• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I bought one. Here's my thoughts.

MctiYxT.jpg
That bad, huh?

Oct 27, 2017
I'll echo the sentiment that it looks like it's probably a mini arcade cabinet of some kind. An MVS mini!

Seriously though, I'm hyped. I was never fortunate enough to own an AVS, but I love my NGPC to death. Even with such a short life, it was seriously one of the greatest handhelds of all time.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Between reading the title and entering the thread I had a head full of a new 4k 12TF SNK power house and a list of exclusives... Makes me wonder if the big three will ever be the big four.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
It would be really nice to have if it's at least of iCade quality (input-wise I mean, not the cardboard, in that way it surprised me, it had very loud buttons but a very nice overall feel to it, shame it was forgotten as a novelty by its makers) with a nice enough screen, spot-on emulation and also importantly a decent price (I'd say SNES Mini price would be justified given in my opinion SNES mini is overpriced but this would need more hardware like the screen, possibly better specs).

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A Neogeo Mini yes please!

I want "mini" versions of every console to have next to my SNES Classic and NES Classic (once it's relaunced). I would love a Turbografx Mini! And a Playstation 1 mini.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are those mini cabinet capable of 2p? Otherwise why I would want a neo geo that could only be played by 1 player?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The idea itself was great, which is probably why SNK signed up:

The system was released on December 18, 2012 as part of a bundle called the "Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition", which includes a docking station, an arcade stick, and a bonus game card. The docking station is modeled after the original Neo Geo AES console and is used for charging the handheld as well as connecting it to a television. The arcade stick is a replica of the original Neo Geo AES arcade stick that can be used as a controller when the handheld is connected to a TV through the docking station.

The execution and quality control though are another story, which is why SNK forced the devs to cease manufacturing it:

Reportedly due to the low manufacturing standards employed by Tommo, in October 2013, SNK Playmore has publicly ordered Tommo to cease not only manufacture of the Neo Geo X, but to pull all existing stock from store shelves. Tommo in response claimed to be in compliance with the contract between the companies, which had recently been extended until 2016, and demanding that SNK retract the cease and desist claim.

In early 2014, in a press statement sent to gaming magazine Polygon, Tommo once again claimed full contractual compliance, and accused SNK Playmore of using underhanded tactics to undermine sales of their product, while failing to follow the routes of resolution put forward in the contract in the first place, and declining Tommo's offers of peaceful resolution. The CEO of the manufacturer said they were planning on "taking action" against SNK to protect their contractual rights.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody remember this post I'm making please. Whenever this thing gets announced. PM me immediately. Just picture this avatar, it will help you remember and associate seeing the announcement with having to PM Mikebison on ResetEra. Thank you.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
A mini arcade cabinet would be extremely cool.

Hopefully it's not more than 70-80 bucks.

If it's a mini arcade, it's definitely more expensive than 70-80$. I'd add a 100$ if it's that. And probably another 100$ if it's of good quality.
Good Controllers alone on a good NeoGeo Mini would probably raise the price absurdly high.

Excited to see what it is and what games are included though.

Oct 27, 2017

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Snk has sold its neogeo collection like 50 times on different platforms it has to be one of the greatests investment returns in gaming history.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Snk has sold its neogeo collection like 50 times on different platforms it has to be one of the greatests investment returns in gaming history.
It has been a lot.

NeoGeo MVS
NeoGeo AES
SNES ports (mostly licensed to Takara)
MD/CD ports (mostly licensed to Takara and JVC)
PCE/CD ports (mostly licensed to Hudson)
NeoGeo CD ports
Saturn ports
PlayStation ports
Dreamcast ports
PlayStation 2 ports/emulated collections
Xbox ports
PSP emulated collections
Wii emulated collections
Wii Virtual Console (licensed to D4)
Project EGG (licensed to D4)
XBLA remasters
PSP/PS3 NeoGeo Station
Steam remasters/emulated collections
NeoGeo X (licensed to Tommo)
PS4/Vita remasters (produced by Sony Third Party Productions)
Arcade Archives NeoGeo (licensed to Hamster)

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know about you but I hardly see any screen tearing in my (hacked) portable unit. It is very obvious on tv through hdmi.
The most common issue among all the supported library is the sound and after that is particular problems with each "supported" game. Let's not forget too about the screen.... Widescren all purpose but bad choice for this particular system.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do this mini console shit SNK. Gimmie the real shit.

• 18 core Intel i9
  • SLI Nvidia Titan Vs
  • 1TB SSD game carts
  • $9,999.99

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy this with zero hesitation it its a 1 or 2 player bartop with good specs and open/moddable.

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People with NeoGeo X that still works.. Put them up for sales NOW. Morons are buying them for high prices

I don't think they are going to be worth much after this is announced..

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine it being anything to get me to give up my real hardware. But I am curious about the possibilities of a bartop arcade machine done well.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
If it's a bartop and under 200, take my fuckin money!

I will cry rainbow tears of happiness if this is actually a well-made product. I tried to get a Neo when I was in Japan and it was slim pickings and or hella expensive