• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Admittedly I'm always cynical but I too figured with that 'change' it was definitely their way of saying we aren't getting as much stuff as often so just warning you type thing. And considering we barely got 2 a month for most of the year.... I guess it was time to buckle up for disappointment.

I'm not expecting much added for awhile but hopefully Nintendo prove me wrong! Before they said that I wasn't expecting much more NES stuff but I thought we'd get some SNES at least, cooome on with the DKCs!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so assuming(no negativity here) we get new Snes NSO games, what 3-5 games do you think we'll get in October? I'm thinking The legend of the mystical ninja is likely. Hm I could see Donkey Kong Country, not sure if they want to roll them out slowly or make an event of doing all theee at the same time

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Kirby's Dreamland 3 a few days ago. It's definitely on the weaker tier of the Kirby games IMO. As fun as the animal buddy mechanic is, Kirby himself is just way too limited in an unfun way.

The final boss was kinda cool, although needing to get all the hearts from the regular levels to fight him was a pain. Some of the minigames, like those counting ones, are quite annoying. Bless the Rewind system for those lol.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Ok so assuming(no negativity here) we get new Snes NSO games, what 3-5 games do you think we'll get in October? I'm thinking The legend of the mystical ninja is likely. Hm I could see Donkey Kong Country, not sure if they want to roll them out slowly or make an event of doing all theee at the same time

assuming 3games

- Breath of Fire 2
- Super Punch Out
- Donkey Kong Country

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing a decent bit of Joe & Mac with the SNES controller, and it's quite fun (though I'm abusing the hell out of rewind, lol.)

Give me Prehistorik Man, Nintendo!

51RXFfQdJaL.jpg

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
If you own a SNES Classic is there amy differences between its counterpart on SNES online for the Switch?

Just deciding where to play LttP once I finish Link's Awakening.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Lets assume three. They could go with

-Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
-First Party games of Super Punch Out, Earthbound, DKC1
-3rd Party RPG's- just pick any of them, easy win

My dream three we will never see- Turtles in Time, Mutant Apocalypse, NHL '95

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
If you own a SNES Classic is there amy differences between its counterpart on SNES online for the Switch?

Lttp is the same on Switch and the mini. No practical differences.
I was just wondering the same, and not only is the Switch's CRT filter clearly worse, but after comparing both systems side by side, I noticed the sound quality on Switch is way worse as well. It sounds heavily compressed. Found this really surprising.

Kamagii

Oct 27, 2017
South of Heaven
I thought I would fire up Breath of fire for like an hour .... 2 am the next day and I am invested like I was when I was 10 playing it at my dads house. The music the graphics dear god now I remember why I did horrible in school in 4th grade.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I thought I would fire up Breath of fire for like an hour .... 2 am the next day and I am invested like I was when I was 10 playing it at my dads house. The music the graphics dear god now I remember why I did horrible in school in 4th grade.
Just wait till they drop 2 and how much time you'll put in that one

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Anyone notice audio warping in SNES games when playing online?
the other day Me and a friend were playing online and the audio would change pitch... and we didn't touch fuzzies and weren't dizzy
it would happen when changing screens in yoshi's island but it happened in other games as well.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Yoshi's Island has a slight glitch in the SNES Mini in the Fuzzy level, where if you touch them the background momentarily disappears. That glitch isn't present with SNES Online.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Kirby's Dreamland 3 is such a gorgeous and charming game and I honestly prefer it to Kirby's Fun Pak.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice audio warping in SNES games when playing online?
the other day Me and a friend were playing online and the audio would change pitch... and we didn't touch fuzzies and weren't dizzy
it would happen when changing screens in yoshi's island but it happened in other games as well.

It's a result of the emulating trying to compensate for any lag that may be introduced when you're playing online. If anything, that's a good thing, because otherwise the audio itself may go out of sync if the emulator didn't take into account of that.

I have a program that does this for me on my Component captures (still need to get a powered splitter, which should fix the issue) on my capture card, so the audio and video don't de-sync. Same principle here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This special world in Mario world is a lot harder than I remember it being, like I'm getting angry

Marco_Tovarich

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

Didn't Nintendo say they would NOT provide any more monthly updates?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Well, shit on there being no four player support. These are from Nintendo Australia.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Ha OK australia of course.
I guess the delay in Europe is due to the time it takes to containers to reach the continent, and then clear customs and so on, but damn, this sure takes a lot of time.
I just hope we won't get a 2 hours window to order this...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Didn't Nintendo say they would NOT provide any more monthly updates?
Incorrect, that's the pessimism talking, they simply said it wouldn't be the previous standard and that they were switching over to regular updates. It can still be monthly but that simply means there won't be 2-3 Nes games and it could be any mix of the two or only Snes games for a while

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
So, after finishing ALttP yesterday I started Super Metroid, which is also my first Metroid game at all. Unfortunately I suck at doing the wall jumps. ;_;
Any tips from you guys?

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
any good horror/halloween game they could include in October? Maybe Castlevania: Dracula X / Vampire's Kiss?
any other ideas?

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
You should be going down, bomb some of the wall where the orange door will be to the left of the screen.

Weird, I tried that but nothing got destroyed. Anyway, I will go back to it now and try it again. Thank you so much for the tip, you're a lifesaver. I was trying for hours to get up there and would likely have tried it for several more hours without you.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Weird, I tried that but nothing got destroyed. Anyway, I will go back to it now and try it again. Thank you so much for the tip, you're a lifesaver. I was trying for hours to get up there and would likely have tried it for several more hours without you.
No problem. Just bomb or shoot the ground to the right of you on that screen with the orange door, and that'll get you to the bottom, they'll be an enemy inside a piece of wall to the right too if you happen to to destroy it.

It's my favourite game, I hope you enjoy it.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
No problem. Just bomb or shoot the ground to the right of you on that screen with the orange door, and that'll get you to the bottom, they'll be an enemy inside a piece of wall to the right too if you happen to to destroy it.

It's my favourite game, I hope you enjoy it.

It's awesome so far! I wonder why I as a huge Nintendo fan slept so long on this series. I've found the way down now. Before I was only trying to destroy the block on the left, which didn't work. Now I'm in a corridor with some facehugger thingies. :D

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Incorrect, that's the pessimism talking, they simply said it wouldn't be the previous standard and that they were switching over to regular updates. It can still be monthly but that simply means there won't be 2-3 Nes games and it could be any mix of the two or only Snes games for a while
The statement literally says "More NES games will be added in the future, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule" and that this is the same for SNES games. That sounds like an out from monthly releases where are you getting the info they are still releasing monthy?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So, after finishing ALttP yesterday I started Super Metroid, which is also my first Metroid game at all. Unfortunately I suck at doing the wall jumps. ;_;
Any tips from you guys?

You were actually doing really well at the end there, if you were just trying to wall jump in general. But yeah, I think without those items Selena mentioned, that route is for sequence breaking only.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Super Metroid. Amazing game. I loved every second of it. Very impressive for a 1994 game. My only issue was that wall jump was hard to control and screw attack stopped working after a while and broke a long climb up. The cool thing is that I was never in a hurry to finish the game and took my time. I don't get that a lot these days so this was a nice surprise.

Now having beaten this, I think I might turn to Link to the Past. I started playing that years ago but I never stuck with it. Having this library is great for checking off games on my "never finished list"

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Oops, stayed up until 2am playing Kirby's Dream Course with my buddy.

We tried every two player SNES game but this was the only one that really got its hooks in us.

It's a surprisingly strategic and deep take on mini golf. It was the last one we chose because we were the least interested in but next thing you know we're screaming and laughing.

In a strange way it felt like a mash up of golf and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Super Metroid. Amazing game. I loved every second of it. Very impressive for a 1994 game. My only issue was that wall jump was hard to control and screw attack stopped working after a while and broke a long climb up. The cool thing is that I was never in a hurry to finish the game and took my time. I don't get that a lot these days so this was a nice surprise.

Now having beaten this, I think I might turn to Link to the Past. I started playing that years ago but I never stuck with it. Having this library is great for checking off games on my "never finished list"

Oh the dirty things I would do to be able to play LttP through again for the "first time".

Status
Not open for further replies.