• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cbr.com/snyder-capullo-detective-comics-1000-detectives-guild/

The acclaimed duo behind the main Batman ongoing series during the New 52 era will reteam for a special story that introduces a brand new team of crimefighters to the DC Universe known as the Detectives Guild.

Consisting of Batman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Detective Chimp, original Detective Comics protagonist Slam Bradley, what appears to be the Vic Sage incarnation of The Question and Traci Thirteen, the team will assemble in the opening story to the 96-page anniversary issue.

detective-comics-detectives-guild.jpg

Details from an interview with Nerdist:
https://nerdist.com/article/greg-ca...iscuss-detective-comics-1000-exclusive-pages/

You introduce something entirely new here with the Detectives Guild, which seems to hint at a larger tradition outside of Batman. Could you tell us a bit more about coming up with them?

Snyder: I just felt as though one of the things that we associate with Batman is this vast library of stories; he's probably the character with the most esteemed shelf of literature written about him. I think because of that, sometimes there's this sense sometimes that he's old and maybe he's done, like we've seen him in so many iterations and yet the thing that makes him so adaptable is that aside from the gadgets, the car, the caves, the planes, all that cool stuff, he's the World's Greatest Detective. And to be a detective is to pursue mysteries that sometimes are much bigger than yourself, and that means that you'll always have new stories to be pursued. And so I wanted to do something here that creates a tradition of that. Ultimately the tradition of detection is the tradition of being curious, of being human.
Detective Comics #1000 hits shelves on March 27.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best comics duo imo. Their new 52 run is amazing. Currently reading Dark Nights: Metal.

Picking this up for sure. Hope it's crazy.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is dope. I want it to turn out the group is really gathered to keep an eye on Bruce though.