• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lashman

Oct 25, 2017

Edot - Summary

It uses those terms and flips them around as a way to demonstrate how the right distorts the discussion. That they claim that they're the party of rugged individualism, but dictate how you look, who you can fuck, and what god you worship. That they're a bunch of hypocrites, essentially.

The video takes it further and demonstrates how destroying people's individual uniqueness and sense of self-worth and self-respect with denigrating terms like snowflake is in fact a method of self control by the rich and powerful to keep poorer classes from banding together to ask for, say, a livable wage. It's a video that I would include in the Lefttube bracket, like Hbomberguy, Contrapoints, Shaun, and Three Arrows. I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch the rest of his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any context? I'm not just gonna click some random video without knowing if it's worth it.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
using ayn rand terms really tells you it's a good video
It uses those terms and flips them around as a way to demonstrate how the right distorts the discussion. That they claim that they're the party of rugged individualism, but dictate how you look, who you can fuck, and what god you worship. That they're a bunch of hypocrites, essentially.

The video takes it further and demonstrates how destroying people's individual uniqueness and sense of self-worth and self-respect with denigrating terms like snowflake is in fact a method of self control by the rich and powerful to keep poorer classes from banding together to ask for, say, a livable wage. It's a video that I would include in the Lefttube bracket, like Hbomberguy, Contrapoints, Shaun, and Three Arrows. I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch the rest of his stuff.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for doing OP's job.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you, you actually made me interested in watching it. Very good summary.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
The guy in the video really struggles with delivery at times. Reminds me of a friend of mine that does videos on Anime/Art Projects.

Not bad information/thoughts on things, but as someone else said, the production is rough.

:)

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
don't watch it then - simple
F

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll watch it now

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I watched 5 minutes, it was ok, pretty poorly produced, in a nutshell, the right is enforcing collectivism for socialital norms and the left is for individual expression, the tables have turned..

Mr Rodgers is still cool tho.
The guy in the video really struggles with delivery at times. Reminds me of a friend of mine that does videos on Anime/Art Projects.

Not bad information/thoughts on things, but as someone else said, the production is rough.

:)
Yeah, looks like a newer channel, which might explain the production values. Looks like he's only got a few videos under his belt. I'd also say in the case of this video, it's also not quite as thoroughly researched as other prominent Lefttubers, but I like the cut of his jib and will check out the rest of what he's got.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be better to frame the argument this way:

People on the left are more collectivist when it comes to economics and more individualistic when it comes to social relationships and identity.

People on the right are more individualistic when it comes to economics and more collectivist when it comes to social relationships and identity.

That's a little bit reductive but essentially true in terms of political tendencies.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic video! Pretty much DESTROYS the right wing rhetoric perfectly.

Can we just embrace the term Snowflakes? It shows we value everyone being special unique individuals.
Then the call the ones who call us that "samies," "squares," or "bananas".

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for Double Post, but I think you should change the thread title from 'The Right's Way on the Individual' to
'The Right's War on the Individual'.

This makes a lot more sense.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic video! Pretty much DESTROYS the right wing rhetoric perfectly.

Can we just embrace the term Snowflakes? It shows we value everyone being special unique individuals.
Then the call the ones who call us that "samies," "squares," or "bananas".
I'd say triangles are more fitting of a term. The left conspiracy, funded by Daddy Soros or something.