• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leak?

• yea

Votes: 1,249 86.7%
  • nah

Votes: 191 13.3%

• Total voters

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Hardcore fans don't like the idea but casual fans do and I'm pretty sure there are more casual fans.

I think Joker would have made it in even if that wasn't a thing because Sakurai wanted it. I guarantee it didn't happen solely because of a Koei-Tecmo spin-off.

Unrelated, Tracer in Smash would be great. Way more interesting than the same three-four characters everyone keeps saying.

Are there any characters in Smash that don't have a game in a Nintendo system? Undoubtedly Joker was tied into the Switch release of Persona 5 S. Only characters I can think of is Cloud and Snake although there have been multiple FF and MGS games on Nintendo systems. Those two are also iconic gaming characters nonetheless unlike Joker.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Overwatch 2 is not an Overwatch 2. It's most likely an expansion ala Brood War or Heavensward.
he'd be obviously wrong, the game will still be supported with important updates for the years to come
Jason does expect an Overwatch 2 but reiterated that he meant as an expansion. Not a full fledged sequel. It's the codename that Blizzard is using.

tenor.gif

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Even if a sequel is coming soon (?) I think that it's fine if they decide to port the original game to build an audience.

Doom kinda came late and the sequel is still coming to the system.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Jason Schreier expects the announcement this fall
He also said that it sounds more like Left 4 Dead. Between that & all the updates we're getting, whatever the new game is won't replace Overwatch as we know it. Role Queue wouldn't have launched now if a direct successor to Overwatch was on the horizon.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Name a Power A thing they licensed for Switch accessories that wasn't on the platform that has a game out

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Are there any characters in Smash that don't have a game in a Nintendo system? Undoubtedly Joker was tied into the Switch release of Persona 5 S. Only characters I can think of is Cloud and Snake although there have been multiple FF and MGS games on Nintendo systems. Those two are also iconic gaming characters nonetheless unlike Joker.
Him being tied to Q2 is more likely.

Even more likely than that is that being on a Nintendo console is totally pointless if Sakurai wants a character enough.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nintendo will also announce that they're unlocking the voice chat from their app. They did it for Fortnite, right?
Fortnite uses Epic's own voice chat thing I believe? I could be wrong.

Though considering Blizzard already uses the app for voice chat in Diablo III, it's likely they'll continue to do so here (which would make Nintendo very happy, I'm sure).

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
He also said that it sounds more like Left 4 Dead. Between that & all the updates we're getting, whatever the new game is won't replace Overwatch as we know it. Role Queue wouldn't have launched now if a direct successor to Overwatch was on the horizon.

Something like Mann vs. Machine/Junkenstein?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tracer has been sitting on my wishlist for Smash...

But speaking of Overwatch, I'm still SHOCKED. Overwatch isn't on the Switch yet. The system is more than capable of running Overwatch on potato quality. A smartphone can run a bootleg version of Overwatch just fine when it was just released.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the murmurs we had about Overwatch 2.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More excited that this might mean crossplatform play will happen soon. Even if it's only Xbox and Switch
Assuming that this is a shadowdrop (it's 100% a leak), rolling out cross-console play would be a nice dry run before Modern Warfare. With that said, I'm not convinced Blizzard would bother editing the existing console releases to accommodate cross platform play.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The PvE events in Overwatch were quite lame so I'm not sure it's a great idea, but still.
Better than already making a second game and replacing the current one. Overwatch 1 still has a lot ahead of it. No reason to make a full sequel yet.

Plus since it's story focused it will satisfy the section of the fanbase who's craving for lore.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Joker also had Persona Q2 which is a 3ds exclusive. Several SMT games have been exclusive on Nintendo platforms like TMS#FE, SMT4 & 4A, and the upcoming smt 5. The SMT games also got their start on the SNES before moving over to playstation during the ps1 like everyone did.

Overwatch is for sure coming to switch, or whatever overwatch single player spinoff that is possibly in development is. I don't think Tracer is coming to Smash but anything is possible.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch 2 is not an Overwatch 2. It's most likely an expansion ala Brood War or Heavensward.

Jason does expect an Overwatch 2 but reiterated that he meant as an expansion. Not a full fledged sequel. It's the codename that Blizzard is using.
didn't see that. I guess we could expect that expansion to hit switch as well

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I've stopped to care about Overwatch since... well, I'm not sure when, but it was around Doomfist was revealed. I redownloaded when Ashe appeared, which turned herself on my main for a while, but now I only care of the fanarts about her.

As a Nintendo fan, I'm not sure if I want the game on Switch anymore. Blizzard was too resistent on having Overwatch so far, while Epic made sure that Fortnite was on the console since Year 1. That probably means something for the fanbase.

Plum

May 31, 2018
OK

My uncle works at Blizzard and he needs ideas for Nintendo costumes to add into Overwatch on Switch.

He said anyone who suggests a DK Winston costume or a Samus Pharah costume is a big nerd who should be ashamed of themselves.

What are your ideas?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Assuming that this is a shadowdrop (it's 100% a leak), rolling out cross-console play would be a nice dry run before Modern Warfare. With that said, I'm not convinced Blizzard would bother editing the existing console releases to accommodate cross platform play.

they said ages ago it was something they'd look into. I'd imagine Xbox and Switch would be easy enough and Sony would be the usual "they have to approve". There definitely wouldnt be any PC crossplay outside like private matches as you said the games have a very different balance there.