• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of Fire II is one of those games that benefits HUGELY from community patches (for re-translation and QOL changes), if you can legally enjoy it that way on PC. Would urge folks to look at that instead of the SNES Online one, if you have the option.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Is there OT for this?

BTW I wasn't the one who bumped the thread.
No, but I can turn this thread into am OT. Just give me a couple of days to do it.
There's already a thread:
www.resetera.com

SNES - Nintendo Switch Online |OT| Complimentary Classics

Welcome to the Official Thread for discussing Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ - Nintendo Switch Online, an application available with Nintendo Switch Online containing a collection of SNES games. This is the thread for sharing your experiences with the games, posting screenshots, asking...

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Breath of Fire II is one of those games that benefits HUGELY from community patches (for re-translation and QOL changes), if you can legally enjoy it that way on PC. Would urge folks to look at that instead of the SNES Online one, if you have the option.
Actually, I would love to do this. Can you point me into the best community patches? The only thing I found was this re-translation and I'm not sure if it's the right one because the description makes it sound like a project just starting.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I would love to do this. Can you point me into the best community patches? The only thing I found was this re-translation and I'm not sure if it's the right one because the description makes it sound like a project just starting.
99% sure this is the right one. The refreshed UI (with the lighter blue menus) looks like the one I always used.

Great retranslation (haven't seen it the whole way through, but the first few hours looked like a promising and refreshing overhaul of the script), and these QOL changes (from the patch's readme):

-You can now hold down the B button to run faster (does not work in all places). (!!!)
-You can now buy stacks of items at shops, up to 9 at a time (does not apply to all items).
-The magic menu in the battle screen now has a display on the right-hand side showing you how many AP the selected spell requires, as well as the ally's current AP.
-The item menu in the battle screen now has a display on the right-hand side showing your allies' current HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.