• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think one of my key issues is being from EU, but also maybe due to quests I'm on are fairly low at the moment.

Which for me is fine, I'm a fairly capable hunter, it just would be nice sometimes to get a little help as diablos are a realllll pain, but still doable.

Once I reach end game hopefully there will be plenty of people around to go on hunts with :).

Thanks for your tips though, I have been using them to no real luck, but will keep trying for sure!

UK I played all Saturday kept firing flares but nothing, I will check my NAT etc something doesn't sound right my end if everyone seems to be getting people.

Bummer! I'm in the UK and have played literally all weekend (I'm hopelessly hooked!) and every hunt was through SOS flares or online sessions. Double check those NAT things and try some other filters. Good luck hunter!

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't really do anything to dispel any notion without numbers. It's a new release. Lets see how long it stays there. The physical version is already at 50 on Amazon while the PS4, which has been sold out since launch, is still in the 20's.

People also need to stop using Japanese games in a broad sense. This isn't the first on XB1. Plenty of the AAA ones do ok.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think one of my key issues is being from EU, but also maybe due to quests I'm on are fairly low at the moment.

Which for me is fine, I'm a fairly capable hunter, it just would be nice sometimes to get a little help as diablos are a realllll pain, but still doable.

Once I reach end game hopefully there will be plenty of people around to go on hunts with :).

Thanks for your tips though, I have been using them to no real luck, but will keep trying for sure!

UK I played all Saturday kept firing flares but nothing, I will check my NAT etc something doesn't sound right my end if everyone seems to be getting people.

Yeh, I would havea quick check - I've come across so many hunters and I'm in the UK. I'm amazed at how many are at hunter ranks 40 and above after such a short time. I'm sat here with my HR10 like i'm not getting anywhere lol

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeh, I would havea quick check - I've come across so many hunters and I'm in the UK. I'm amazed at how many are at hunter ranks 40 and above after such a short time. I'm sat here with my HR10 like i'm not getting anywhere lol
Wicked will do that tonight, my X is new and I know I did it for playstation, but probably didn't for the X thanks for the advice, hopefully see hunters soon :D

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Glad to see. Much like FFXV seems there is still a fanbase for more japanese-centric titles on the Xbox. So long as the marketing and such is there.
I'm curious to see how Kingdom hearts 3 performs on the box.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
this doesn't prove MHW is doing well on xbox, on the contrary, it only proves how hard is PUBG bombing and retroactively proves that it is actually a handful of people buying the game and sharing their accounts like crazy
/s

I'm glad is doing well, I was surprised to see 8 people in my friend's list playing almost every night. I need to chatch up. Last time I saw so many people playing one game was with Destiny 1.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
this doesn't prove MHW is doing well on xbox, on the contrary, it only proves how hard is PUBG bombing and retroactively proves that it is actually a handful of people buying the game and sharing their accounts like crazy
/s

I'm glad is doing well, I was surprised to see 8 people in my friend's list playing almost every night, last time I saw so many people playing one game was with Destiny 1.
MHW is in a position to steal A LOT of Destiny's thunder and it looks like it working.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't really do anything to dispel any notion without numbers. It's a new release. Lets see how long it stays there.

You're not getting numbers from Microsoft and you know it - might as well say nothing ever sells on the console then. And what about it being a new release, how does that matter? Then japanese games do sell on Xbox, buy only when they're new, now? I see.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom need to double down on this and release more content as soon as possible.

I only noticed today that they've announced Deviljho coming in a free Spring update. So excited! Hopefully they keep the content coming fast. The content releases on 3DS keep me engaged for a loooooong time. Can't wait for Deviljho and the SF/Mega Man stuff events!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom need to double down on this and release more content as soon as possible.
I am sure they will, I am hoping by the time G or Ultimate comes out we have at least 50+ monsters in it (XX spoiled me on monster counts, but that's because it could afford to reuse a decades worth of assets)

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
MHW is in a position to steal A LOT of Destiny's thunder and it looks like it working.

Yeah Bungie dropping the ball with the long term stuff for Destiny 2 really seemed to sour a lot of hardcore players. Seems like they found something else more worth their time as I see tons of one time Destiny players grinding away for hours at a time in MHW

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im happy as long as the game is doing well on anything that doesn't hold the series back. Theres no going back for me now, this is the base monhun standard from here on.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Count me as a plus one. I bought the Xbox One X, Monster Hunter World, and a TCL P605 yesterday. MonHun will probably be my only game, except maybe Cuphead, until Sea of Thieves comes out a I turn on Game Pass. Pretty excited to be back on a Microsoft system.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I am sure they will, I am hoping by the time G or Ultimate comes out we have at least 50+ monsters in it (XX spoiled me on monster counts, but that's because it could afford to reuse a decades worth of assets)

Yeah, the amount of content in XX is just staggering. I was really worried that World would seem really light after playing a whole bunch of XX on Switch. But the content has definitely kept me happy so far. Still, I'd absolutely love more stuff. I'm excited for Deviljho already!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what the next sales numbers are, whenever we get those. Though I do think it was a bit of a mistake to not also launch on PC, the game could have been massive there as well and would have been interesting to see the XBO/PS4/PC numbers together

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Great to see MH still in the top 5 (both platforms) in last weeks' UK retail charts. PS4 is at number one and Xbox One is at number four (entered at number 2 last week).

DBZ (launched same day as MHW) has dropped to 12 (PS4) and 29 (Xbox One) and Dissidia FF NT has entered at 10.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see. Much like FFXV seems there is still a fanbase for more japanese-centric titles on the Xbox. So long as the marketing and such is there.
I'm curious to see how Kingdom hearts 3 performs on the box.
Then MHW doesn't prove this since Xbox didn't have any advertising for the game whatsoever. Most people don't even know the game is on Xbox.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, agreed. It's certainly the better co-op, RPG, PVE experience. It taps into that PSO vibe that Destiny wanted to but didn't quite hit.

Big time. I've always played Monster Hunter (since the PSP) and, while I really like Destiny, I would always spend (far too much) time telling my Destiny raiding buddies that "you'd love Monster Hunter! It does grinding right!". But of course they'd never try it because it was on 3DS and we don't get together and play on 3DS. MHW has been the game to finally give those Destiny fans an easy way to get into the franchise.

I don't wish any ill or failure on Destiny (i like Destiny!) but MH is showing Destiny how co-op loot/grind games should be done. It remains to be seen whether the community will eventually become hostile towards MH (Destiny 2 community was all smiles at the start...) but from my experience with the old games... There's plenty of content to be getting your teeth stuck in to.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, agreed. It's certainly the better co-op, RPG, PVE experience. It taps into that PSO vibe that Destiny wanted to but didn't quite hit.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't think there will ever be another game that hits me quite like PSO did - unless they made a scifi Monster Hunter. But as it is, MonHun is just about the closest I've ever gotten to a PSO sequel.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017

I'd like to use this post as a jumping off point to remind people how fucking stupid it was for Sega to opt not to bring PSO2 over to the west, back when there was no Destiny yet. They could have released a slightly jazzed up version for the launch of the current gen consoles, and they'd have been literally the only game in town for an entire 2 years, with the advantages of being f2p (look at PUBG vs Fortnite).

But yea... Sega...

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'd like to use this post as a jumping off point to remind people how fucking stupid it was for Sega to opt not to bring PSO2 over to the west, back when there was no Destiny yet. They could have released a slightly jazzed up version for the launch of the current gen consoles, and they'd have been literally the only game in town for an entire 2 years, with the advantages of being f2p (look at PUBG vs Fortnite).

But yea... Sega...
Was Phantasy Star a big seller? I remember playing one of the games on the PS2 but wasn't really a fan of it.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Was Phantasy Star a big seller? I remember playing one of the games on the PS2 but wasn't really a fan of it.

The PS2 game you played would have been Phantasy Star Universe as opposed to Phantasy Star Online. That one wasn't very well received, especially compared to the critical acclaim PSO had.(mid 60s vs high 80s metascore). Much like Monster Hunter though, Sega pivoted the IP towards handhelds where games would perform well over in Japan, but struggle to sell in the West. Then... they announced Phantasy Star Online 2 on PC to much fanfare, people around the world were hyped... and then it simply never came over. It became Sega's biggest money maker over in Japan, but they never took the step Capcom just has no with Monster Hunter to actually capitalise on that elsewhere.

PSO2 is also structured similarly to Destiny in that multiple smaller groups (or single players) can interact with each other in larger social instances in the middle of stages. It also had special events that called upon a larger group of players to work together. Basically it was Destiny before Destiny was.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Store updated.

MHW still #1. PUBG is #2 and Madden #3 (probably because of EA Access).

I'm actually kind of surprised (and absolutely delighted, of course) it's still up at #1 ahead of PUBG, which is half MHW's price.

Looks like Xbox players don't need silly features like functional matchmaking at launch to get a community started lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Store updated.

MHW still #1. PUBG is #2 and Madden #3 (probably because of EA Access).

Thanks for the update.

Where's DBZ a week in?

On U.K. store MHW has stayed at number 2 (behind PUBG). DBZ has dropped out of the top 20. Just noteworthy because a few users were saying that MHW was only so high because it was new (I think comparisons to the Steam top sellers was made?) but DBZ came out the same day and that's dropped right down. I guess people just really are still buying MHW on Xbox. Colour me unsurprised.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Now that it has been for 2 weeks on the top, and looking at the pace PUBG was selling (1 million every 10 days), and adding the fact that 100% of the pubg sales are digital, I think there is a huge chance this has crossed the 1 million mark digital sales alone on xbone.

Even if Pubg slowed a lot, that's still 5 more days of sales compared to how much Pubg was selling.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually kind of surprised (and absolutely delighted, of course) it's still up at #1 ahead of PUBG, which is half MHW's price.

Looks like Xbox players don't need silly features like functional matchmaking at launch to get a community started lol.
The world wants World.

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
Now that it has been for 2 weeks on the top, and looking at the pace PUBG was selling (1 million every 10 days), and adding the fact that 100% of the pubg sales are digital, I think there is a huge chance this has crossed the 1 million mark digital sales alone on xbone.

Even if Pubg slowed a lot, that's still 5 more days of sales compared to how much Pubg was selling.
I highly doubt it's over 1M digital on XB1. I'm guessing total XB1 sales are <1.5M, so even if we give it a generous 50/50 digital/retail split, I doubt it's over 1M digital.

Capcom recently announced that they shipped 6M copies, which includes digital sales AFAIK. PS4 sales in Japan alone are probably around 2.4M including digital. In the UK (MS second strongest market) PS4 took 72% of sales week 1. Not sure what the split was in week 2, but PS4 remained number 1 while XB1 dropped to 4th.

In the rest of EUR, the split is probably closer to 90/10.

The US will probably have the most favorable split for XB1, but even if we assume it's 50/50 (which I think is a bit of a stretch) I can't see XB1 sales being higher than 1.5M and my guess is it's probably closer to ~1.2M total, including digital, with the large majority of those sales being in the US.

Perhaps this is more of a sign that PUBG's popularity steeply declined after the first few weeks. Not really surprising, as the game sold at an incredible pace early on.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Throws some sand in the gears for those who really thought PUBG of all games would be the game of the year or even maintain relevance well into 2018. GG.