• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

SNES Mini Classic Hacking | More games, more borders, more gooder.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Try using 1.1b, cluster f'd stuff up in the later builds
And this did the trick! Now it works perfectly with the command line rewrite. Added about 25 games as a best of genesis(not all I have but I didn’t see a need to put everything on there just some stuff I want to work on mixed with a bunch of fun coop stuff) and I am now good to mess with my brother in law at thanksgiving. Now to do the final curation and patching of my Snes lineup

Nov 19, 2017
And this did the trick! Now it works perfectly with the command line rewrite. Added about 25 games as a best of genesis(not all I have but I didn’t see a need to put everything on there just some stuff I want to work on mixed with a bunch of fun coop stuff) and I am now good to mess with my brother in law at thanksgiving. Now to do the final curation and patching of my Snes lineup
It’s so weird with the 2.21f release. A friend used 1.1d without issue; I had to use 1.1c, and yours works with 1.1b. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As long as it works, great. ;)
It's great. I use it to play T&E SOFT golf games with the Genesis CPU overclocked 400% in emulation. This causes the games to play much smoother and with less wait times, and makes them feel very modern. Recommended! At least for those beautiful games.
For golf, I’d imagine it’s better, but what about other games? Do you actually play them at 400%? Or in general, do you think it’s a better core than GenPlus?

Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
For golf, I’d imagine it’s better, but what about other games? Do you actually play them at 400%? Or in general, do you think it’s a better core than GenPlus?
Depends on the game of course. These golf games are written in a way that they cope very well with the higher CPU speed, probably due to their heritage as PC games. They remain controllable and the processing wait times are removed. Think of it as running a game on a slow PC versus a fast PC - the experience is smoother and largely better running/playing them at 400%. Of course I don't recommend this approach for all games.

Better is a subjective term. I prefer Picodrive for this feature and the fact it's a performance over accuracy type of emulator. So it's at least worth checking out both depending on the game your're playing.

Nov 19, 2017
Depends on the game of course. These golf games are written in a way that they cope very well with the higher CPU speed, probably due to their heritage as PC games. They remain controllable and the processing wait times are removed. Think of it as running a game on a slow PC versus a fast PC - the experience is smoother and largely better running/playing them at 400%. Of course I don't recommend this approach for all games.

Better is a subjective term. I prefer Picodrive for this feature and the fact it's a performance over accuracy type of emulator. So it's at least worth checking out both depending on the game your're playing.
Thanks for the feedback. There are a few games that I feel might run better with a performance core so I’ll try them out.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
My 5 year old nephew is obssesed with Stunt Racer FX. It's the only game he wants to play besides Super Mario World when he comes over. And he does not like Super Mario Kart. I gotta admit the cars look super charming. I made him try Sonic 2 on my genesis mini and he noped after 5 mins. Kids are weird sometimes.