• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have loved to get the retail version, but I had a lot of fun with it at launch, so no regrets. I'll get the dlc soon!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Have they made it so we can use a pro controller and joy cons or do you still have to use the joycons sperated?

dat OP, man. don't fight it. let the power of reading flow through you :)

shock50qc1.jpg

Last edited:

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Picking up the physical version to play with a friend. Skipped it at launch, but I'm digging the new physical edition. Heard Pro Controller support was also patched in.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Probably a dumb question, but is this game worth picking up for solo play?

I wouldn't say so, you have to manually switch characters to cut each other and all the side modes except the new art mode aren't playable. Maybe it's fine if you're a very meticulous person and don't want to deal with the chaos of coordinating live cutting, lol.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Picking up the physical version to play with a friend. Skipped it at launch, but I'm digging the new physical edition. Heard Pro Controller support was also patched in.
you're killing me right now :D

Well the grip doesn't affect split Joycon support (except in ARMS?), so yeah I guess so?
I know there are some (got patched in later) but I can't think of any games that don't support the Pro Controller at this point.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the demo, and its just stupid enough for me to buy it some day. Its seem a fun party game!

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yeah, but you'll always have people ask unless you spell out every configuration entirely in the OP. :P (And even when you do apparently)
What bums me out is that NOE used to list pretty much all controller configs for Wii U games on their website but for Switch games you basically just get a mention of Pro Controller support in a binary way. Nothing about split joycon or grip or combinations for multiplayer.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
The DLC is too expensive for me.
Also why isn't it possible to buy "Snipperclips Plus" for 10€ more if you have the original, if you want the new screen title for instance, instead of the original + DLC?

Last edited:

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I preordered, this, but Amazon messed up my order. :/

Had to reorder. Arriving Wed.

The DLC is too expensive for me.
Also why isn't it possible to buy "Snipperclips Plus" for 10€ more if you have the original, if you want the new screen title for instance, instead of the original + DLC?

I guess they could have made it an update instead of DLC, but this is how they went. All you want is the new title screen and icon that says plus? That's all?

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I preordered, this, but Amazon messed up my order. :/

Had to reorder. Arriving Wed.

I guess they could have made it an update instead of DLC, but this is how they went. All you want is the new title screen and icon that says plus? That's all?

Yeah but it's not a big deal. Anyway, 10€ is a bit too much for 40 new single screen puzzles given how quickly you can complete them in the first game usually.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Played the demo near launch, enjoyed it, but something told me to wait... glad I did. Ordered the physical one from Best Buy, and should have it by tomorrow. Looking forward to giving a proper go at last!

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the best games available on the Switch, full-stop. I played through the original release with my GF and when she found out the DLC was a thing, she kept asking about it until it was out. We bought it instantly last week.

Do not sleep on this game. It's a quintessential Switch game if you're into couch co-op.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon just paid for the DLC for me! I received a survey for Twitch a few days ago and now they sent me today $10 credit. I was planning to buy the DLC anyway after i'm done with Doom, but i don't mind getting it for free!

Denkoyugo

Oct 27, 2017
Holland
If you don't have the DLC, will the pro contoller work now with the standard game? Or do i need to get the DLC (it'll come eventually, just wondering for the time being)

SilentRage47

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I played the demo with a friend and I had a lot of fun. How long is the plus version ? Is the retail price of 29€ worth it content wise ?

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
How do you access the old stages with the random shapes? I've just booted up a finished game with the DLC unplayed, and I don't see an option.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't have the DLC, will the pro contoller work now with the standard game? Or do i need to get the DLC (it'll come eventually, just wondering for the time being)

The game contains an update even if the DLC isn't bought. I guess the Pro Controller support is in that update. (Don't know for sure though, since I have the DLC.)

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
played the demo but now with a physical release I',m very curious, but how fun solo?
Can I convince non-gaming gf to play in little spurts? Thought the demo levels were great

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know there was an OT for this! Played the demo, and knew immediately I needed the game, but decided to wait since it was an eShop title. Picked it up a physical copy before a car trip and am loving this with my wife! Seriously no other publisher thought this would be good idea? Good job on Nintendo