SNES Mini Classic Hacking | More games, more borders, more gooder.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Is it known that the first Breath of Fire exhibits incorrect graphics during certain segments when running in Canoe? I'm talking specifically about the Chun-Li cameo in Bleak (or rather any of the results of that little aside) where the screen doesn't drop out of black-out despite the text saying you should be seeing something. Afterwards the game runs normally far as I can see.

I wanted to see Chunners. :(

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

Oct 25, 2017
England
Is it known that the first Breath of Fire exhibits incorrect graphics during certain segments when running in Canoe? I'm talking specifically about the Chun-Li cameo in Bleak (or rather any of the results of that little aside) where the screen doesn't drop out of black-out despite the text saying you should be seeing something. Afterwards the game runs normally far as I can see.

I don't recall ever seeing that. Have you tried with BoF's actual PID, just to be sure? 1144 (4411 in hakchi)

demi

Oct 27, 2017

A lot of issues aren't known because nobody is going to replay all these games for the sake of testing, lol. But you need more information on how you added your game.

- SFROM Tool?
- Preset ID?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

Oct 25, 2017
England
Welp, odd little quirk then. Worth noting it works fine in the newer version on Canoe on the Switch, though that won't help here, but another little fix it has.

Though I wonder what it did in VC versions? Those are older Canoe and surely it worked..

Cheezeman3000

Jan 5, 2018
A lot of issues aren't known because nobody is going to replay all these games for the sake of testing, lol. But you need more information on how you added your game.

- SFROM Tool?
- Preset ID?
Yeah, like, I found a glitched textbox issue with Illusion of Gaia that happens later in the game, so I had to look up what the text was saying to progress. Little weird things like that still happen sometimes even with the "correct" settings.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I make sure to cross check via YouTube let's plays whenever something unexpected happens in a game running in Canoe to ensure it's not a known issue on real hardware or at least on an accurate emulator (which isn't the easiest thing in the world, people out there still using ZSNES in 2019).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Well without testing myself, the issue may possibly be resolved with a different Preset ID. But it sounds like a similiar issue with Goof Troop where a screen that should be "dark" isn't and you see the entire screen anyway.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Is there an updated guide as to how to get the SNES mini hacked? I see the version listed in the OP for Hakchi is quite old compared to the new one in github. Is it still the same process?