• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Neowave's artwork isn't even from the PI guy, it just looks similar.
I do like the fact that Neowave allows for KoF with Just Defend instead or rolls - maybe it's not competitively robust, but I like having the option.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Neowave's artwork isn't even from the PI guy, it just looks similar.
I do like the fact that Neowave allows for KoF with Just Defend instead or rolls - maybe it's not competitively robust, but I like having the option.

Really? well, the only info seems to come from wikipedia, and the artist mentioned only has credited neowave and matrimelee, so maybe it was just a random guy that never appeared again. Who was the main artist of Power Instinct? I can't find info online.

Another funny thing of neowave, is that one song stole a sample from a dead or alive game

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone has the contact of someone from Nis America or Digital Eclipse?

I want to ask them if there is any chance to see a patch that includes TATE Mode for SNK 40TH anniversary when the Switch is in docked mode

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some observations from tournaments/matches after the balance patch:

-Blue Mary might be a high tier now? ET, Xiaohai and others have her on their team now (Japanese players too).
-Alice and Billy also seem to be making a mark?
-Shun'ei isn't being used nearly as much but various players who mained him previously still do it now (like M'), so he wasn't nerfed into uselessness
-Heidern still gets used too
-A lot of players seem to have dropped Najd like a rock
-Both Robert and Beni seem to be making a comeback, both Xiaohai and M' are using them again.
-ZJZ was using Zarina on his team to great success.
-A lot of Leona being used

Oh and it feels like Xiaohai's domination in XIV is pretty much over at this point, he gets beaten regularly by ZJZ/ET and Japanese players.

The new player that seems to be on a hot streak is Laggia from Japan.

EvoJapan should be super interesting.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Noticed Eiji Shiroi did some SamSho pieces last year. Is it her or Senri Kita that went back to SNK proper?

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
hey so I had a little spare time today and decided to do a rough recording of Esaka Returns. I would like to get into the habit of doing covers for fun again. Here ya go. I learned this by ear, and pardon all the reverb.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
New KOF ANB chapters leaked with some surprising stuff regarding Angel, of all people.

NESTS is still active, is hunting down their traitors. (K' team/Angel/Sylvie.). Angel is having visions of Igniz every now and then.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed Eiji Shiroi did some SamSho pieces last year. Is it her or Senri Kita that went back to SNK proper?

Iirc Eiji Shiroi opened an English facebook page out of nowhere about a year or so ago and started posting her SamSho art.

That's about it I think, we haven't seen any confirmation of her or Senri Kita being back at SNK or working on the new SamSho.

hey so I had a little spare time today and decided to do a rough recording of Esaka Returns. I would like to get into the habit of doing covers for fun again. Here ya go. I learned this by ear, and pardon all the reverb.

Whoa, that is seriously great man.

Would love to hear more.

New KOF ANB chapters leaked with some surprising stuff regarding Angel, of all people.

Gonna resist the spoiler and wait for KOFworld to translate the chapter proper. Can't wait!

Those who haven't read the manga yet should definitely check it out, it's very solid. The characters are on point and the art is fantastic.

The biggest bummer for Angel as a character is that K9999 was taken out of the equation imo. K'/Kula would have benefited too story wise if he was still around.

I need samsho 2019 news oe trailers already

Maybe at EvoJapan?

We know there is a new trailer which has only been shown to the press so far (and reveals Charlotte). They were very impressed with what they saw apparently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am personally a huge fan of the new Ikari remix in KOFXIV....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUsk48v9bU0

^^

how have I never heard this before haha. Really cool edition, the nostalgia is real. Challenge accepted! I don't have a double kick but I think I can make it happen.

Love that remix, excellent choice!

My personal fave Ikari theme is probably WW3 from KOF99.

The first time I heard it was also the first time I played on KOF99's rain stage. Epic.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
since we've gone true old school SNK, any love for Iron Tank? I played the hell out of this game as a kid and I would totally cover the main theme.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows the conditions to unlock the boss characters in the arcade version of KOF XI? A local center has one cabinet but so far no one has unlocked them to be playable. I know the conditions to fight them in the 4th stage but nothing more

And since we are talking about pre neo geo SNK, I'm convinced that this must SNK best theme from that era. Crystalis is a great game, sucks that SNK never went further with RPG's after this.

To my surprise, the director of this game worked on both the SamSho RPG and the Neo Geo Pocket version of Sonic the Hedgehog, is weird to see someone that is only listed in console games, but well

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
since we've gone true old school SNK, any love for Iron Tank? I played the hell out of this game as a kid and I would totally cover the main theme.

How are the console conversations compared to the arcade?

Anyone knows the conditions to unlock the boss characters in the arcade version of KOF XI? A local center has one cabinet but so far no one has unlocked them to be playable. I know the conditions to fight them in the 4th stage but nothing more
According to gamefaqs, to have them all unlocked the game must have a total time of 1200 hours. Reminds me of a similar thing with sfa3. See if u can change up the ingame clock.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
How are the console conversations compared to the arcade?
have only had the pleasure of playing the NES version, but it is a damn fine game in my estimation. From a quick comparison it seems to capture the spirit of the original arcade version pretty well. The music and sound design overall is much better, I think.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks for the feedback
The game is in the snk classics collection for swirch and ps4 right?

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
just had a look at the official site and yes both TNK III and Iron Tank are included. Dang I almost forgot about this collection! Definitely getting the PS4 version.

Oct 29, 2017
Welp.

The third match in the XIV manga is Team Mexico vs Team Ikari,Team Mexico knows how to make an entrance tho.

And it will take a while to get used to see kids cheering for Angel

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
KOF XIII on XB1 via backcompat.

I love BackCompat. The idea of having you collection follow you onto the next gen of consoles is SO nice. I look at my PS2-locked SNK games and just kinda groan. I look at my 360 ones and nearly (if not) all of them run on XB1.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is interesting, don't think Giby is known to mess around:

I'm still disappointed that KOF Destiny got delayed.

Has it even been greenlit? Last we heard the team who created it said that SNK hadn't contacted them to create Season 2.

Such a shame too, the show is excellent.

Is this main neo-geo thread over here?

I notice videos of that latest NGDEVTEAM game now (not 1CC, just walkthroughs)

Kinda cool but at the same time so similar to you know what that you gotta wonder what's the point.

But yeah, this is the main SNK thread.

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017

Well, there are no new metal slug games since Nintendo DS era, and they attempted to add elements from Contra (regarding how weapon work) and Hotline Miami (?) (those masks which you pick up to change what your character does)

But most people will just stick to MS, yeah

Nice pixelart and music though

And yeah, their focus on "we just produce 500 copies for 500$ for collectors" is argh

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there are no new metal slug games since Nintendo DS era, and they attempted to add elements from Contra (regarding how weapon work) and Hotline Miami (?) (those masks which you pick up to change what your character does)

But most people will just stick to MS, yeah

Nice pixelart and music though

And yeah, their focus on "we just produce 500 copies for 500$ for collectors" is argh

Good points, it wouldn't be a bad option if someone was looking for a classic MS fix.

I do think we'll get a new MS though, doubt that Oda would be asking for reboot feedback from fans if they didn't have something planned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing top 8, hype up the wazoo.

Japan finally wins KOF at Evo for the first time ever (took them 7 years). Super rock solid performance by M'.

Still, I think the player with the most impressive run was ET. Holy shit at that Oswald. And that Choi. Comeback after comeback. Almost single handedly took out the Japanese army in top 8.

ggs all around. M' is a beast. But nothing happened!

If they have something it will be shown during finals day I think (during that block of time Evo has for announcements). That would give max exposure.

EDIT:

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish than SNK announced an port of KOF XI for PS4/STEAM/Switch.

I feel that this game could make them some decent money, at least more than other releases that they have done lately, unless the only thing that is stopping them is the fact that Atomiswave emulation isn't as developed as the neo geo one

Dec 13, 2018
Anyone have any thoughts on an Issue my uncle is having with his neo geo CDZ? All of a sudden he's been getting weird artifacts in the video. I have more pictures, but I figure the below is fine.

He's verified the issue by trying it on multiple tv's and with different games
He replaced the laser lens
And he checked for short circuits

I'd really like to help him out.

039.jpg
8xlmc0.jpg

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed the translations for these take forever, and I wanted to try doing them, so I did 13.2 & 14.1 for the manga. Hope they're acceptable.

https://imgur.com/a/t5IS1tO

https://imgur.com/a/sWN4TlM

Damn, thank you so much!

The translations do take a while from KOFworld so this is excellent, really well done with great translations.

Angel, Ramon and Dino make for some great chemistry. And Ralf/Clark are total dicks lol.

Seems we will be seeing NESTS in KOFXV, it's pretty cool that they are setting the stage for the game via this manga.

Love this manga, really appreciate your effort :)