• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is the better SNES game?

• Alien 3

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • Beavis and Butt-head

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Thx Robin for the awesome guide... Trying to add some missing games next week...

BTW, Top Gear 3000 still doesn't work in the Classic?

Sadly not. I imagine Canoe doesn't support the DSP-4 no matter what Preset IDs we try. Mario Kart's, which has an earlier DSP, gets further than anything else but still crashes.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Awesome. Thank you very much

Hey BigDes. Your request is done. You can find the new cover in my imgur album.

Or for your convenience you can grab it here.
kN5Sdj2.png

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I think I managed to make Terranigma work decently with the ivarr87 patch.
Down below in his reddit post he links a second fix, made to work with a headered rom.
What must be done is :
- Apply a header
- Apply ntsc patch
- Apply his Canoe fix #2 (posted in the same thread)
I didn't apply the 8x16 patch because I don't really like, it seems to work anyway.
If it doesn't work then make sure your game dump is the same as what he links in his thread, a different file may give you either a black screen followed by a c7 error or distorted glitchy sounds (usually happens with an unheadered rom and his Canoe fix#1)

The game seems to run and sound fine, maybe not perfectly but far from the glitchy mess it was on my first try.

Last edited:

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try and decompile the lua scripts to see if I can tweak some UI stuff. I wonder if it is possible to then recompile and overmount.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hackchi is a must for this thing for the reset feature alone. Having to reset using the console button was a terrible idea.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Former lurker here, I just wanna say thanks for all the resource you guys provided at NG. That threat (& this one) are invaluable.

P.S.
If any of you guys have never played Front Mission: Gun Hazard, your really missing out! It's my favorite SNES game ever, the music is top-notch too.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Even if GAF returns to normal, this thread was full of really good information that needed to be in multiple places. Still not modding my SNES until the bug is fixed.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Robin, I'm really thankful you made the jump over here. Such a fantastic guide (also, we need to get all the WoW peeps over here).

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Nice to see you and your thread here Robin, I saved your thread just in case you didn't make it, but now I don't have to worry about that.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Yeeeeesssss! I just got my snes classic yesterday from LowRoller (I hope they made it over here or will be soon) and I'm definitely wanting to add a bunch more hidden gems.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo thread is alive! Back to the long painful wait till I get mine on Christmas ahhhhhhh

NubWizard

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Glad this thread is available. After I beat a few games on my system I plan on putting my copy of Terranigma on it. Hopefully compatibility will be better by then.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Really stoked this thread is back. I still haven't done any of the things I wanted to with my SNES Classic but your thread was always really interesting to read.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, people getting Terranigma to work in Canoe! Was holding out hope for that one because I didn't wanna bother with Retroarch.

Also hi Robin!

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all. Just came back from Thor: Raknarok, its late and i need to wake up early tomorrow. lol
Goingo to update this post with my borders tomorrow. See you soon.

yp6no8Z.gif

Download from Google Drive folder

14_snesred and 15_snesbox
pIsRL3v.png
T3uOWP3.png

16_snesus and 17_mariorpg
GVFAiaX.png
nMvzlsH.png

18_kirbysnes and 19_samus
1skVWCr.png
u9jkYrF.png

20_streetfighter and 21_pizzatime
85RBNI0.png
kceYTam.png

22_sraiders and 23_ki
M9YcwSA.png
GFXErcv.png

24_zeal and 25_mk
h4tqsRE.png
h8sDDyo.png

26_npower and 27_pil
dn8nCxC.png
3PeLrhz.png

28_mmjb and 29_mmsk
6ji9dzB.png
nrZspEK.png

Video wih backgrounds in action:

- Original Art MarioRPG.
- Original Art for Turtles in Time.

Custom Snes US BoxArts by Request: said:

Last edited:

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad to see this thread again! I'm definitely going to take a look into SNES Mini hacking. I was at a Retro Game Expo on Sunday and I saw a ton of SNES games worth playing so this will be the perfect way to try them out.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Thx for the guide. I'm gonna finally have a look at modding later this weekend when I'm hungover after Halloween parties and don't want to leave this house.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Aeana said that Tengai Makyou Zero might be working now. Has anyone gotten it to work? If so, can you link me to instructions?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I may have jumped the gun and not correctly applied the NTSC patch to Terranigma in my haste to test it out, which would account for audio issues. I'll be sure to test it more thoroughly when I get home from work.

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow, thanks for moving the thread to Era! It was my favorite thread these days. Also thanks for posting all these good boxarts!
I will try to get Illusion of Gaia to run at the weekend. I'm not sure yet what to do with that .ips file, anyone can please exlpain it?

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this made it over. Lots of great work that would be a shame to never see make the jump.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had problems with the Mario All-Star brick fix patch?

Every time I try it, the moment big Mario breaks a brick block the game crashes.