• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How sentimental might you be, baby?

• Rosy, yearning, and baring thine windswept soul

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • Very!

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • Somewhat, sometimes, some days.

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • Rarely, bar special subjects of interest or occasions.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Not the type.

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • DATA#ERROR

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I have stuff that me and my mum never managed to sort out of her parents that now my mum has passed away as well I don't even want to touch. T_T

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not very. I was a very sensitive child but my emotions mostly feel planed away in recent years. I'm more practical and logical really. I think nostalgia is often harmful or in the very least non constructive.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm an emotionless husk of a human that treats human interactions as transactions in which I emotionally manipulate others in order to get what I want. But then I cry at Pixar movies so idk

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I start to think I'm not and then.. Idk.. I see something or hear something and then I miss people. I guess it's the people I miss. I love my life now, but I do miss a lot of people I use to know really well.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Somewhat, sometimes, some days.

...which is a concept in itself I feel very sentimental about

so a lot probably

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
when i was a kid my parents stored most of our photos digitally onto a single hard drive. one day the drive fucked up and wiped like 75% of my childhood photos away, and we weren't able to recover them. it's fucking depressing to go home to my parents place as an adult and have basically no record of huge chunks of my life, so as a result today I place a probably unusually huge sentimental value on photographs and try and do everything I can to backup and preserve them.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Not very. In fact have have been referred to as a rather cold person and overly logical person. Though when I do show my softer side it is in less obvious ways.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, surprisingly so. I have a pretty dry and deadpan personality in general, so people are usually kinda confused when I get sentimental about stuff. No one expects the robot to get all sniffly during a movie.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very sentimental...it honestly makes it hard to get through the day sometimes. Suddenly I'm reminded of my ex, and I have an inner temper tantrum of sadness and anger.

I yearn for the days when we were together and I felt like nothing could go wrong.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I consiedered myself a pretty cold guy that never cried, not even on funerals... that changed the first time I was in love (instead of just liking someone) and I dropped my "barriers".

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
2UsnNjL.png

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are confusing sentimentality with being emotional. I'm not very sentimental, ie have a yearning for the past. I'm more interested in the future.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely keep trinkets, old photos, and things of that sort. Fond memories of times spent with friends, before the inevitable new jobs, new homes, and new political divisions.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Life has made me into a flatlined emotionless robot.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
A very select few things can move the meter. Otherwise, I'm just a cold lump of uncaring pragmatism.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I think people are confusing sentimentality with being emotional. I'm not very sentimental, ie have a yearning for the past. I'm more interested in the future.

Either attribute can suit it, actually. ^^' It stands apart from the breadth of being generally emotional as it is more exclusively characterized by a vulnerable sense of self-composure. Contrary to more widespread labile connotations, it is marked by melancholy, attachment, sensitivity, and the like, to which reminiscence for the past is a primary relative.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm very sentimental, to the point where it's an issue, lol. I get nostalgic way too easily, I get attached to random shit too much, I get attached to people for no particular reason.

I've had serious problems from this and I honestly wish I wasn't so sentimental.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im not usually emotional in public, but I get into a good sad drunk rhythm

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty extreme and can be difficult at times to deal with.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff that reminds me of my past always gets me and I don't care who sees me cry arbout it. A smell, a word, movie, commercial, whatever. Sometimes I just gotta cwy.