• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Amedo310

Nov 15, 2017
The SNK Heroines Terry and Nakoruru clip was pretty good. It was more lively than all the scenes of their maximum impact games. Even if I can't digest the game's gameplay, I greatly appreciate their efforts in bringing more life to it.

It's a vast improvement over the in-game arcade conversations in kofxiv. I'm just wishful thinking at the moment, but I hope they can this same level of work in their future games.

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know if I found that scene THAT much better than XIV's mini-cinematics, but I definitely appreciate that this is a thing that can be done in-engine with customizable characters. With Soul Calibur's Libra of Souls mode stepping up to the plate too, I really hope we're at a point where JP devs will do more in-engine, fairly well animated cinematics again. Soul Calibur and Edge still have some of my favorite in-game cinematics stuff, since doing things in-engine made it easy to have alternate paths for the endings, allow custom character models to take place in the cinematics, and present the story with any characters. It's a lot easier to swap models on compatible motion data, than to re-draw sprites for every unique interaction, y'know?

And while Terry had a bit of a time checking out his new accessories, I could easily imagine that same kind of scene being much more exaggerated in... almost anything that comes out of JP works now-a-days. No Zoom-Ins, no "Bon...bon... BONNNNN!', or excessive sound effects. It'll be interesting to see how deep they go with these kind of moments.​

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In more Najd news, she was causing havoc yesterday at the Neogeo World Tour finals (awesome freaking matches, the top 4 is tonight).

Even Bala is chiming in :

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
u1GHd_KQufSlmCcnpAndDS0LjlNk41G4vr4uPJ1S1szH7lP_Kr3tLWRdsORpAQuX59JSILneTVmF6n5ctOM1ZY9_2IXUhU6sS1KVnW9q08PinUPx4HgFju6gZ41AMfgpgmT2CrXDUg=w2400

Yay, now to wait out on a good price for Fatal Fury 1 (keeps going for 6k-7k yen on yahoo auction).

I hope to spend some time with AoF 1&2 soon, I never really played them in the past (more just shamso 1-3 back in the arcades).

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, now to wait out on a good price for Fatal Fury 1 (keeps going for 6k-7k yen on yahoo auction).

I hope to spend some time with AoF 1&2 soon, I never really played them in the past (more just shamso 1-3 back in the arcades).

Awesome pick up!

The AOF games are easily some of the most forward thinking and innovative fighters.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Ahhh, my least favorite thing to "leak" in an unreleased fighter! LoL. No need to see any more spoilers personally. Nice to see most of the cinematic vides are like... a minute long, though.

As is slowly becoming an SNK 3D game standby, I still like how much the character talk to each other post-match, especially since it's with voiced dialogue. It'll be interesting to see how much Shermie acts as if she's a part of what's currently going on, or if people are surprised to see her back again. I guess this game is kinda like a canon dream match.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not looking for things about the game anymore because of spoilers so the last thing I'll see is the SNK panel at PAX tomorrow. They will probably talk about the new character.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems Heroines got a score of 7/8/8/8 (31/40) from Famitsu (Switch version).

Same exact score as KOFXIV.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Oda-San Interview featuring Oda-San at Gamegrin-san.

A little talking on Heroines, Samurai Shodown, Kamen Rider, Assassin's Creed, and Gundam! I swear it all makes some sense in the end.

The SNK Panel at Pax should be at 12pm PST / 3pm EST. About 3 and a half hours from now. It's a NISA / SNK Combo panel, and SRK has inferred that Heroines characters or something might show up there. It'll be streamed on Twitch, but don't know where (haven't seen a specific link).

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A little talking on Heroines, Samurai Shodown, Kamen Rider, Assassin's Creed, and Gundam! I swear it all makes some sense in the end.

The SNK Panel at Pax should be at 12pm PST / 3pm EST. About 3 and a half hours from now. It's a NISA / SNK Combo panel, and SRK has inferred that Heroines characters or something might show up there. It'll be streamed on Twitch, but don't know where (haven't seen a specific link).

Between hints being dropped here and there and the silence of Neo_g it feels like they are working on something 'big'.

And thanks for the heads up about the stream, will tune in.

EDIT: Looks like it will stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/pax3

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I really hope so. The major reason why I watch any recent Sony press conferences, lol. "Where's the SNK NEWS?!?!"

And the NISA & SNK Retro to Now Panel is starting shortly, direct link here:

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool new feature for the retro Switch collection. Not only can you watch a pre-recorded (tool assisted) run of any game but you can pause during any moment and jump in and play. They said it might be an industry first.

Also, a silhouette tease for a new Heroine. Another crossover so could be hard to call.

EwYxwhk.jpg

I really hope so. The major reason why I watch any recent Sony press conferences, lol. "Where's the SNK NEWS?!?!"

*bro fist*

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I wish than NISA gave you the option to call Guerrilla War GUEVARA

Vivan los héroes de la revolución

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool new feature for the retro Switch collection. Not only can you watch a pre-recorded (tool assisted) run of any game but you can pause during any moment and jump in and play. They said it might be an industry first.

Also, a silhouette tease for a new Heroine. Another crossover so could be hard to call.

EwYxwhk.jpg

*bro fist*
This thing has me stumped. It looks like someone with long hair pulled back in a tail or something. The pose doesn't ring any bells. I also dont know Million Arthur cast if its tied to that series of goodwill stuff they're doing with Squenix/Examu. At a total loss here.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK Heroines is out tomorrow in Japan, BTW- Have the J-version pre-ordered on the eShop and its downloading now. Should be playable by 12 PM EST. This version has English, but is not the same as the American version (some games list as being purchased on multiple eShops, but not this game), so I likely will just double-dip and keep my physical pre-order, then switch to the American version once its out.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the changes are or if it is just behind the scenes stuff.

Maybe the NA/ROW release just doesn't have a Japanese option.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the changes are or if it is just behind the scenes stuff.

Maybe the NA/ROW release just doesn't have a Japanese option.

In this case, it appears the difference between the two versions is that the Japanese one has Chinese language options available whereas the American version does not. Content-wise, I highly doubt anything will be different.

Oh well. I'm off from work this week and will appreciate having the J-version to mess around with to help with boredom!

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Good choice in picking Agito as his favorite season of Kamen Rider.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who is going to create the OT for SNK Heroines? I want to see the title as Am I OK?

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing SNK Heroines on Switch.

Uh...is this running at 30 FPS? Uh-oh.

EDIT 1: I am not liking the way this game runs on Switch. Something seems "off" and kind of jarring.

EDIT 2: Just tried to go online and got prompted to download a patch-- maybe that will help with performance.

EDIT 3: Yes! It runs smoother now! Still hard to tell if it's 30 FPS (there's definitely a huge framerate hit when doing supers) but it at least seems to feel much more playable now. That said, I have a feeling that this is going to play much better on PS4.

Last edited:

Amedo310

Nov 15, 2017
Terry Bogard 1/4 statue by kinetiquettes is up for preorder. https://www.kinetiquettes.com/product/terry-bogard-1-4-scale-diorama/

Review of the statue:

The rest of the characters they will be doing for the KOF line-up in order: Mai, Geese, Kyo, and Iori. All 1/4 statues.

They were going to go more in detail in how they worked with SNK during Mai's release. It seems to be a lot of small discussions went on about the making of Mai to insured she was made to SNK's expectation.

Gantaku teased a diorama of Ukyo recently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terry Bogard 1/4 statue by kinetiquettes is up for preorder. https://www.kinetiquettes.com/product/terry-bogard-1-4-scale-diorama/

Review of the statue:

The rest of the characters they will be doing for the KOF line-up in order: Mai, Geese, Kyo, and Iori. All 1/4 statues.

They were going to go more in detail in how they worked with SNK during Mai's release. It seems to be a lot of small discussions went on about the making of Mai to insured she was made to SNK's expectation.

Gantaku teased a diorama of Ukyo recently.

Looks freaking amazing.

Way bigger and better than expected.

That price though, will be well over $1K Canadian with the shipping.

(shipping to Canada is $375 USD lol)

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Have we heard any news at all about a US release date for the Neo Geo Mini? I imagine I'd have seen it on the boards here if it was announced, but I thought I'd ask just to see.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, a local store confirmed the reléase of the Neo Geo Mini in my country and to my surprise, is priced the same tan the SNES mini, so I think that I'm going to buy it, I Heard that the stick easily break, is this true?

Also, can you run this kind of animated wallpapers on Windows 10?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
41539655_2334657799919005_1882990576840736768_n.jpg

Wow, they are selling this in the SNK TGS booth how could I get one of those? Also, anyone remembers a japanese sites that was selling t-shirts this year? it has some sick designs like a bloody haohmaru and all the top view shooters from the 80's like ikari and guevara

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
41539655_2334657799919005_1882990576840736768_n.jpg

Wow, they are selling this in the SNK TGS booth how could I get one of those? Also, anyone remembers a japanese sites that was selling t-shirts this year? it has some sick designs like a bloody haohmaru and all the top view shooters from the 80's like ikari and guevara

That's hard chocolate, they make some great graphic tshirts. I still want one but I don't wanna pay 30 plus for a shirt.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, a local store confirmed the reléase of the Neo Geo Mini in my country and to my surprise, is priced the same tan the SNES mini, so I think that I'm going to buy it, I Heard that the stick easily break, is this true?

Also, can you run this kind of animated wallpapers on Windows 10?

Yeah just use an downloadable tool called video wallpaper. Its what I did when I first got my pc.

HotPhase

Registered an alt account
Sep 19, 2018
I hope that SNK switches to Unreal Engine 4 for KOF XV like they're doing now with Samurai Spirits, instead of using their own engine from XIV. That should at least get rid of those annoying "Looks like a PS2 game!" complaints/memes.

Most fighters this gen have been using it, even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now using it.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that SNK switches to Unreal Engine 4 for KOF XV like they're doing now with Samurai Spirits, instead of using their own engine from XIV. That should at least get rid of those annoying "Looks like a PS2 game!" complaints/memes.

Most fighters this gen have been using it, even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now using it.

I'd say that's a given at this point.

The problem with XIV was that they were already deep into development when UE4 became an option so switching engines would have resulted in having to re-do a lot of work while also having to learn a new engine. So they just continued on with their engine.

At this point I'm expecting KOFXV to be a looker, since it will most likely use UE4 and will be made after all the experience the team gains with the new SamSho.

Excitemike

Dec 20, 2017
This popped up as a YT recommendation, and wow, what an algorithm. This guy was also dissatisfied with the Gamepad on the NeoGeo mini so he wired the inputs from a Hori AES stick to the leads on the mini's circuit board. You could probably fit the whole motherboard into the fight stick with the HDMI port flush to one side.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The reviews are not vry good for the mini, besides the terrible stick/pad, says that the HDMI output is terrible

Can anyone here gave their impressions?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Somehow the release of the Mini completely passed me by. I am still kinda interested purely for the novelty of it as a big SNK fan.

Also I feel kinda guilty saying so but I finally got SNK Heroines today and I'm looking forward to trying it. It looks like dumb fun to me.