• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
snk18.png

Announced at SNK Press Conference held at Korea.

Samurai Spirits is also planned for Q2 2019, releasing on PC/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch.

source - http://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/524/read/116117

*While the article states that Samurai Spirits is planned for all platforms, there might be a chance of misinterpretation of the reports end for one of the slides.

Update :

http://gamefocus.co.kr/detail.php?number=88950&thread=22r04

KOF XV is using UE4 as an engine.

SNK understands the players' complaints with KOF XIV, and KOF XV will look much better graphically, especially they will be familiar with the engine after the development Samurai Spirits.

While platform holders asked them for exclusivity deals, SNK decided to release their games on every platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch) to let players know of SNK's revival. There are discussing possibilities of how to let mobile players enjoy this experience as well.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Hopefully we get a samsho trailer soon!
GIMME SEIGER'S DELICIOUS CHEST SNK YOU COWARDS!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, guess SS might come out before Evo.

2020 for KOFXV is great news, shows that they are picking up pace with their development. The wait between console games is getting shorter.

All platforms confirmed for the new SS?

Good to hear!

Seems the leaker was spot on with the multi plat and Switch bits.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
Can't wait!! Samurai Shodown, and a new King of Fighters. Damn, all that's left is a new Garou, Metal Slug, and maybe Art of Fighting or Last Blade.

OP
OP
sinonobu

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

Samurai Spirits footage was shown to the press but no photography was allowed.

The impression is very good though.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So goddamn ready for a new KoF

Samurai Spirits on Switch is neat only if they do a better job on the port than they did with SNK Heroines.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good chance we'll get a SS trailer at TGA I think.

The leaker said that Shiki will be revealed soon.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
so that leak was correct...saying that KOF15 was using the same chops as samurai spirits reboot and far higher investment quality than 14

glad they doubled down on fixing the criticisms regarding the aesthetic and style of KOF.

Will buy both for PS4

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I hope porting it to Switch doesn't mean they had to hold back a bit on the overall look of the title, I want it to look great.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
- SamSho is coming at least to PS4/Switch
- Switch Pro is supposedly real
- SamSho will be Switch Pro-enhanced
I guess I'm saving money for the Switch Pro if this is legit.

On-topic, I'm a bit surprised that Samurai Shodown is coming to Switch, but I'm down for it. As for KoFXV, I wonder if it'll be next-gen.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if KOFXV will be cross gen with PS4 and PS5 or will they just make it for one of the two.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think we'd get an improved visual design in the style of XIII. Realistically I fully expect a slight visual improvement in the vein of XIV's style.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Really, with SMASH ULT coming out, it makes me appreciate KoF XIV a bit more. Reason being, it really helps to have some solid ground-work when making ambitious projects. Beyond just Sakurai being crazy meticulous and hard working, I love the fact that all the iterations of Smash allow them to focus on bringing certain characters, content, and improvements to things. We'd never have ULT if the first game that laid the grown work had nearly as many characters. We'd never get this much guest music with legendary composers if the first game was treated like PlayStation Allstars.

I hope KOF XV feels the same, in 2020. Heroines, XIV, and SamSho will all give the devs, artist, and groups a lot more experience together, and as Neo-SNK, than they had upon starting XIV. Even what Capcom and Namco have grown SFV and T7 into from their first releases gives new levels for them to rise towards.

This is a pretty nice Interview Arcade Attack had with Oda just days ago: https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/yasuyuki-oda-snk/

In this case, I especially like this quote:

All our staff have brushed up their skills day by day.

But what's the best way for them to be motivated should be our fans' reactions after a game release.

I think it's great to see how far they've come. But also as a long time SNK fan, I think it's great to see how... reasonable they are now. They don't seem to overspend, over extent, or set unrealistic expectations. They're focused on surviving and growing, and they're full of staff that seems to have gotten the ridiculous, unsustainable craziness out of their system.

It feels so, SO much better than the old ticking time-bomb of constant potential failure and death they were on back during KoF XII. Those days seems well behind us now.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
shame we didn't get to see more of ss after the trailer, but 2nd quarter 2019 is surprisingly early
kof15 please use the same tech as ss