• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
sneakermafiabannerpt1.png

It was early morning when our protagonist awoke. It was another glorious day in his wonderful empire and lil jimmy fuccboi hypebeast was awaking and getting ready for school. However, each new day presented our hero with the same problem. Which sneakers should he wear today to flex on his friends?

Now some of you reading this may not understand why this was so problematic for lil jimmy, afterall why would anybody struggle so to decide what shoes to wears on any given day? Why not just wear the same ones that they had worn yesterday? But lil jimmy is not a normal person. He is a fuccboi hypebeast, after undsing sneakers by removing them brand new and deadstock from their original sneaker box, they are worthless to him. Their resale value was gone and the barely dirty outsole made him queasy. Thus, after a day's wear, Lil jimmy would throw away his sneakers. This may seem wasteful and stypid to the rest of you, but...

Anyway, the sneakers as you can imagine did not like being thrown away after one use. They wanted to be loved and worn until they were destroyed and smelly. They loved embracing your feet tightly as you slipped your foot into them just as much as when their owner's stinky feet odour was left all over them. They love it! Sadly though, the sneakers in lil jimmy's closet knew that they had been bought by a fuccboi hypebeast and that their fate was to be flexed on for a day and thrown out when they were not lit anymore, the worst!

So, each day before lil jimmy opened the closet, the sneakers would get together to decide which of them would be sacrificed today. They did this by all placing a vote in the great dress shoe for another sneaker's name. Whichever sneakers received the most votes was the sacrifice. This agreement had been decided upon by their forefathers many moons ago and had existed unbroken for eons. By eons I mean since 2 weeks ago when lil jimmy got into sneakers and asked his rich daddy to buy them all for him at exorbitant resell values.

After many sacrifices, the sneakers were tiring of the constant worry of always being sacrificed to the rubbish bin god and started investigating ways to avoid this fate. Sneakers from the same sneaker brands began to band together and pool their votes to get sneakers from other brands sacrificed. Now on one side, stood the Nike and all its owned brands sneakers, and on the other side all the sneakers from the other brands. However, the sneakers from the Nike brand side had the upperhand by having more numbers. Afterall, Nike is the hypest shit and lil jimmy is a fuccboi hypebeast. A victory for the nike sneakers seemed almost ensured, so, the other sneaker brands now had to resort to other nefarious methods if they hoped to survive this epic battle. Thus began, Sneakers mafia wars!

Player List:
1. [f] empressdonna - New (mentored by RoytheOne)
2. [m] HoneyBunches - New killed N1
3. [m] Ty4on
4. [m] hom3land killed D1
5. [m] NZJubJub lynched D5
6. [m] cabot
7. [m] CeeCee
8. [m] Alexem lynched D2
9. [m] Batsnacks killed N2
10. [m] SaucyKaz replaced by [m] Salvapot killed N5
11. [m] Timeaisis
12. [m] Fat4All replaced by [m] archreaper93(mentored by CaptainNuevo) lynched D3
13. [m] rac lynched N6
14. [m] squidyj killed N4
15. [m] Pooh lynched D1
16. [m] oreomunsta lynched D6

Sample Role PM:
Welcome to Sneakers Mafia.

You are the Nike Roshe 2, you are a shoe that nobody loves. You are a part of Nike brand sneaker side, the too hot brand that was being worn too often, so now you're teaming up to get rid of the rest!

You are a General Release Nike townie, you don't have any powers beyond voting!

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and/or pedro.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

Night 4 Begins

Voting Tool:
https://frozen-refuge-64585.herokuapp.com/sneakers-mafia-the-battle-for-your-stinky-ugly-feet.25645/

Last edited:
OP
OP
gir

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Mentorship program

For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

---------

What Is Mafia?

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-mafia-ot2-it-takes-2-for-murder-sign-ups-now-open.13717 MafiERA OT!

Rules:

Fundamental

1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.

2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.

3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, you can not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. This includes direct quotes or screenshots of Role PMs. A violation of this rule may result in a Modkill.

4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.

5. Do not refer to or discuss other player's activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game. Please do not use this information for in-game purposes.

6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.

7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun. Repeated aggressive action will be warned by a Mod and if that is ignored may result in a Modkill or a Replacement Player being sought.

Activity and Deadlines

8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.

9. If you do not post in this thread at least ten posts per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a warning via PM. If you fail to meet the ten posts per Day Phase minimum again after receiving a warning you will be Replaced and removed from the game.

10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.

11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.

12. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.

13. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").

14. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.

15. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death

18. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the red colour fonts (third red from the top, second column) and bold. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.

19. Unless specified by the game-runner, any votes outside of this formatting will not be counted. This includes changes in Size, Color, or Font Family.

20. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the red colour fonts (third red from the top, second column) and bold. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.

21. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.

22. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.

23. Once someone has received a strict majority (>50%) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.

24. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.

25. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Spectator Thread

26. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.

27. On death, a player can either opt to join the replacement list, or receive a link to the Spectator Thread. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the Spectator Thread cannot act as replacements.

Other

28. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the red color font is strictly for Gamerunners. Do not use it.

29. Be aware that some people may find some font color/size changes very difficult to read. If you choose to use a different font size or color than the default, be ready to change it if someone requests it.

30. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.

31. Do not use formatting to hide extra content in your text.

32. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.

33. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.

34. In general, do not try and exploit loopholes in the rules.

35. When changing the font color back after Voting, please select the 'None' option so the text will properly appear on both Dark and Light Themes.

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
Comin' down on a sunny day?

Also, what do other countries call jandals? I know Aussies call them thongs but surely proper countries actually have their own names for them.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We (brazilians) call them "chinelos". Why would you call that a jandal.

V So did you kiwis look at the calendar and thought "we don't have a lot of holidays, let's add one. how about chinelo day"?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck everyone! May the best shoe win??

I want to know
Have you ever seen the rain
Comin' down on a sunny day?

Also, what do other countries call jandals? I know Aussies call them thongs but surely proper countries actually have their own names for them.
We call them flip flops in America. Though I kinda like the name Jandals

OP
OP
gir

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Batsnacks just won the game as far as im concerned, the rest of you might as well pack it up and go home already

Cacoepy

Nov 5, 2017
I once met a man with no shoes. I gave him some spare change I had in my pocket, hoping that he may one day be able to purchase some sick yeezys or something. Then, I met a man with no feet...

So I gave him some spare prosthetic feet I had lying around. The moral of the story is that I've got something for everyone. Hit me up.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I once met a man with no shoes. I gave him some spare change I had in my pocket, hoping that he may one day be able to purchase some sick yeezys or something. Then, I met a man with no feet...

So I gave him some spare prosthetic feet I had lying around. The moral of the story is that I've got something for everyone. Hit me up.

I was really confused.. I started reading your post like "I once met a man from Nantucket". Was really confused reading the rest trying to get it to rhyme.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017

sooo..... you're the serial killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.