• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Actually surprised no one has attempted a game with nendoroid designs

264a384625c34bea88a0afdf26f5cebf.jpg

original.gif

Designs would be perfect for a Pocket Fighter revival with 3d models

Yeah this is how I imagined new Gal Fighters game to look on modern hardware.

Yo snk is done fucking around they want that anime tiddy money and they bouts to get it. You can either lament that or be happy they found a way to fund the next KoF.

I wonder if Mai dlc sales/costume sales in DoA5 influenced this.

Yeah, I can't really blame them for going for what sells. The differences in trailers definitely makes me think they're going to try and balance the content. At worst we'll get something like MI2, loads of cool content for fans with a few eye rolling design choices.

I wonder how crossover is this going to be?

I will be mad surprised if Fio & Iroha don't make this roster.

Now to find a worthy sacrifice to present SNK to get Mignon in this game!

I imagine we're getting a bunch of KoF characters first because they can easily recycle the models from XIV, but I'm sure non KoF characters are in the pipeline.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdest and my most anticipated game from the Direct. Hope it doesn't go completely DOA on us though.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The art direction looks slightly better than KOF14 but that's some stiff animation. The customization clothing and options look better than Tekken 7's though. SNK needs to ask their parent company for more money for these games.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo snk is done fucking around they want that anime tiddy money and they bouts to get it. You can either lament that or be happy they found a way to fund the next KoF.

I wonder if Mai dlc sales/costume sales in DoA5 influenced this.

SNK ran that table 2007-2009 with Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!

Good times for touching witches for all.

To answer your other inquiry, no.

Mai got no costume love outside her initial set and that was a waste of colossal proportions.

They had the queen and didn't do a thing with her and it was just a wasted opportunity.

And to top it off, the KoF crossover costume content was weak too.

She translated wonderfully to DoA though and I'll give it that and only that.

I imagine we're getting a bunch of KoF characters first because they can easily recycle the models from XIV, but I'm sure non KoF characters are in the pipeline.

Figures as much.

Blue Mary in her Another Model from Regulation A!

DO IT SNK!

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kula looks warmer on that box art? Also, is Mai and Leona in? I finished the NGP game with Mai and the ending was pretty funny.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
As a lot of people said, my first reaction to this was oh, it's Gal's Fighters, but with none of the empowerment. Looks sexist and trashy.
That said, I might try it if there's a demo. Will customise everyone to look normal.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Looks fun, don't care about the fan service stuff but I'm always down to play new fighters, especially tag fighters! If anything, I hope they add classic costumes since it seems customizing is a big part of the game....with that, please add Athena's 2002/'98 costume SNK :).

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure why but something feels off to me in the lighting department. Looks like everything's been cooking in the oven on low heat for a while or something

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
This might be slightly off topic, but I guess we should just expect Metal Slug to be dead permanently now and never get a new main game since KOF and spin-offs seem to be there main focus?

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they'll add a different "warrior" Athena like in SvC/NGBC...

I doubt that'll be a distinct character, considering Athena Asamiya is getting an optional outfit based on the goddess/princess version.

It would be dope if this game came with an emulated version of Gals Fighter.

I'd like that, but I'd like it even more for more NGPC games to be ported in more traditional ways.

I would kill for Xiangfei.

tumblr_of95frlhmR1t06dp3o1_400.gif

Unfortunately I heard she essentially got replaced in the latest KOF with another Chinese girl with similar fighting style?

MuiMui doesn't fight like Xiangfei at all - but since Muimui will probably be in this based on menu screenshots, maybe she'll get a Xiangfei outfit...

I don't know if this had been confirmed, but it seems like SNK sold the IP of said chinese girl to a pachislot Company

That was Sister Quest, and at some point it seemed like Love Heart's series Sky Love had been acquired by the same company, but from the aforementioned menu it seems like SNK retain enough ownership of Love Heart to use her in this.

I would like to see the girls of World Heroes in this game, or have Nakoruru at least.

Nakoruru should be really simple to adapt, considering she's in KoF XIV like the others, and they can always apply alternate outfits based on stuff like her Bust/Rera self from some of the SS games.
More importantly, I hope she gets some Shinkuru moves like in Gal Fighters.

They should add Izabella from Metal Slug Attack.

Whip would be simpler to implement her kind of weapon, and Yoshino has MSA seniority:

Unit_illust_393.png

They should make a joycon with its dpad

I wonder how hard can that be, it's been years and something like that just hasn't hit the market... did SNK price the rights to the patent beyond everyone's reach or something?...

I have no idea who the girl with the "heart cross" could be. Also, next to Athena's right elbow is a girl with pointed ears, who could THAT possibly be? The only SNK girl with pointed ears that I know of is Mikoto (Shiki's daughter). Girl in the lower right is clearly Sylvie, but the girl in the lower left with the big skirt and shoes ALSO reminds me of Sylvie. Gah! Whatever new designs they're doing for these characters are really throwing off predictions.

I wonder if the cross girl is Nakoruru dressed as a nun with her dagger replaced with a cross.
The big frilly skirt and boots could be someone dressed as MI2's Ninon, but who?...

I hope they include Orochi Leona

I'd settle for Leona having moves that trigger that mode (maybe even just her finisher move), that not only applies to recent Kofs during some of her supers, it also applied to some of her Gal Fighters moves.

I'd say we can be pretty sure about some of the other characters, given the outfit names here. So our police woman with a gun is... Love Heart? Leona has her dad's Beret? Lolita Mui Mui Bonnet? Was Suiren Academy the school Nakoruru's schoolgirl outfit was suppose to be form? And Bunny Paula's headband (which is clearly shown as time goes on) also suggest she's here, too.

I wonder if Suiren academy is the one from Kimi wa Hero...
That'd be a pretty fitting way to reference the game, especially if May Lee were the one to do it...

Um, what is a Lolita Mui Mui?

So far everyone's got an alternate outfit, I figure MuiMui is getting one based on lolita fashion, which should at least be a bit more conservative than the ones we've seen so far...

I guess MuiMui should be the one with the big frilly skirt and big boots in the silhouette?...

Cardfighters Clash next!

An SNK-only Card Fighters Clash would be perfect for mobile, I hope they'll get round to it one day...

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I don't like the look of this and that sucks. I want SNK to do well and I don't mind them reusing KoF14 assets that much. I mean both those Leona portraits are fire but I'm biased.

I mean hopefully it's good? But it doesn't look like it has much substance over GIRLS FIGHTING IN FAN SERVICE COSTUMES.
Even though Leona... nevermind

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 24766

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As a lot of people said, my first reaction to this was oh, it's Gal's Fighters, but with none of the empowerment. Looks sexist and trashy.
That said, I might try it if there's a demo. Will customise everyone to look normal.
This gotta be one of the flattest rebuttals/taste confirmations that I've seen in a long ass time lol
Nice tumors, can't say you helped your argument for cow ladies.

qgrrfEm.gif

Taste differ. As I said I disagree.

Don't worry. You have at least one person that will back you up on Cathyl. I think they are just afraid to show their true feelings.

Why does everyone say that about games they don't like?

Do you know what a souped up PS2 game looks like? This is what it looks like:

I honestly don't get it either. The game looks good, if not a bit sleeker than Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite and KoF XIV (launch version). My bet is that they secretly want to play it but are ashamed to enjoy it for whatever reason, so they have to tell themselves it looks like crap. Do it enough times and they will eventually believe it to be true.

Personally I hope it is a fun fighter. Seems like a good drunk time with friends while I focus more seriously with DBFZ or SFV.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the only way I can get this physical for the PS4 is to order the Limited Edition from NISA? Damn it, I don't want the LE for this one, since I won't wear the sleeveless shirt nor the hat, and the rest of the bonuses (sans the artbook and maybe the OST) interest me.

I guess Switch version it is. :/

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought Kukri was in the background, but it's that new DLC fighter, huh?

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to hear gameplay impressions. This game definitely has passion project vibes to it, but if it plays like a competent fighter than that would make me super hyped.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing of the simplified controls, is that the game should play "great" locally using only 2 joycons