• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to this (which people thought was wrong but is evidently not since Samurai Shodown platform announcement), Metal Slug and KOFXV (I assume they just used the last pic they had to illustrate this) are developed for all platforms:
the-king-of-fighters-xv-p-5c07b110bd12a.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will the Neo Geo 2 have Ray Tracing? or is that reserved to the Neo Geo 3?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
From title I thought the console is going to be called "Metal Slug".
I really hope for a 2D one.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's almost 2020 and there is still no super baseball like they predicted. Time to reset the clock. We need a 2080 super baseball game.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
Metal Slug Mania? :)

Very curious what those Neo Geo 2 and 3 plans are. I read everywhere that it has nothing to do with the mini, but is that really true? On the website it states that the mini was very succesful and that version 2 and 3 are in planning stages.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Not sure why people are bringing up Metal Slug 3D.

That game was made 13 years ago and little to no one from the classic Metal Slug team was involved in its development iirc.

For the most part SNK pretty much acts like the game doesn't exist.
Is the original Metal Slug team behind this new Metal Slug?

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Metal Slug Mania please. If not that, then PLEASE use HD sprites.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not use polygonal graphics.

I'm begging you guys! Metal Slug should never be polygonal.

Hold me. I can't. I'm totally losing my cool. Metal Slug is love. Metal Slug is life.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the original Metal Slug team behind this new Metal Slug?

We don't know anything about the new MS aside from it being in development and hitting consoles in 2020.

That being said, going by interviews, it looks like a bunch of original MS devs are back at SNK. Don't see why they wouldn't be on the project.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it could easily go either way, but I'm hoping the new Metal Slug game is an arcade game in design.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it could easily go either way, but I'm hoping the new Metal Slug game is an arcade game in design.

Oda did ask fans for feedback at TGS about whether a new MS should have one hit deaths like the previous games. He said that they are often discussing this between themselves on the team.

It will have that core MS gameplay I think but at the same time it doesn't need to eat through coins since it's a console game first.

Wonder if they will also take this as opportunity to make it more than 2 player (3-4).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Is it now time to admit that the slide from the last Korean event was detailing new games and not "franchise presence" with ACA games?
Yep. To those of us paying attention SamSho, Metal Slug, KOFXV and Xbox support hasn't exactly been new news, SNK laid out all that months ago.

There's probably going to be a PC/Xbox release for their pre-NeoGeo Anniversarry Collection too going by Frank Cifaldi's GDC presentation. What I'd really love is a similar collection for their NGPC lineup on all consoles+PC.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
SNK Investor Relations Reveals New Neo Geo Console, Metal Slug

A new Neo Geo console called Metal Slug?

Man, the fucking news today!

WhatYearIsIt.jpg

Now if only an Atari Jaguar 2 or 3DO-2 would come out.

Those were both developed, and canceled, in the 90s.

3DO Bulldog/M2 (bought by Matsushita/Pansonic for $100 million, further developed, and never released as a home gaming console, but used in other things.

Atari Project Midsummer / Jaguar II. 1996 or so.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
SNK Investor Relations Reveals New Neo Geo Console, Metal Slug

A new Neo Geo console called Metal Slug?

Man, the fucking news today!

Those were both developed, and canceled, in the 90s.

3DO Bulldog/M2 (bought by Matsushita/Pansonic for $100 million, further developed, and never released as a home gaming console, but used in other things.

Atari Project Midsummer / Jaguar II. 1996 or so.

Yes, I had subscriptions to 6 magazines at the time and owned a Jaguar -- my point is, I was tracking that news closely. M2 was going to be a beast.

But my statement still stands, real successors, and actually in produced to the retail market.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
3d metal slug? i hope no, hoping for high quality 2d sprites as per the Game's tradition.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
C'mon, guys, have some hope, if Sega managed to go back to 2d, so can snk.

I'm just glad that at least one of the publisher we lost managed to return from the pachinko hell.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Neo Geo Mini was flawed but I'm still glad I own one.

I would like to see something with better functionality released however.

Honestly, I'll buy anything SNK put out, with the exception of SNK Heroines.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I cant believe SNK Heroines sold any copies. I wonder if they made their money back from the development costs.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
"Neo Geo 2" has to be a version with a better controller.

Surprised SNK Heroines even sold that much...

What a terrible, terrible fighting game, wtf were they even thinking?...

Its actually a very interesting fighting game that got an arcade release before Street Fighter V.

I'd rather watch this than a DBFZ Top 4 any day.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
"Neo Geo 2" has to be a version with a better controller.

Its actually a very interesting fighting game that got an arcade release before Street Fighter V.

I'd rather watch this than a DBFZ Top 4 any day.

Having played all 3 games you mentioned, no.

I take it you haven't played the game before? There is pretty much no depth whatsoever, the roster and command lists are severely wanting. They could have just released a new Maximum Impact with an all female roster and it would have been several magnitudes more fun to play than what they released...everything about the game is flat and basic...

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I take it you haven't played the game before? There is pretty much no depth whatsoever, the roster and command lists are severely wanting. They could have just released a new Maximum Impact with an all female roster and it would have been several magnitudes more fun to play than what they released...everything about the game is flat and basic...

As shown in the video above the game has depth, you probably just dont know how to play the game. If you dont see the depth I cant help you, it has nothing to do with a game being basic or easy to control.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
As shown in the video above the game has depth, you probably just dont know how to play the game. If you dont see the depth I cant help you, it has nothing to do with a game being basic or easy to control.
I really don't understand people like you at all...maybe you like this game and don't like when others don't have nice things to say about it...

But I told you I think it's a terrible game. You saw fit to "correct" me by saying it's interesting. I don't know if you intend to change my mind, but watching a video displaying the extremely BASIC fighting game mechanics I've told you I already experienced myself isn't helping, bruh. If that looked like depth to you, fine, and if you're sensibilities are ever so gently stroked by convincing yourself I just "didn't know how to play the game", then that's fine too...

It's still a terrible, basic, very shallow fighting game with an extremely thick layer of fanservice slathered on the top of it. I'm not asking you to convince me otherwise...

Oct 8, 2018
Oda did ask fans for feedback at TGS about whether a new MS should have one hit deaths like the previous games. He said that they are often discussing this between themselves on the team.

It will have that core MS gameplay I think but at the same time it doesn't need to eat through coins since it's a console game first.

Wonder if they will also take this as opportunity to make it more than 2 player (3-4).

I wonder what they said about Metal Slug at TGS this year, if anything...

Also, what was the reason they actually stopped making the arcade Metal Slug games and made MS7 DS only?