• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Guys!

I'm trying to find out, but thought I'd ask here. Can you play Amiga games on the SNES Classic?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Then with the current goodset, shouldn't they be fine?
And with no intro, I have yet to see a version number on no intro sets... do they do that?

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Then with the current goodset, shouldn't they be fine?
And with no intro, I have yet to see a version number on no intro sets... do they do that?

No one knows if all the good dumps in the current set are actual good dumps. I don't know if goodsnes is still being updated anyway. I trust no-intro more because they have an active website where they document everything they do, and they only produce good dumps, unlike goodsnes that include all bad dumps, hacks, overdumps, etc.

So some of the SNES mini's dont come with an AC adapter? When did this happen??

As far as I know all USA SNESC come with it. I believe Euro ones don't.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one knows if all the good dumps in the current set are actual good dumps. I don't know if goodsnes is still being updated anyway. I trust no-intro more because they have an active website where they document everything they do, and they only produce good dumps, unlike goodsnes that include all bad dumps, hacks, overdumps, etc.

As far as I know all USA SNESC come with it. I believe Euro ones don't.
My friend just bought one on amazon and it says this https://twitter.com/mihaelmello_k/status/954143261081395203

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

I do remember when the SNESC launched, some people complained that Amazon sent them units that didn't have the AC Adapter. I just checked my box and it has the AC Adapter and the instructions don't have the "sold separately" line either.

Can you friend turn on the SNESC and see if maybe he didn't get the European version? On the system menu it should look like the Super Famicom and not like a Super NES if it's an Euro version.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017

O.O I had no idea. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

So some of the SNES mini's dont come with an AC adapter? When did this happen??

They shouldn't be without according to the USA site. https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic/
The Super Famicom Mini doesn't come with one but you can buy bundles.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
ok i tried more mario hacks
super demo world def doesn't work imo
second reality project reloaded seems to work....but loses level music when you shoot a red koopa fireball from yoshi for some reason
second reality project 2 would not load
panic in mushroom kingdom, return to dinosaur island, and super mario brothers 5 reborn all loaded and seemed OK, didn't get a chance to play them to check for bugs though.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do remember when the SNESC launched, some people complained that Amazon sent them units that didn't have the AC Adapter. I just checked my box and it has the AC Adapter and the instructions don't have the "sold separately" line either.

Can you friend turn on the SNESC and see if maybe he didn't get the European version? On the system menu it should look like the Super Famicom and not like a Super NES if it's an Euro version.
Its not the EU version its the snes american one

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
actually i found a 2017 (probably unofficial) version of the second reality project reloaded, and this version fixes the fireball sound glitch. make sure you get that one if you're going to play the hack. idk what else it fixes but it seems to just be a general update by someone else to fix some bugs from TSRPR's original release years and years earlier.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If you're in the US, compare the twit pic to any socket on your walls. ;)
If you got it on Amazon, sold by Amazon, not shipped by, then you do have a solid issue.

True, socket looks weird. Guy probably bought it from a second seller and received an european version. It can't be US no matter what he says due to the manual picture. Unless someone changed the manual and stole the AC Adapter.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're in the US, compare the twit pic to any socket on your walls. ;)
If you got it on Amazon, sold by Amazon, not shipped by, then you do have a solid issue.
True, socket looks weird. Guy probably bought it from a second seller and received an european version. It can't be US no matter what he says due to the manual picture. Unless someone changed the manual and stole the AC Adapter.
He bought it on the amazon hot sale deal or whatever from yesterday.. Amazon just refunded him $15 dollars for not having I swear to god

Edit: No two days ago it came in 2 days on prime

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Robin, in addition to the post on the previous page about Williams Arcade greatest hits, I went through a couple more:

Stone Protectors = Fine
Street Combat = Fine
Street Hockey 95 = Fine
Super Alfred Chicken = Fine
Super Baseball 2020 = Fine

Last edited:

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
And some more:

Super Batter Up = Fine
Super Battleship = Garbled graphics, screen covered in black dots
Super Battletank = Fine
Super Battletank 2 = Fine
Super Black Bass = Fine

Also, i'm not seeing the in game soft reset graphic problems on Super Buster Bros. Its just the L+R+Select+Start reset we are talking about right? I've done that reset a dozen times and it just goes black and back to the title sequence.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY grabbed one from Amazon.de (it's still in stock for Prime customers) but I won't be able to get my hands on it before late February/early March.

Going to pick up an official power adapter, cord extensions for the controllers and a nice bag. Did I forget anything? How long is the included HDMI cable? Does anyone now if one can order new controllers from Nintendo of Europe? It still annoys the hell out of me that I didn't get some fresh GameCube controller back when it was possible...

Deleted member 11926

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to just barge in here. Just wanted to ask if there's something regarding Super GameBoy in development? I know that might be a bit out there, since you would need another emulation layer (the GB hardware) on top of an emulation layer...But hope dies last.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Has the tool to hack this reach near perfection or do you think more versions will be coming out?

I'm thinking about finally adding some games to my mini.

What's the risk?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
- The tool isn't perfect, but it works and what's there works really well in what you want to do

- Zero risk

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a feature added to change the original art of the main games without doubling them up? I have been out of the scene a while and that was one of my last items on my TODO list

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to just barge in here. Just wanted to ask if there's something regarding Super GameBoy in development? I know that might be a bit out there, since you would need another emulation layer (the GB hardware) on top of an emulation layer...But hope dies last.

Nothing. This will only ever work if someone ends up porting a BSNES core for Retroarch, but I doubt the SNES classic will have enough CPU to run it. Native support in Canoe is out of the question.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, Canoe doesn't even boot the SGB ROM which most emulators can do. (Though you can't then run a GB game in most of them, you just stare at an empty screen)

AdolRed

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
United States
I see that the compatibility list encompasses primarily games released in the US. What's the word on Star Ocean or Tales of Phantasia, has anyone had any luck with those games?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I see that the compatibility list encompasses primarily games released in the US. What's the word on Star Ocean or Tales of Phantasia, has anyone had any luck with those games?

There are tabs at the bottom to switch regions, and even tabs for hacks and misc stuff. :)

Star Ocean will be working soon, Tales of Phantasia maybe later. But as of right now, they don't work.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Without splitting hairs, and seeing as Clusterr is done updating (With good reason, it does everything I need it to do), do we have any favorite custom builds, such as princess_daphie's listed above?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Cluster isn't actually done, which is the annoying part. He currently has 42 commits outstanding for a new version.

But I gather that daphie's build is excellent.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Got a SNES Classic. Really helps my daughter to not have both a thumbstick and d-pad in addition to buttons which exit the game.

Anyways, I modded it with various game systems' games and sorted by system folders. Changed up buttons to be more natural (SNES B-button is always jump). Everything seems to be working great. I even changed the Retroarch menu to be L+R+Start+Select so it's less likely to come up when she's playing.

If I dump the kernel now, will it be in the current state? Is there a good way to dump everything so if anything ever gets broken I can restore it / ghost it to the current working condition? Anything else I should be aware of? Extra features and such?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got one from Amazon when they had them a couple of days ago. The fuck is this shit:

p4hVvDl.jpg

eIcrgnu.jpg

They just getting these things from random fucking people or something?

Just to show it was sold by amazon, not a third party:

62V5weJ.png

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got one from Amazon when they had them a couple of days ago. The fuck is this shit:

p4hVvDl.jpg

eIcrgnu.jpg

They just getting these things from random fucking people or something?

Just to show it was sold by amazon, not a third party:

62V5weJ.png
Fucking Finally somebody else got the same shit! Seriously what the hell is going on here??? I'm gonna tell my friend to call Nintendo to get one that is unacceptable.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Are all new Classic shipments like this? AC Adapter exclusive first print? Aw yea boys, RARE

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, AC adapters were supposed to be included w/ NTSC NA systems but I can see Nintendo cheapening out by excluding it on subsequent shipments. At least you still get a cable. I always hook up mine via USB so the included adapter just sits there unused and unloved.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, AC adapters were supposed to be included w/ NTSC NA systems but I can see Nintendo cheapening out by excluding it on subsequent shipments. At least you still get a cable. I always hook up mine via USB so the included adapter just sits there unused and unloved.

Nintendo removing power supplies from US consoles wouldn't explain why the instructions show a non-US power outlet. That isn't what is going on.

Who is the distributor?? Active Boekii? Could these be fakes?

They aren't fakes. They just weren't meant for the US. Here is the Active Boeki site:

They are an official distributor, just not the US.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo removing power supplies from US consoles wouldn't explain why the instructions show a non-US power outlet. That isn't what is going on.

They aren't fakes. They just weren't meant for the US. Here is the Active Boeki site:

They are an official distributor, just not the US.
Wow ok... yeah thats amazon fault then. So they somehow got shipments from international distributor and start selling it as their own. lol

I wonder if they bought then resold lol