• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
YES!

I only owned the EU Wii re-release, which was at 50hz.
It's gonna be great to play the real thing this time.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Fuck yes! This was the way I was introduced to the Mario games and I've been dying to see them get a re-release. They got that one on the Wii but I think it went out of print pretty fast.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Reminder the Super Mario Bros. and Lost Levels have screwed up physics and are UNPLAYABLE.

(Exaggerating for comic effect, but I'll take the NES originals of those two any day. And SMB3, to be honest)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wish there was a physical version. I bought the Wii version years ago and I would buy it again, if I had the option.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Can someone explain to me what that entails exactly? From the direct it just looked like the same game running via their SNES emulator.
The games were upgraded on the SNES, compared to the NES originals.

This SNES Online release is just the SNES rom untouched (but has online multiplayer, rewind and save states.)

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder the Super Mario Bros. and Lost Levels have screwed up physics and are UNPLAYABLE.

(Exaggerating for comic effect, but I'll take the NES originals of those two any day. And SMB3, to be honest)

I always preferred the original SMB3 as well. The use of bold background colors had a way of increasing the tension of certain stages (Yellow for the Big Fish stages, all black for for Bowsrt World stages etc.). All the background detail in the remake dulled things IMO.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's insane they never changed this themselves, it's a one byte difference to fix this...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I always preferred the original SMB3 as well. The use of bold background colors had a way of increasing the tension of certain stages (Yellow for the Big Fish stages, all black for for Bowsrt World stages etc.). All the background detail in the remake dulled things IMO.
I do prefer the Super Mario 2 (USA) remake, though.
It looks and sounds great.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly, after this one and DK Country, there's not many 1st party SNES games left. Maybe Mario RPG and DKC 2 and 3.
From 3rd parties I still want Actraiser and Axelay.
DKC2/3, Wario's woods and earthbound are the only for sure ones left. I imaging Mario rpg would have been announced now if it was coming. Mystical ninja was datamined but that's the only other one left. It's why I originally expected a new system this month

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019