction and do not go back and forth. For stubborn dirt marks that won't go away with a brush, try using a pencil eraser.
2. Remove scuff marks. The suede brush can now be used in a back and forth motion to removed scuffed areas.
3. Remove water stains. To remove the water that can affect discolored suede, apply a light coat of water with a nail brush. Use a sponge or dry cloth to soak up excess water and then let the shoes dry overnight.

MITZn3N.jpg

Nike Air Max 1 - Turbo Green Ridgerock
photo by VE3TRO

Watch out for Fakes!!

If you live in a city or shop online its easy to come across fakes. You must watch out for fakes, because the market for them is at an all-time high.

1. Always check the inner tag in shoe that shows the size. Many times the tag has the wrong production year and the font style is off from an authentic tag.
2. Look at the tag on the box. On most FAKES the box tag will be too big or labeled in the wrong place.
3. Check the original box, most FAKES boxes will be very thin and have lots of damage.

What are your thoughts?

- Favorite shoes/player lines?
- Thoughts on the current direction of the shoe game?
- Price increases vs declining material quality?
- Hype vs availability?

If you have a shoe collection, let's see it! And even if you just casually buy shoes or are thinking about buying a pair, come hang out and say hello!

Last edited:

gir

Oct 25, 2017
we survived! good work wesley with the discord and the new thread!

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
Finally on, nice to see the thread. My Kanye Bear wasn't the right resolution for an avatar so, I went with one a bit more fitting.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the sneaker thread back so quickly.

What are you guys rocking for rainy/winter weather? I've been struggling to find something aesthetically pleasing, with real technical and functional materials

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the sneaker thread back so quickly.

What are you guys rocking for rainy/winter weather? I've been struggling to find something aesthetically pleasing, with real technical and functional materials

Honestly, in winter, I love to pull out the Timberland boots, black and Nubuck.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
Every year I'm close to buying a pair, and this year I was filling out my shipping info online when I changed my mind. I need something lightweight and good for outdoor activities, so I just ordered these in black to try them on https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/en-gb/tnf-gb/mens-edgewood-7-boot-3316. Not sure how I feel about them quite yet.

They look a bit more lightweight than timbs. Personally I hate driving in them (timbs) or anything other than walking because they're heavy. Anything like driving I'll wear sneakers and then swap them out in my car.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like Gore-Tex is a good shoe material. Very hard to clean properly, pores get clogged superfast with dirt, material get destroyed with day-to-day wear and tear.

A jacket you wash it and pop it in the dryer

OP
OP
WesleyShark

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I don't feel like Gore-Tex is a good shoe material. Very hard to clean properly, pores get clogged superfast with dirt, material get destroyed with day-to-day wear and tear.

A jacket you wash it and pop it in the dryer

Interesting.... I'll have to keep that in mind. I have had some goretex stuff before when I used to bike in the winter, and never had any issues, but never did have shoes made with the material. Hmmm.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you have to weigh the merits vs the price point. For my buck it's too expensive as a rotation shoe. Gore-Tex only used in technical situations.

Are the Yeezy 600/650 real?

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
BLESS!

Picked up the True Blues for my birthday from StockX. Was...very worried about buying from them, but managed to cop them for under retail and they're clean.

DMmAqMIV4AAqJbq.jpg:small

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
What y'all think of the Nike Komyuter SE? As an everyday kind of shoe that's also good for spring/fall? (need to replace some suede Jordans that I definitely should not have been using as all-season shoes).

nike-komyuter-se-black-anthracite-AA0531_001-1.jpg

It's about $200 CAD. All my friends say it looks dope AF, reviews seem great, but all my roommates friends are clowning it.

OP
OP
WesleyShark

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
What y'all think of the Nike Komyuter SE? As an everyday kind of shoe that's also good for spring/fall? (need to replace some suede Jordans that I definitely should not have been using as all-season shoes).

It's about $200 CAD. All my friends say it looks dope AF, reviews seem great, but all my roommates friends are clowning it.
I think they look dope in all black

OP
OP
WesleyShark

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping to get a pair of the Win Like '82 Jordan 11's next month and the gym red 11's in December.
The Lebron 15's and Jordan 32's also look great.
So many good shoes out right now.

DontBlink

Oct 25, 2017
Damn! Lucky. How do they do early access, just pick random accounts?

I'm definitely hoping for the greens, myself.

No idea, either that or maybe depending on your previous purchases and if you got any of the other SNS Adidas releases.

Don't seem like that's too much hype on these so hopefully you'll be able to get a pair.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017

I have the tans from the first wave of komyuters. I like them a lot and people compliment them on the regular. Super light weight, unique looking and functional too. The upper is pretty water resistant. I wore them in the pouring rain the other day and they barely got wet when I was soaked every where else. The biggest complaint I could make is that the cinching system used to lock them down doesn't work as smoothly as intended, but it's hardly a deal breaker. It's a neat idea that hopefully will be improved upon. Been contemplating the all blacks too, but I'm trying to diversify my sneaker rotation. If they happen to go on sale they'll be an instant cop for me though.

Well, this is the most important thread ;D

I'm waiting for the NMD Cs1 Gore-Tex collabs in November.

nBVjUoq.png

x0qE7fD.jpg

Yeah I was going to cop the Adidas PK F/1.4's 'cause they're weather-resistant, but I can't justify $220 CAD for them when I need something that will hold up better to trekking around off cement. I would cop those or those NMDs otherwise

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
We made it.

I am really itching to buy some new shoes (preferably something with boost) but nothing is doing it for me lately.

Adidas in particular needs to come out with some heat, haven't liked most of their releases this year. Although those glitch NMD's coming 11/3 aren't bad.

OP
OP
WesleyShark

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Those look nice!

We made it.

I am really itching to buy some new shoes (preferably something with boost) but nothing is doing it for me lately.

Adidas in particular needs to come out with some heat, haven't liked most of their releases this year. Although those glitch NMD's coming 11/3 aren't bad.

We did make it, and in style! Finest footwear in all of Era.

The dark glitch are great. Not sure if they are men's or women's sizing. Speaking of, and also in November are the women's triple black R2s.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
No pics of collection (many are in boxes and I rotate) but had to post this. I seem to be wearing them all the time, love them.

A9D2BWy.jpg