• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
yooo did any of you guys catch the Evo 2019 lineup reveal stream just now? SamSho is in, and they showed a new trailer!

edit: this freaking guy, right on cue.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yooo did any of you guys catch the Evo 2019 lineup reveal stream just now? SamSho is in, and they showed a new trailer!

edit: this freaking guy, right on cue.

Gatoray always has our back.

So freaking happy right now. Game is looking great.

It looks like there might be just the rage meter and no other meters? No 'stamina' etc. bars.

You can also see that Galford gets disarmed after he gets hit with Haohmaru's DM.

Hope SNK releases an HD version soon.

Oct 28, 2017
This game gave me a double Whammy. First it's coming soonish and its at evo. ALL RIGHT POPPY! Not only that, but it got rid of Melee for this year. Core Values up in this house baby.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
image-89b9f270a981cd78dd7d10848a78e5cc.png

really neat thing going on in Brooklyn right now. I guess it's a tournament series and the current focus is SNK. Great lineup of games, check it out!

Amedo310

Nov 15, 2017
Too many of my buddies are at the event. I would have gone if my alternator did not went up this week.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

ET took 02UM over Sana (JPN) in a great set. XIII top 8 starting now. 98 and XIV finals to be streamed on the Neo Geo World Tour Twitch afterwards.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I randomly busted out my NGPC that I've had since it came out, and am now totally addicted to Card Fighters Clash again like I'm 10. This game is just too good. Shame the DS sequel wasn't great.

Last edited:

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Wow thatsy crazy! A new neo geo console? That can't be real, there must be some mistake. Whats next a dreamcast 2?

Definitely gonna buy it!

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

XIV top 3 from NGWT Osaka which happened yesterday. M' with the crown, no surprise there. It's cool to see some other repeat names from Evo Japan, though.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So I've got Fatal Fury on the mind (*), so my question to the group is: what is your favourite Fatal Fury game from your collection? Also what Fatal Fury games do you have in your collection?

In my case, I end up playing through most of the FF games I have on Sunday and I think my favourite is Real Bout: FF1. While the ring outs probably dicked me over so many times I had the most fun playing it. I'd generally say I enjoy it more than RB Special, Can't answer for RB2 as I don't own it. I also kind of like how the blood particles look like confetti.

As for what I have in the collection: FF2 (AES), FFS (AES & CD), FF3 (CD), RB:FF (CD), RB:FFS (CD).

(*) Probably because I finally bought FF1 AES cart off yahoo auctions.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So I've got Fatal Fury on the mind (*), so my question to the group is: what is your favourite Fatal Fury game from your collection? Also what Fatal Fury games do you have in your collection?

In my case, I end up playing through most of the FF games I have on Sunday and I think my favourite is Real Bout: FF1. While the ring outs probably dicked me over so many times I had the most fun playing it. I'd generally say I enjoy it more than RB Special, Can't answer for RB2 as I don't own it. I also kind of like how the blood particles look like confetti.

As for what I have in the collection: FF2 (AES), FFS (AES & CD), FF3 (CD), RB:FF (CD), RB:FFS (CD).

IMHO Real Bout 1 is the best of the series. Every character feels strong, its fairly balanced outside the Yamazaki infinite and its very easy to learn. Real Bout Special is also a good game but they standardized too much the combo system, something they rectified with RB2, which has polished gameplay but lacks on the presentation.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York

My favorite was and still is Real bout Fatal Fury 2 The New Comers. It's the game that made me go out and buy a neo geo aes.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
IMHO Real Bout 1 is the best of the series. Every character feels strong, its fairly balanced outside the Yamazaki infinite and its very easy to learn. Real Bout Special is also a good game but they standardized too much the combo system, something they rectified with RB2, which has polished gameplay but lacks on the presentation.
Interesting to know, I must admit my knowledge of the FF series is a bit limited since in the past I mostly was Sam Sho, World Heroes & KoF (97/98) from when I could find them in arcades.

My favorite was and still is Real bout Fatal Fury 2 The New Comers. It's the game that made me go out and buy a neo geo aes.
Nice, do you still own it? RB2 is the only one in the series I haven't really played, I actually didn't play much of the RB series till I started picking them up for Neo CD but I'm still lacking RB2. =/

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thought Geese was the one with the easy infinite. I know I've done it before.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I love FF, I've always been kinda salty that KoF pretty much superceded it as I see it as an inferior series. So many great memories playing the genesis version at sleepovers at a friends house when I was a kid. If we're counting it (and I think we should), it's Mark of the Wolves for me. Otherwise RB1. All the games have something going for them though. Even the NGPC version is legit.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah rb2 was so bloated that they had to cut corners to fit it for arcade xp
I really like rb2 but i should look into advanced gameplay stuff.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Interesting to know, I must admit my knowledge of the FF series is a bit limited since in the past I mostly was Sam Sho, World Heroes & KoF (97/98) from when I could find them in arcades.

Nice, do you still own it? RB2 is the only one in the series I haven't really played, I actually didn't play much of the RB series till I started picking them up for Neo CD but I'm still lacking RB2. =/

Yep Still own it! :) Imma only missing one Real bout game and that's real bout Special. Need to pick that one up at some point.

Nov 21, 2017
dTL53Ft.jpg

The King of Fantasy novel got released and the premise is that Iori literally gets smacked into a different world after the events of KoF 97's sacred treasures ending, lmao.

Iori wakes up and assumes he must be in Hell after fighting off a bunch of goblins, and assumes that Athena's counterpart is a Datsue-ba (an old hag who sits by the river styx in the underworld) while he's washing off all the mess. He finds a lute at one point and plays it like a bass guitar, but people aren't sure if he's performing evil magic or if they should just enjoy the music. It also references claw Iori when Athena & crew are trying to cut through the tough scales of a dragon, so he just straight up slices it into a bloody mess à la his KoF XIII Neomax (which is how I liked to imagine it anyway).

Hope it gets released in the West, it's a funny scenario for someone like Iori to be dumped in.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

so this went down during the NGWT in Taipei apparently. I didn't realize how many Mexican players were there, including 2k2 OGs like Bart and Kula. The latter had a long set with Xiaohai and it ended up being an amazing display of high level KoF. I'm sad that Kula isn't more visible in the scene. He's an absolute beast.

Modal Soul

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, I kinda wish more fighting games a dojo like SamSho does. I really like the feeling of dipping my toes into that mode just so I can just get a vibe for the game.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I recently finally got World Heroes Perfect for Neo CD. I've had WH 1, 2 & Jet ever since I had my Neo CD about 5ish years back but dragged my feet on Perfect. Glad to finally have it and had some good fun playing it this weekend. I'm also looking forward to my few other Neo goodies in transit (Fatal Fury 1 AES & KoF 95 NCD).

I do have one point to bring up, the more games I get for my Neo CD the more I really love the system. I know a few games really suck with load times but so many games it's really not that bad, or non existent after the first load (mostly non fighters). Heck for WH Perfect the loads between fighters is like 20ish seconds and I don't mind it at all. I probably will put more focus on filling out my set (sitting at 19 games so far).

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
been a while since I bought any NG hardware. Last NG anything I bought was the MVS art set for Garou, which is awesome. The cart is going to be another story lol.