• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(Haven't watched yet myself): Here's 52 Minutes of a Panel from Anime Expo where Ogura talks about the redesigns for SNK Heroines:

Thanks, watching now.

Guess Ogura being on Heroines means that a different artist is heading the main team's project?

Interesting to note that Ogura hasn't worked on any SamSho...

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017

A nearly 7 minute long sampler of the SNK Heroines Soundtrack. Luong's mix of "Belief" is so weird. But I like it! Sylvie's mix of Venator Ballare's Chiptune style is perfect for the pixel style the heroines project was originally teased under. I enjoy the fact that much of what this game's doing is pretty ridiculous. It doesn't necessarily have a place in a KOF, and SNK has had a hard time doing things detached from KOF and even Fighters, for years now. So this is a more varied push towards something else, at the very least.

-Still hasn't got around to the Heroines Panel-

Outwardly, they really seem to be putting some passion into this project, at least. This might not be the thing everyone wants, but they way they're handling things like promoting the sound, art, and personality of the product, is definitely something I want to see carried on in future works. I've been happy enough to buy books with Ogura artworks from anime cons... the idea of getting to meet him at one, and have him sign a personal sketch signature, isn't something I'd have imagined being on offer until recently.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK Hopes To Release Multiple Games Per Year

Also mentions that KOFXIV was very successful for them and SNK is really happy with how it performed.

Oda's interview with Heart of Gaming:

The answers were surprisingly non-bullshit.

Heroines:
-Heroines is designed primarily with the pad in mind
-No arcade stick support at launch, will be patched in later
-Arcade version planned

Last Blade 3:
- Says the story concluded with 2 and thinks it's best to leave it at that :(

Capcom vs SNK 3:
- No plans
- Can't see it happening

KOFXV
- Again confirms that it's definitely happening

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Honestly, I wonder if I'd even want a CvS3 at this point. Tekken's cross characters, Soul Caliburs, and the entirety of BBCTB all out-do the way CVS gelled it's disparate series together, IMHO. And the methods they once chose to do it (having each company make a game that combined the various cast in their own art and gameplay styles) is just overly-chaotic, now.

If anything, I think the NGPC versions are close to what a new one should be like. It's something that properly celebrates everything about the companies in 1 product. Not just their fighters, but also their character interactions and similarities, past game histories through minigames, and the fun "what if" nature that drives people to want to see these crossovers in the first place, all in a style that made everything fit together. Basically, the Smash Brothers of classic 2D Fighters.

I'd still love to see crossovers between the companies, and others. But I think it's better if we keep them on the scale of, say, Geese in Tekken, rather than a huge, multi-game commitment.

Getting a Samurai Shodown or Last Blade character in Soul Calibur VI, Mai + Another in DOA 6, Maxima and his fire and ice kids in BBCTB, Terry in SFV, Kyo in Smash, Hayate in FEXL, Orochi in UNI, etc.. Heck, putting a Metal Stug side mission into a COD or such would probably be the only way I ever buy one of them!

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a Samurai Shodown or Last Blade character in Soul Calibur VI, Mai + Another in DOA 6, Maxima and his fire and ice kids in BBCTB, Terry in SFV, Kyo in Smash, Hayate in FEXL, Orochi in UNI, etc.. Heck, putting a Metal Stug side mission into a COD or such would probably be the only way I ever buy one of them!

Don't want any of that tbh, they should just focus on themselves instead of giving out characters left and right to other companies.

Hmm, I wonder if we'll see non-fighting games from SNK being revived, like NEO TURF MASTERS!!

Those are the kind of games they could sell at 20-30 dollars + DLC courses. They have a lot of sport IPs and current releases of sport arcade games are rare.

Agreed, this would also go hand in hand with them wanting to release multiple new games per year again.

If they continue just making fighters then the games will be stepping on each other's toes.

Still holding out hope for that Art of Fighting reboot into action/beat em up.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But Sengoku was cheesy fun, and 3 was great!! Though I guess AoF would automatically have more market-value.

Yeah Sengoku 3 in particular is a fantastic beat em up but like you said, AOF has a much higher chance of success.

The series has been dead since AOF3 but its characters have very much lived on via KOF.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Don't want any of that tbh, they should just focus on themselves instead of giving out characters left and right to other companies.

It's not like guess appearances and stuff keep them from working on their focus.

It's the Tekken team that made Geese, and the DOA Team that made Mai. Beyond an advisor's role & Extra work for the Seiyuu, I'd say it's more about money and advertisement, and less about diminishing their worker. It'd serve the same purpose as KOF Destiny or the new manga, or the KOF Characters in Brave Frontier: letting other hands keep them in the public eye, while the main people focus on the main games.

If Oda and Co. want multiple games a year, we'll certainly see the SNK Logo and Jingle pop up more often. A few smart tie-ins isn't too much different, and it's less demanding on them time-wise.

Still holding out hope for that Art of Fighting reboot into action/beat em up.

KOF All-Star is totally looking like what I'd want out of a modern console SNK BEU / Dungeon Fighter online Hybrid, btw. It doesn't make any sense to see the likes of Rugal and Heavy D! beating up mooks in the streets, but it's cool from a purely video-game-stupidity type of way. And I'm sure there's an army of people that'd want to see the style of that game for KOF XV, more than what we have now.

It'd be cool to see games like it from internal studios for console. Phone / Tablet gaming is looking more and more like mid-tier console development...

Hmm, they could make Sengoku 4 for that genre I believe.

Oh, for the time when we start seeing them revive older series, or just make new console IPs. Much like the Pachislot ladies getting into XIV, having SNK make new series, and then have their protagonist appear in XV, would be pretty fitting. Heck, I wonder if they could go the other way too, and make a game based of Najd...

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Metal Slug was part of the tournament...

It's not like guess appearances and stuff keep them from working on their focus.

It's the Tekken team that made Geese, and the DOA Team that made Mai. Beyond an advisor's role & Extra work for the Seiyuu, I'd say it's more about money and advertisement, and less about diminishing their worker. It'd serve the same purpose as KOF Destiny or the new manga, or the KOF Characters in Brave Frontier: letting other hands keep them in the public eye, while the main people focus on the main games.

If Oda and Co. want multiple games a year, we'll certainly see the SNK Logo and Jingle pop up more often. A few smart tie-ins isn't too much different, and it's less demanding on them time-wise.

It's not so much about their resources as it is about having people look forward to SNK games to play SNK characters, instead of giving iconic characters like Terry to SFV or whatever.

KOF All-Star is totally looking like what I'd want out of a modern console SNK BEU / Dungeon Fighter online Hybrid, btw. It doesn't make any sense to see the likes of Rugal and Heavy D! beating up mooks in the streets, but it's cool from a purely video-game-stupidity type of way. And I'm sure there's an army of people that'd want to see the style of that game for KOF XV, more than what we have now.

It'd be cool to see games like it from internal studios for console. Phone / Tablet gaming is looking more and more like mid-tier console development...

KOF All Star is looking pretty good and seems to have a high chance at success.

Wish they would make a non-mobile version for consoles.

Oh, for the time when we start seeing them revive older series, or just make new console IPs. Much like the Pachislot ladies getting into XIV, having SNK make new series, and then have their protagonist appear in XV, would be pretty fitting. Heck, I wonder if they could go the other way too, and make a game based of Najd...

Tbh Heroines should have been the 16-bit RPG it was initially teased to be instead of another fighter.

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017

Metal Slug was part of the tournament...

Yeah, it's pretty nice to see how inclusive some of those things are. Rare proof that modern SNK is more than just about prompting fighters, lol.

It's not so much about their resources as it is about having people look forward to SNK games to play SNK characters, instead of giving iconic characters like Terry to SFV or whatever.

The 2 problems with that are:

1> They aren't really working fast enough to get to the other series. It's pretty nice if we consider the foreign Phone and Tablet games, sure, but for the rest of the world? They released XIV, and then it's ports and re-releases all over again. Between KoF XIV updates, they might as well be dead to the world all over again.

2> Because of said dripfeed, t's not like they'd be distracting people from any current works. If there was a new FF fighter where you'd get to play Terry, but he's also appearing in SFV, sure, that'd be a conflict of interest. But XIV has settled, Heroines is heading in another direction from the classics appeal wise, and there's nothing propping up any of SNK's non-fight pillars that we've seen. Almost anything they'd collaborate on would just be appetizers before they get to eventually make a main course.

You'll still always get the full SNK experience when playing one of their own games. But it's not like people get less hype for SFV when they see it crossing over with Power Ranger's Mobile, or Monster Hunter World, or less love for FFXIV because it's crossing over with MHW. There are just collaborative efforts that hope to expand the audiences, so that all sides can profit more.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting they do all of those at once! But some of them would be great. A SamSho character in Soul Calibur, as respect to the series being the birthplace of weapon based fighters, would be great. And I think most of us SamSho fans have been waiting long enough to see something new from the series, released on a console. A Character one year, a full new game reveal the next year, and we'll take all those "Oh man, that guy was awesome in SC! Can't wait to play the series he comes from!" new fans along for the ride, too.

KOF All Star is looking pretty good and seems to have a high chance at success.

Wish they would make a non-mobile version for consoles.

If that SamSho RPG and this All Star Action RPG (because everything is an RPG now) were also console releases. They really have gotten to explore some solid styles that seem to understand the lore of the old, while also providing a fun playground to service fans of all points of the series history.

Tbh Heroines should have been the 16-bit RPG it was initially teased to be instead of another fighter.

It definitely had that 8 bit Dragon Quest style look, fused with a bit of GBA / NGPC-ish cutscenes. And... yeah, it would have been nice to see something like that. Especially with Crystalis appearing on SNK 40th. Heck, could you imagine if one of the still-to-be-revealed games on that collection is a throwback Nariyuki Quest mini-game? That'd be fantastic.

I'll just continue to wish SNK would get stuck in the same phases Capcom, and to a much lesser extent, Konami, got sucked into during the XBLA / Wii Shop channel days. Konami's "Rebirth" series were great throwbacks (My Brother and I played through surprise Contra as a Christmas Gift / Celebration, felt great), yet fully new games. Stuff like Capcom's Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando III and Bionic Commando Rearmed had my attention as much, if not more, than any large releases at the time.

And now-a-days, those are also the kind of products that could exist on EVERYTHING. Mobile, Switch, PS4, Xbox 1, Steam, etc. Why not have a line of products that could serve all the fans that keep buying stuff across so many spread platforms? Come to think of it, Cross Platform play is also a way to grow a solid, linked community. They don't really have any products currently under their control, that could benefit. But I sure they could come up with something...

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The 2 problems with that are:

1> They aren't really working fast enough to get to the other series. It's pretty nice if we consider the foreign Phone and Tablet games, sure, but for the rest of the world? They released XIV, and then it's ports and re-releases all over again. Between KoF XIV updates, they might as well be dead to the world all over again.

2> Because of said dripfeed, t's not like they'd be distracting people from any current works. If there was a new FF fighter where you'd get to play Terry, but he's also appearing in SFV, sure, that'd be a conflict of interest. But XIV has settled, Heroines is heading in another direction from the classics appeal wise, and there's nothing propping up any of SNK's non-fight pillars that we've seen. Almost anything they'd collaborate on would just be appetizers before they get to eventually make a main course.

You'll still always get the full SNK experience when playing one of their own games. But it's not like people get less hype for SFV when they see it crossing over with Power Ranger's Mobile, or Monster Hunter World, or less love for FFXIV because it's crossing over with MHW. There are just collaborative efforts that hope to expand the audiences, so that all sides can profit more.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting they do all of those at once! But some of them would be great. A SamSho character in Soul Calibur, as respect to the series being the birthplace of weapon based fighters, would be great. And I think most of us SamSho fans have been waiting long enough to see something new from the series, released on a console. A Character one year, a full new game reveal the next year, and we'll take all those "Oh man, that guy was awesome in SC! Can't wait to play the series he comes from!" new fans along for the ride, too.

Common man, SNK was pretty much starting from zero with XIV. No console team, no tools, nothing. Of course it would take some time for them to get their groove. Heck look at how long it took Capcom to finally get their mojo back despite making 3D AAA games for years.

It sucks that we have to wait but it is what it is. Stuff like this doesn't grow in a day.

That being said though they have done quite a bit since their "rebirth" overall with everything from successful new mobile games to animated series and comics. Their profits are way up too.

But yeah, giving away characters like that is not a good idea imo. I honestly don't see giving Terry to SFV or someone from SamSho to Soul Caliber benefiting MOTW2's or SamSho7's sales. It's a nice surprise factor for fans but that's about it.

I'll just continue to wish SNK would get stuck in the same phases Capcom, and to a much lesser extent, Konami, got sucked into during the XBLA / Wii Shop channel days. Konami's "Rebirth" series were great throwbacks (My Brother and I played through surprise Contra as a Christmas Gift / Celebration, felt great), yet fully new games. Stuff like Capcom's Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando III and Bionic Commando Rearmed had my attention as much, if not more, than any large releases at the time.

And now-a-days, those are also the kind of products that could exist on EVERYTHING. Mobile, Switch, PS4, Xbox 1, Steam, etc. Why not have a line of products that could serve all the fans that keep buying stuff across so many spread platforms? Come to think of it, Cross Platform play is also a way to grow a solid, linked community. They don't really have any products currently under their control, that could benefit. But I sure they could come up with something...

Agreed, there is an opportunity here for sure that SNK could make good on considering the IPs and characters they have. There is so much potential in XIV's cast alone for making 'smaller' games, with everything from beat em ups and action games to RPGs and rhythm games.

Dev time would be shorter too and would allow them to experiment a lot. After all, it's these smaller/arcade games that they have always been known for and still sell plenty today despite being so old.

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017

The World version of the previous JP only "Features" trailer came from NISA yesterday. It does a decent job describing the systems, and letting Sandel be a creep.

Oooo, solid. I guess this is the 3rd stage of the Artbook (since steam edition had more than the print edition that came with the PS4 release). I'll have to get that at some point!

Common man, SNK was pretty much starting from zero with XIV. No console team, no tools, nothing. Of course it would take some time for them to get their groove. Heck look at how long it took Capcom to finally get their mojo back despite making 3D AAA games for years.

It sucks that we have to wait but it is what it is. Stuff like this doesn't grow in a day.

Well, yeah, but that's why you use others to help you in times of need. Not like they don't understand this. One of the first things they did was set up a brand licensing arm when XIV was premiering, right? They have so many Asia-first mobile games that they're almost starting to compete with each other, even. So why not put some more of those chips in the same room as your console fans?

It's nice how crossovers and such can motivate people to either return to, or try new titles. The VF characters in DOA 5, Ryu appearing in Power Rangers, UNI in CTB... Every single one of those situations has led to new conversations and fans gaining interests in something they often didn't know existed. I myself finally started watching some RWBY because of seeing them in CTB, and started buying Ironman comics again when MFF put me in the know of the story of Riri Williams. Friends I haven't talked SF with in years will mention it because of the Power Rangers crossover. Almost every time I play a casual with someone at a con on an old SNK game is started with a "Hey, I recognize that dude from ____!"

If we're likely never getting a CVS again, why not go for the next best thing?

That being said though they have done quite a bit since their "rebirth" overall with everything from successful new mobile games to animated series and comics. Their profits are way up too.

But yeah, giving away characters like that is not a good idea imo. I honestly don't see giving Terry to SFV or someone from SamSho to Soul Caliber benefiting MOTW2's or SamSho7's sales. It's a nice surprise factor for fans but that's about it.

They have done well, yeah. But it's business, so more can always be done. I definitely get a feel that it's not SNK's overall quality that holds them back, but just the fact there so much more of everything else. If a person plays 10 games in a day, and 6 of those recall Capcom, Ubisoft, or EA thoughts, but 1 of those every few days makes you say "oh yeah, and SNK!" then it's just such a loss of mindshare and attention.

Not just on the fan and consumer sides, but I wouldn't be surprised if Megaman in Smash had a lot to do with the Megaman 11 we're getting now. Much like how Whitehead's Sonic CD Remake had a lot of sway towards getting Sonic Mania made. Projects prove things to creative teams, investors, artist, and decision makers. So much of the current SNK conversation stops at basically wondering if they deserve to be a part of modern releases. The more one can remind people that they're relevant, and have just as much worth and value in a 2018 game as a 2016, 2002, or 1998 game, the better.

Agreed, there is an opportunity here for sure that SNK could make good on considering the IPs and characters they have. There is so much potential in XIV's cast alone for making 'smaller' games, with everything from beat em ups and action games to RPGs and rhythm games.

Dev time would be shorter too and would allow them to experiment a lot. After all, it's these smaller/arcade games that they have always been known for and still sell plenty today despite being so old.

Continuing the "Modern" part, it's quite nice that we have so many indies and game features that help make a certain age of retro, modern again, too.

Visual Novels are bigger with the rest of the world than they've ever been, something like Hollow Knight can reach the heights where it's a contender for best Metroidvania, adding Sim or Survival elements to simple games can have people playing them for ages, and communities can he shared on the same game across mobile, or other platforms. I think I'll wonder every day why Athena doesn't have her own Idol singing / rhythm game yet. There's an army of neglected genres out there that could use a classic SNK style touch. I really hope this 40th anniversary collection + the release of so many pre-Neo games is a signal to say "we know we can make games like these, and more, too!"

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
STW169B.jpg

After 8 or so years I had the desire to finally take this home, it sat in my parents attic for far too long. Ordered a scart -> HDMI converter and was ready to go until... the fucking converter has no RGB support (the machine worked on my parents older TV). Sent it back and ordered a more expensive one that should work.

Sold half of my collection this weekend. Games I never played anymore or didn't really like (SamSho 3, World Heroes 2, Ninja Commando, AoF to name a few) and some KOF games (never really into KOF), 99 and 2k. I made a good buck on them, bought most of them for a bargain when these games and exchange rates hit bottom low early 2k's. My Garou US cart CIB was my most expensive one which set me back for like 200-300 bucks lol. I don't even dare to look it up now.

Anyway, I still have FF Special, FF3, Soccer Brawl, Shodown 1, 2 and 4, Burning Fight, Sidekicks 2 and more... I have more sentiments with the older Neo games, which I always played in the arcade. I looked for some oldies that used to be cheap, well, lol. Cyber Lip goes for 300+ these days lmao. Never mind going back to collecting lol, perhaps an MVS converter one day.

Any others with AES systems still kickin'?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

I'm horribly late getting into AES but I just recently got one. It was a bit of a guilty pleasure but i'm mostly keeping to the $100 or less titles which thankfully there are still a handful of them. I agree with having a sentiment with older titles because for me those were the ones I use to play in arcades a lot. I do have a Neo CD which I mostly focus on non fighters as their prices are reasonable on the CD and the load times are a non issue.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
IMO, I hope that SNK finds a way to use those improved character models from KOF All-Star & translate them in KOF XV for the returning cast.

They look better, especially Andy.

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
IMO, I hope that SNK finds a way to use those improved character models from KOF All-Star & translate them in KOF XV for the returning cast.

It's Netmarble's development, so it's not like they're improved SNK models. They're the developers.

They definitely did a nice job with them (especially considering the huge cast they had to work with, and on mobile gaming power), but I feel like a few of them come off looking a bit too stout, like Krauser and Heidern. Yuri looks pretty great though. Heavy D! and Lucky look solid, though I think D looks a bit TOO soft in some ways. Chris and Yashiro look pretty good. Leona looks just a bit off to me, but she makes up for it with the variety of actions shown in much of the art, and the fact they added some nice unique / secondary animation to many of her moves.

I do wonder about all this voice work they have here, too. Does this mean we have an army of Orochi Saga revivals that have an easier shoe-in to the next mainline game, now? Shermie's already in Heroines, too.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's Netmarble's development, so it's not like they're improved SNK models. They're the developers.

They definitely did a nice job with them (especially considering the huge cast they had to work with, and on mobile gaming power), but I feel like a few of them come off looking a bit too stout, like Krauser and Heidern. Yuri looks pretty great though. Heavy D! and Lucky look solid, though I think D looks a bit TOO soft in some ways. Chris and Yashiro look pretty good. Leona looks just a bit off to me, but she makes up for it with the variety of actions shown in much of the art, and the fact they added some nice unique / secondary animation to many of her moves.

I do wonder about all this voice work they have here, too. Does this mean we have an army of Orochi Saga revivals that have an easier shoe-in to the next mainline game, now? Shermie's already in Heroines, too.

Generally speaking yeah it does feel like people would be a lot happier with these visuals compared XIV.

Both the models and animation feel a lot more classic SNK. And even the cast is huge so they nailed it on all accounts. Heck even their CG trailer feels visually better than Destiny.

Man it sure will be hard to defend XV (or SamSho7) if the visuals see just a Heroines like upgrade, people are really going to go in on them -_-

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
It's all a lot more "Modern" to me, actually. Heidern's "Heidern End" looks like Kakashi's Lightning Blade, more than the retro-style SNK has for timing and impact frames, even in 3D. The color spectrum and shading style looks more like the Real Bout series than KOF, save for 2003 / XI, which began adapting more current anime-like proportions, archetypes, and animation techniques. They're much less about letting things settle, and more about always having some kind of motion going on.

Netmarble and Co. are definitely more used to doing this stuff than SNK, but they also are definitely pulling out all the stops for AllStars. The CG trailer looks better than what they do for Marvel Future Fight too, and this game actually has voices per character, where as MFF just has occasional screams and shouts.

I don't think these characters have the fidelity or complexity of Fighting game characters, but they're quite well done for the kind of things we should see in a modern 2.5D Metal Slug, or a variety of other Genres. Mobile companies sure are good at making somewhat non-offensive looks that can possibly attract a wide audience. Let's hope it works out for them!

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Yep!

I have all the low hanging fruit and a handful of the more expensive games. Baseball Stars 2 is still the best baseball game ever made. I also have a Neo CD unit with Viewpoint and FF3.

I love that there are lots of options for playing Neo games in 2018, but for my money, the best way is still on the original hardware. You can't duplicate the feel and the instant control sensation that the original hardware provides on a CRT. It just feels so much more immediate and pure. I will never give it up.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I feel I enjoy SS2 etc much more on the AES itself. I did have to buy a SCART converter, but its set at 720p/60hz RGB and I have to say the picture looks surprisingly well on my 55 inch KS9000. I did set it to 4:3, obviously. There isn't noticable input lag either. But CRT is supreme.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice article:

SNK Developers Talk About How Some Of The Classic Arcade Games Were Made

Famitsu: By the way, did the staff do character voices?

Asanaka: "The KOF series had voice actors from the very start."

Abe: "For the Fatal Fury series, the first game had voices done by staff, while starting from 2, we had an Osaka drama troupe do it instead."

Asanaka: "Why starting from 2?"

Abe: "We were told off by the president of the company for doing the voices for Fatal Fury."

Famitsu: However, Rock and Terry in Garou: Mark of the Wolves were more of the cool sort of character.

Kuroki: "That's because the dev team talked about it at the start of development. Things like how our character design senses were outdated. (laughs) Looking back at the Fatal Fury series, it's nothing but old men with mustaches and other macho characters. We thought, "this is a bad trend"."

"Garou: Mark of the Wolves ended up cutting down on that element, and adding a bit more of what the markets wanted."

Famitsu: Garou: MOTW ends with something of a cliffhanger, so was what was next in the story for Garou 2 thought up of already?

Kuroki: "I've been asked this a lot, but I don't know the story of that game. I think none of us did."

Abe: "Huh? I read the scenario for 2."

Everyone: "What?!"

Abe: "I'm pretty sure it was written up to the ending."

Famitsu: So it was already in development?

Abe: "I believe the characters were done, including new characters."

KurokiL "I remember coming up with new moves for Rock and B. Jenet."

"However, old SNK was dissolved during development, so unfortunately it's all been archived. Yasuyuki Oda keeps saying that he'll make it, so if fans speak up, continued development on Garou 2 might become a reality."

...the pain.

Is the final character going to be like SNK Gals Fighters, with a man pretending to be a woman?

The adventures of My Terry Can't Be This Cute incoming.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is anyone playing kof all stars?
When is the worldwide release i want bust some heads woth my boi rugal

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017

Do you agree? Is Najd that much of an issue for the game?
It's Mr. Karate / Ex. Iori all over again but this time I don't think it's SNK's fault. People complained A LOT about the first DLCs not being god tier and now they are complaining that the new ones are, they just don't know what they want. SNK should just stop supporting the game and focus on the new ones that they're probably working.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I'm actually quite happy an original, late addition ended up being quite strong. People really have learned how to use her buttons and positioning quite well, to keep her safe-ish while charging. I'd rather watch her than Vegeta-assist army any day, haha. It's still not "DAHHHHH!" *weak Jab* "DAHHHHHHH!" EX Shoulder like Raiden, hah. (R.I.P. Daisuke Gori...)

If not her, we'd possibly see the same happen with Heidern. I'm really quite surprised that Oswald hasn't turned up more popular, too, as his mixups seem like they should lead to quick deaths and demanding victories.

It's amazing how a few really good moves can make people whine about this game being ruined by one character. Nakoruru, Robert, MuiMui's far D, Iori, Najd... There's been a lot of strong, demanding, attention-grabbing stuff in this game. But once it's shifted, people almost seem to completely drop the characters. I've been seeing Tung Fu Rue stun combos posted on Twitter over the past few days... The game really makes me feel like there's more potential counters and equally strong stuff still around, people just attach to the easiest and most presented, and run with it.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK should just stop supporting the game and focus on the new ones that they're probably working.

Agreed, they have done an excellent job supporting the game for the two years that it has been out and overall the cast and balance is in a good place considering the game's gigantic roster.

Here's hoping they announce their next main game and get the hype rolling for that soon, hopefully this year.

I'm actually quite happy an original, late addition ended up being quite strong.

It's a great way to make a brand new character stick for sure.

The second wave of DLC being stronger was a good call. It's pretty damn tragic when a long time heavily requested character like Vanessa ends up (literally) bottom tier and goes near completely unused.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They know exactly what we want them to do with Ryo and still aren't pulling the damn trigger on it.

EDIT: Hype tournament this weekend in Taiwan. Two Kim anchors in grand finals and Vice doing a ton of work.

Looks like Xiaohai's days of dominating XIV are over, he took 7th place along with KouKou.

Laggia's Kim was super on point:

Last edited: