• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Wow. The funny thing is that everything in this video is 100% and actually happened this week.
Its actually fucking terrifying.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, the awful writing and premise of the sketch is only held up by the high production values and the talent of the actors. Except Baldwin. The novelty value of a famous person doing the role has long worn off so all we're left with is his bland impression.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the characterization of Pelosi was a really weird miss. Ruined the whole sketch. That would only be funny to people who aren't following current events or don't know Pelosi. Good satire doesn't misconstrue, and it's funny to people who understand what's actually going on. This was funny in the same way Trump saying, "It's so cold out, could use some of that global warming right about now yuck yuck" is funny. So... not funny

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Who were they making fun of? I didn't get what they were trying to say with the take on Pelosi.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Meh, the awful writing and premise of the sketch is only held up by the high production values and the talent of the actors. Except Baldwin. The novelty value of a famous person doing the role has long worn off so all we're left with is his bland impression.

Really don't understand the obsession with the Baldwin impression. It's not even that good lol

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I loved McKinnon's Pelosi impression, although I thought they'd give it to a different cast member, let them shine a little bit. Still had me laughing though.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Really don't understand the obsession with the Baldwin impression. It's not even that good lol

To be fair, Baldwin wasn't expecting to do this impression for this long. He was just intending to do it in late 2015 and that was it. But the reason why he's been doing it for this long instead of handing it off to Darrell Hammond is...

Trump hates it, a lot, so there's value in that.

...because of this reason right here.

Last edited:

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just the absolute dregs of comedy.

SNL just can't bring themselves to move past "punch ineffectually in every possible direction." Such a waste of a platform.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not the best, but I laughed at Mitch.

"Come on out! I have some nice juicy lettuce for you!"

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the Pelosi stuff didn't land for me. It felt like they didn't know what to do with her.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I thought we were supposed to get good comedy out of this shitty presidency?

SNL has been miserable at political comedy since Trump took office. Just awful.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
McKinnon is basically every white women politician in snl? Her Warren impression is pretty spot on.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were supposed to get good comedy out of this shitty presidency?

SNL has been miserable at political comedy since Trump took office. Just awful.

I think it was Trey Parker and Matt Stone who said they can't compete with Trump so they will tone down the political jokes of South Park...

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Really didn't like what they did with Pelosi or the overall skit in general, but the Schumer bit had me howling. They nailed that part.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should have used him instead of Baldwin. He's much better/funnier and much less of an asshole in real life.

It annoys me that aside from Baldwin doing a terrible job, they're trying to insult a garbage person (trump) with a different garbage person (Baldwin).

Oct 27, 2017
I can usually find a nugget of funny in most SNL skits, but yeah, there wasn't any in that turd of an opener. That was bad.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I had to pause it to laugh when Steve King showed up. Haha.

pX1RdLL.jpg