• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
If it's a bartop and under 200, take my fuckin money!

I will cry rainbow tears of happiness if this is actually a well-made product. I tried to get a Neo when I was in Japan and it was slim pickings and or hella expensive

Bootleg bartops with Pandora Boxes are already more than $200 though...if it has a screen, might be really costly. But I hopeit's not.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mini arcade.

What I see behind the curtain:
fzsk99wim3qfqku.largexurjw.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-JAMMA-Arcade-Machine/

I'd buy something like this in a New York minute, but it seems like none of the game companies can produce a mini-console without screwing up something fundamental.

SNK mini will probably be an $80 piece of plastic was 40 poorly-emulated titles.

i20bot

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But I've already bought a ton of NeoGeo games on my Switch? Which is essentially now a NeoGeo mini, on the goes.

tonetizzley

Nov 1, 2017
Don't do this mini console shit SNK. Gimmie the real shit.

• 18 core Intel i9
  • SLI Nvidia Titan Vs
  • 1TB SSD game carts
  • $9,999.99

Ah, there it is- the true NEO GEO experience. It's more fun if it costs more.

I've always enjoyed their catalog but not sure I'd spring for another piece of hardware at this point in my life. Whatever is under that curtain would probably be nice to have, but would I imagine would be too much of a novelty to stick in my apartment.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
It would be nice if the inputs are placed on a detachable section with USB so you can use it on other systems without lugging the rest of it around. I doubt they'd go that far but it'd help justify the price, that you basically get a neat arcade stick, if it's something like $99 or more.Of course it needs to be really nicely done without looking like it's detachable when it's placed in the cabinet and the quality of the inputs needs to be good enough to be worth using on other systems. Obviously a good arcade stick can cost more but I'm not talking some super deluxe quality model, closer to the basic $50 QANBA models which are reportedly pretty decent for the price.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Looks good so far. Will buy it for the novelty of having a mini Arcade NeoGeo.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Everybody, keep in mind this is still a rumor. Personally, I tend not to trust outlets that say 'I don't know why, but for some reason my source decided to randomly send me this top secret info'.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Really don't like the color scheme. I didn't want a screen either. Especially 3.5 inches. Just wanted a mini version of the home console with original colors. The game list is pretty good though.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's kind of a SNK classic mini...with a screen...interesting.

Hopefully the emulation will be superior to their previous attempt at hardware.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Sad its not styled after a red mvs cabinet, but still looks neato. Im down for some usb neo pads too.

More info please.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why would you expect a replica of what Nintendo & Sega did? The NeoGeo is an arcade machine, it deserves a mini arcade.

Because there's a home console too?

It would be great if they released Mini versions of both though. I don't really care to play the games on such a non-portable small screen. Seriously, you need a table or something to play with it comfortably. If I buy it (will wait for reviews), then I'll be playing it on a TV with regular controllers. Now if they release a Neo Geo AES Mini with a joystick, that would be a lot more interesting to me (and probably not very expensive).

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you expect a replica of what Nintendo & Sega did? The NeoGeo is an arcade machine, it deserves a mini arcade.

Yes, SNK issued a C&D to the makers of that crap.

That was actually a common button layout for the NeoGeo arcade setup.

And they kept making it instead cause the C&D wasn't legal. It was a true fighting game legal style.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No SNK thread is complete without BadWolf! You rock.

Thanks! You too!

Is Badwolf a bad enough dude to play that KOF 98?

Teh classic.

Sad its not styled after a red mvs cabinet, but still looks neato. Im down for some usb neo pads too.

More info please.

First thing that came to mind upon seeing the vid was that they would be selling alternate color schemes.

And the guy did say that they had stickers (?) in there to customize the look, wonder if it can be customized to look like a red cab that way.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like this may be video of the system. Says its an exclusive reveal. Youtube link

neo.jpg

I have a bar-top cabinet much bigger than that toy-looking thing and it is already not very comfortable to play. I mean, where the hell do you rest your palm playing that stick? Also it looks too light to handle aggressive movement from the joy stick and could be easily sent flying off the table.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a bar-top cabinet much bigger than that toy-looking thing and it is already not very comfortable to play. I mean, where the hell do you rest your palm playing that stick? Also it looks too light to handle aggressive movement from the joy stick and could be easily sent flying off the table.

Palm? Table?

The thing is a handheld with a 3.5 inch screen.