SNES Mini Classic Hacking | More games, more borders, more gooder.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 19, 2017
I was curious: how do you folks arrange your games collection?

I've stuck with the standard A-Z folder system, but I think I want to pick something that's a bit easier to sort out a large games collection. I'm not sure if I should go with genres (RPGs, Actrion, etc), companies (Konami, Capcom) or so on. Is there a way to copy the same game in multiple folders while keeping the same saves and save states across all of them (like Steam)?

Speaking of which, I do wish we had a "recently played" folder that just showed whatever last batch of games you booted up. This is a handy thing Steam also does, and it would be especially handy if consoles had this too (the Switch does this automatically, but lacks a folder option to better sort the games. PS4 and Xbox don't do this either).
Going off memory...
My main screen has games that I’ll play anytime even for 5-10minutes.
Then I have folders for action, adventure, Nintendo, sports, shooters, RPGs (not Square or Enix), and lastly one each for Square and Enix. There might be a few more but that’s the gist of it.

CharGP02A

Nov 23, 2017
Hi there, I was wondering if someone can help.

I have the latest Hakchi CE and I wanted to run my games off my USB drive from San Disk. However, it's stuck at the Knock, Knock Hakchi screen when I boot up the Mini. However, if I run it without the USB, it'll do just fine but without the games i exported to the USB of course. What can I do to resolve this?

ReyVGM

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was curious: how do you folks arrange your games collection?

I've stuck with the standard A-Z folder system, but I think I want to pick something that's a bit easier to sort out a large games collection. I'm not sure if I should go with genres (RPGs, Actrion, etc), companies (Konami, Capcom) or so on. Is there a way to copy the same game in multiple folders while keeping the same saves and save states across all of them (like Steam)?

Speaking of which, I do wish we had a "recently played" folder that just showed whatever last batch of games you booted up. This is a handy thing Steam also does, and it would be especially handy if consoles had this too (the Switch does this automatically, but lacks a folder option to better sort the games. PS4 and Xbox don't do this either).
It' okay to leave the menu alone and just play the games.

If you are worrying about that, then you aren't playing it enough.

SteevL

Dec 25, 2018
Hi there, I was wondering if someone can help.

I have the latest Hakchi CE and I wanted to run my games off my USB drive from San Disk. However, it's stuck at the Knock, Knock Hakchi screen when I boot up the Mini. However, if I run it without the USB, it'll do just fine but without the games i exported to the USB of course. What can I do to resolve this?
Try running a chkdsk on the USB drive. Sounds like possible corruption, and usually chkdsk/error checking can fix it.

SteevL

Dec 25, 2018
Wow, that actually worked, lol. I should have originally considered that. Thanks!
It's a fairly common problem! Normally if it can't read off the USB drive, the problem can mean either corruption or a bad OTG device, but since yours was clearly trying to load off if it (by being stuck on knock knock -- you can change that boot screen to something else, by the way!), I knew it was most certainly an issue with the USB drive itself.

CharGP02A

Nov 23, 2017
It's a fairly common problem! Normally if it can't read off the USB drive, the problem can mean either corruption or a bad OTG device, but since yours was clearly trying to load off if it (by being stuck on knock knock -- you can change that boot screen to something else, by the way!), I knew it was most certainly an issue with the USB drive itself.
Am I able to disable that screen and just let it be black until the SNES menu loads? Good explanation on the issue.

SteevL

Dec 25, 2018
Am I able to disable that screen and just let it be black until the SNES menu loads? Good explanation on the issue.
Yeah, normally you would hook your system to your PC and in hakchi click Tools --> Boot Splash --> Disable Boot Splash. But since you're using a USB drive, you'll also want to put a file called "boot.png" into your USB:/hakchi/ folder. It has to be a 1280x720 black image. There's actually one of these in your hakchi program's "data" folder called "blankBoot.png". Just copy it over and rename it.