• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
http://snk40th.com/
lLLo2yR.png

9SlMGgJ.png

Apparently it's gonna have more of a focus primarily on 1980s catalogue. Blast me into the past if old.

Limited Edition:
yNxCEje.png

$64.99
https://store.nisamerica.com/snk-40th-anniversary-collection-limited-edition-nintendo-switch
Unfortunately this seems to be NISA Store exclusive....

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sweeeeeetttt, their 80's stuff gets interesting since it's pre neo-geo system so it gets ported less. Now question is price point and physical release

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is any of there 80s games actually any good?

I thought It was after Fatal Fury when they started making good games

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I think P.O.W. on the NES was my first SNK game; I'm glad to see it on the collection. Maybe I will finally beat it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I always wanted a cheap and legal way to play Crystalis

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Banned 3 Days: Drive By Troll post, with prior history of similar types of posts.
Can't wait for this game to sell like shit like every other SNK game since 2003 lmfao

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Should be called Early SNK Collection.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
So many different ways to get SNK oldies, they really need to come up with a quality consistent scheme for everything rather than give the license/portjobs to all kinds of different dev teams even for the same damn games.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Who announced this. SNK or Hamster?

Also, surprised to see an actual compilation with multiple games. I was getting tired of buying retro games one at a time (like the ACA releases).

EDIT: And it will have home versions? Awesome. I wonder which home platforms, because there were ports to many consoles at the time (Nes, MSX...)

Nogib

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crystalis alone makes this worth it. The NES game is a gem in my mind. The GBC version was crap because of the changed music.

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking. CRYSTALIS?!?!

Holy fucking shit, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A RERELEASE OF THIS GAME SINCE I WAS A KID.

The shit GBC version does not count

The Fallen

Oct 27, 2017
If only, SNK were to just allow Capcom to re-release the Capcom vs SNK series for the current consoles and PC.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems half-assed not to have games like King of Fighters or Samurai Showdown at the forefront of this announcement but I guess they're keeping in the 80's so they can continue selling many of the more well known games for $8 a pop on the eShop and elsewhere.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Crystalis is pretty great.

As a kid, I played it on my NES over MANY years, because I was young and didn't always understand what to do... then I used a lot of Game Genie codes, and someone got super fucked up and broke the game and couldn't progress. Still loved it though!

Amnesiac

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I received Crystalis for NES as a gift from my aunt when I was a kid. First RPG I ever played and it ended up being my favorite NES title and made me fall in love with RPG's. It was way ahead of its time.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah, Digital Eclipse! I don't really have a ton of SNK nostalgia other than Metal Slug but this is gonna be a sweet collection on that alone.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm curious if there is a Crystalis fan hack/patch that makes the names and translation closer to the JP ver.

Oct 27, 2017
I received Crystalis for NES as a gift from my aunt when I was a kid. First RPG I ever played and it ended up being my favorite NES title and made me fall in love with RPG's. It was way ahead of its time.

I've been wishing for a port or remake of Crystalis for so long. One of my dream remakes that will never happen is a remade Crystalis by Falcom using the Ys Ark engine.

But I am perfectly happy with this just knowing that SNK realizes this game still exists.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems half-assed not to have games like King of Fighters or Samurai Showdown at the forefront of this announcement but I guess they're keeping in the 80's so they can continue selling many of the more well known games for $8 a pop on the eShop and elsewhere.

Why halfassed? they have released the KOF and SS more times than Sega releasing their genesis catalogue, is nice that for once they give the spotlight to other games