• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Wow what a surprise! I hope some characters from KOF: Maximum Impact are included as well, namely Lien Neville, Chae Lim and Lilly Kane.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Tag based waifu fighter? Okay, let's get it. Looks like it's running off KOF14's engine too.

Oct 28, 2017
Snk needs to bring the hot fire and add capcpom mode where there is eight frames of lag as a knock against sfv in a loving joking way.

I changed the options on guilty gear xrd to have eight frames of delay for player 2. Great times.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Did Kula kill Angel

I need the lore

IIRC they bicker quite a bit in a KoF XIV intro.

Kula probably iced her.

Nice to see the April Fools -> year-long comic -> game announcement flow. For years SNK didn't even bother with April Fools stuff, and now it turns into lets them experiment with a new combat system. They may not afford to get as experimental with completely new series and systems like they did in the NeoGeo days, but it's a step in an interesting direction.
Really looking forward to what the next April Fools will bring now...

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Aww hell yeah! Love these female character designs, I'm in!

We need more stuff like this

Love SNK too

10837.jpg

(at least they are clearly hitting their pervy target demographic...)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the supposed sequel to NGBC as per rumors

People should really take it easy on those NGBC2 rumors.

There were two 'leakers' and one of them has already been proven to be fake (just a troll on 4chan). The other said that NGBC2 was very, very early in development and not to expect to hear about it any time soon.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am hyped for this (already pre-ordered the Switch CE from NISA and will double-dip and get the regular PS4 version, too!) but also wondering how this is going to play. One button for attacks makes me wonder if this is going to be too simplistic to have any real depth and will end up being forgotten about pretty quickly. Gals Fighters was fun as hell, but that was developed by Yumekobo, who are no longer around IIRC. But hey, if it is anything like Gals Fighters was (and I see some of that kind of wackiness already in the trailer from Yuri's super), I'm there. Hope MISS X returns.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Am hyped for this (already pre-ordered the Switch CE from NISA and will double-dip and get the regular PS4 version, too!) but also wondering how this is going to play. One button for attacks makes me wonder if this is going to be too simplistic to have any real depth and will end up being forgotten about pretty quickly. Gals Fighters was fun as hell, but that was developed by Yumekobo, who are no longer around IIRC. But hey, if it is anything like Gals Fighters was (and I see some of that kind of wackiness already in the trailer from Yuri's super), I'm there. Hope MISS X returns.

Only specials have one button

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

smash style one butto for specials. punch and kick and stuffs like that are separate buttons

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted more fighting games on the Switch but this is doing absolutely nothing for me

The hard focus on pervy fanservice (that key art with Athena/Kula/Mai being embarassed at what they're wearing is just...ugh), the weird "you need to use a super to win" mechanic, the fact that everything we've seen so far is mostly just recycled from XIV...

I hope NGBC2 is still a thing because I'd much rather want that.

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted more fighting games on the Switch but this is doing absolutely nothing for me

The hard focus on pervy fanservice (that key art with Athena/Yuri/Mai being embarassed at what they're wearing is just...ugh), the weird "you need to use a super to win" mechanic, the fact that everything we've seen so far is mostly just recycled from XIV...

I hope NGBC2 is still a thing because I'd much rather want that.
What's this key art you speak of? I've only seen pink frilly pop idol stuff so far, which is goofy but not exactly lewd.

edit: oh, that costume lineup a few pages ago

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's this key art you speak of? I've only seen pink frilly pop idol stuff so far, which is goofy but not exactly lewd.

The key art of the main characters blushing must be one of the most lewd things that SNK has released even Mai. I like the cutesy stuff like specials and some costumes, but is clear that the focus of the game is lewdness.

Still, ignoring this, and speaking 100% on the mechanics, I'm curious to see SNK take on making a game of their ultra casual, and the thing of finishing with a super is an interesting concept for me at least, I don't want to approach this game in a serious way, I want to see what will SNK do with this game, and how the community will take it

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring the hyper-booby blushy-mushy stuff (I enjoyed stringing these words together)... The whole dream finisher thing looks really weak. Basically just stretching her arms, a few sparkles and KO!

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017

edit: oh, that costume lineup a few pages ago
Yeah for context on my post in case anyone hasn't seen it I'm referring to this

Like those Kula/Mai drawings are just fanservice at its absolute worst imo. I know there's an audience for it, but it's not me.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Looks bad and they should feel bad. I get the concept, the execution is sub par. There's no personality to it whatsoever. They'd be better off ripping all their lady sprites from their last pixel art games making a game out of them.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User was warned for posting a NSFW image: Many people browse this forum from work computers. Do not post images that are widely considered to be not work safe.
this has me like

MOD EDIT: NSFW image removed

as if that thread wasn't nsfw already, but whatev

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Ah, OK. Well that's a neat reference then, I can appreciate that.

SNK games, in general, are like a foreign land to me. Was always a Capcom guy growing up. I know SNK stuff is great but I didn't come across it much.

I was in the same boat as you a long time ago. Grew up with Capcom fighters, only knew about Fatal Fury because of the anime and Samurai Shodown because there was an MVS at my local Round Table Pizza that had Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, and Bust A Move. Had no idea there was anything else to SNK until Capcom vs SNK 2 for PS2 (I actually bought it thinking it would be crazy tag team fighting like Marvel vs Capcom). I basically learned to love the SNK characters through that game which made me curious to try KoF and other SNK games and I've been a huge fan ever since.

Looks bad and they should feel bad. I get the concept, the execution is sub par. There's no personality to it whatsoever. They'd be better off ripping all their lady sprites from their last pixel art games making a game out of them.

I get where you're coming from, but I feel like it's too early for opinions like that. We've barely seen anything from the game outside maybe 10 seconds of actual game play. They've said there's an assist system, and they didn't actually show it.