• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"I would say that probably the biggest challenge is that we are releasing the game on both the last generation of consoles and the latest generation, as well as PC," the developer said. "There is a significant difference in the power of the PS5 and Xbox Series X when you compare them to the baseline PS4 and Xbox One that launched in 2013."

The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of Sniper Elite 5 will run at 60 frames per second, and will support resolutions of up to 4K. The Xbox Series S version will support 60fps at resolutions of up to 1440p. The previous generations of consoles—PS4 and Xbox One—are capped at a frame rate of 30fps. While Rebellion didn't mention the target resolutions for the PS4 and Xbox One releases of Sniper Elite 5, it is likely that the game will run at around 1080p and 1440p while maintaining its target frame rate of 30fps, depending on whether it's a base PS4 or a PS4 Pro, or an Xbox One or Xbox One X.

"One of the biggest leaps we have made is the move to photogrammetry for the creation of the in-game assets," Rebellion said. "It is something that we only really touched on in some of the late DLC for Sniper Elite 4, but it is now a mainstay in the creation of SE 5.

"This method gives far more detail to everything you see in the game world. We were scanning everything from rocks and trees all the way up to tanks and other vehicles. It adds to the immersion and feel of the game.

"When you look at the weapons, for example, there is a far greater level of detail. They look like they have been used and are recreated to be as close as possible to their real-world counterparts.

"It has been a true step forward for the series and the way that we develop our games."

gamingbolt.com

Sniper Elite 5 Runs at 4K and 60 FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X, 1440p and 60 FPS on Xbox Series S

Developer Rebellion has provided details on Sniper Elite 5's target resolutions and frame rates on previous- and current-gen consoles.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Was wondering why it was so large compared to Zombie Army 4 but that explains it.

Looking forward to giving it a shot.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The Sniper Elite series might be one of the best examples of where an "evolutionary" rather than "revolutionary" approach to sequels pays off.

Ever since V2 (as it was a quasi-reboot of the original and was quite different to it), the games have iteratively got better looking, with larger maps and more polish and variety in terms of gameplay - without reinventing the wheel. Seems to be the case here with the visuals as well.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a single second of this series, but I think I'm going to jump into this one. It's day one on Game Pass, so why not?

Sounds fun, and it sounds like those new-gen upgrades are substantial.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'm curious about the DualSense implementations, because this is a game I could see using the triggers / haptics well.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I'm curious about the DualSense implementations, because this is a game I could see using the triggers / haptics well.

It makes use of the Returnal style of aiming. Left trigger slightly pulled goes into third person aiming, hold it all the way down for the new iron sights mode all of the non-sniper rifles have now.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Also, I guess, feel free to ask questions? I'm about to stream some more of it and put up the two-hour opening mission in co-op with my wife on Youtube. I've played the entire series so, can answer random stuff people might be wondering about.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
If you're gonna play on xbox i recommend preloading the game right now, it's 80gb on SX.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
"The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of Sniper Elite 5 will run at 60 frames per second, and will support resolutions of up to 4K."

Sometimes 4k/60 then.

Anyway this will be my first SE game (thanks Game Pass).

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Is the first game just not on PS4 ?

On the PS5 store, i see V2 remastered (3 dollars), Sniper Elite 3, 40 bucks or whatever,, Sniper Elite 4 (free through ps plus?), and then 5 is up for order and out in 3 days or whatever. is V2 the second game or the first or.

Oddly , i was always a bit puzzled on which entries were out for the current consoles, and then the other series Sniper Ghost Warrior too, between that main series and the Contracts one ? and so on, very confusing what the set order is and which one is available really, .. the store i think needs some work generally on the search section.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is the first game just not on PS4 ?

On the PS5 store, i see V2 remastered (3 dollars), Sniper Elite 3, 40 bucks or whatever,, Sniper Elite 4 (free through ps plus?), and then 5 is up for order and out in 3 days or whatever. is V2 the second game or the first or.

Oddly , i was always a bit puzzled on which entries were out for the current consoles, and then the other series Sniper Ghost Warrior too, between that main series and the Contracts one ? and so on, very confusing what the set order is and which one is available really, .. the store i think needs some work generally on the search section.

The first game never got a port. That was just on the Xbox/PS2 era of consoles.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask as a reply under your reply comment,

But is it necessary to play that first game generally? Is it alright to just begin with V2 and onward? I think they all take place during WW2 right?
Nothing could matter less in these games than the story or continuity, it's a complete non factor. Just play whichever one you want to start with :)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Can't wait for Zombie Army 5 with this engine

Rebellion knows how to pump out content for their coop survival shooters, something that I can not say for the developers of ANY of the recent shooters in this genre (Back4Blood, Aliens, World War Z, etc.)

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Nothing could matter less in these games than the story or continuity, it's a complete non factor. Just play whichever one you want to start with :)
V2 is a sort of reimagining of Sniper Elite for the PC/Xbox/PS2. V2 basically laid the groundworks for the rest of the games going forward.

Cool cool, thanks,

I will probably pick up V2 on this sale , and just enjoy it and then the 4th entry i had for free with plus, and then the new one that looks great visually. I am sure they all look good though.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If any of yall are thinking of buying the season pass, be warned, from someone who got really invested into ZA4, there is a GOOD reason why they list the season pass as "Season Pass 1".

Zombie Army 4 wound up having 3 different season passes, each of them about 35 dollars, and a standalone finale DLC.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This one snuck up on me. I haven't gotten into one of these games since the third one but this seems like the one to come back to the series after all this time. It being on Game Pass is the cherry on top.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this and it's GREAT. The visuals are a huge step up with the photogrammetry stuff they've got going on. And the stages are VAST. Took me two hours to get through the first mission. Took my time, snuck round, Hitman style.

It's really fantastic.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Cool cool, thanks,

I will probably pick up V2 on this sale , and just enjoy it and then the 4th entry i had for free with plus, and then the new one that looks great visually. I am sure they all look good though.
Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do. 3 is really good too, but the Ultimate Edition of that is always on sale, so there's no real rush to buy that.
The games after V2 are less linear than that though. I'm not sure if 4 or 5 went for full on open world, as I haven't played or seen much of them, but 3 went for more sandbox styled levels, rather than the super linear approach of V2.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Really looking forward to this! Got it pre ordered on PC. They're all such dumb fun, the x-ray kill cam stuff is really satisfying.
I actually just bought Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 recently because I was looking for my sniping game itch, but ended up refunding, Sniper Elite is just so much better.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Sniper Elite series might be one of the best examples of where an "evolutionary" rather than "revolutionary" approach to sequels pays off.

Ever since V2 (as it was a quasi-reboot of the original and was quite different to it), the games have iteratively got better looking, with larger maps and more polish and variety in terms of gameplay - without reinventing the wheel. Seems to be the case here with the visuals as well.
would be cool if they did something different then WW2 tho. Wouldnt mind a future game from them.