• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
42 and in better shape than 10 years ago. Still not feeling like 25 though.

You have to adapt.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
35 got gout last month. Shit is sore as fuck. Apart from that developed a lovely Dad bod and I'm pretty sure I'm about to start balding.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Honestly, I'm a lot more healthy than in my mid-20's for example but I train a lot so there's that mystery. I've been doing martial arts for the past 9 years about two to three nights per week typically.

My ex joked recently that I somehow look better than when we were dating years back, probably because I actually started taking care of my skin and hair and shit.

D95VIOt.gif

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
33 here and I feel like Ive been on the road to death the last few years. Back is in constant pain, developed anxiety attacks like I never had before, carpal tunnel in one of ny wrists, and more.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
32 here, and I honestly don't feel much of a difference compared to 22. Working out every single day is something I think helps immensely.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just my feet really, worn and torn, cartilage knackered in big toe joint means it kinda rubs now and is quite frustrating degradation that might be bad down the line like bone spurs, arthritis, possibly even already in the original then my other one got a similar issue but not as bad of yet.

Other than that, I guess I'm a bit more stiff and need to stretch more and get more flexible which I do but it doesn't last so it's very much ongoing regularly to stay limber.

Apart from that, I'm quite fit, strong, active with no back, knee issues.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
not really. almost my mid 30s and feel fine. slow metabolism for me but a bit of diet and working out helps. i do a bit of "powerlifting" most days and have not run into issues with joints or anything.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes in you OP, my health went to shit at 25!

On the upside I am 30 and fixing all that shit now and I feel pretty damn good at the moment. Like, really good. No ailments really. Just do a lifestyle change, especially the way I eat has changed everything. I've been doing a mix of keto and intermiten fasting for the past two years (I change between those every few months) and the results have been phenomenal in my life. Blood results are excellent. I do need to get more exercise in.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.
Thankfully, my biggest health problem in my 20s, which was my severe eczema, is controlled with a new medication.

Now in my 30s, I am overweight, currently having GI issues, and am chronically stressed.

30s is the new 50s.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
My body was a place where illegal raves happened, and hobos set up camp, I'm now currently in progress of building a temple on site, I just got the planning permission and I've started laying some foundations.
Haha.
I often think i'm still pretty much okay considering what kind of stuff went on in my temple. I've seen worse.
But yes, take better care right now. That kind of life catches up on you.

Last edited:

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're "falling apart" at 30 it means you treated your body like crap during your teenage years and 20's, or you have a condition/illness. It's not "old age".

Oct 27, 2017
Not really falling apart but I've stuck on a load of weight in the last year, stuff aches for longer after exercise and weight seems harder to shift.

Ah well.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just turned 28. Excited for all of this to get started! For now I'll have to settle with just my social life and mental health.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say my knees sometimes ache but some of ya'll are dying. I've been to gyms for almost 10 years now and I've been thinking about taking off today but reading this has made me sign in for tonight. Thanks, Era. Your pain makes me stronger.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm the strongest and fittest that I've ever been
(34 right now). Had a herniation in my neck about 3 years ago though that was a major setback to my workouts. I mostly feel fine now.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Yeah, I should note that even with the problems I outlined above, I'm much healthier than I was in my 20s. I'm fitter, eating better, and feeling much better mentally. It's just that my body has some wear and tear and I'm coming to terms with the fact I have to adapt.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, how is your mental state these days? From my own experience, much if not all of what you're suffering from may be rooted in chronic anxiety. Much of which is likely buried deep within your subconscious. Compartmentalization isn't enough to to keep a handle on all of this, cause those feelings will stay bottled up inside and will wreak havoc not just on your mind, but also your body. If you want to be able to heal, you're gonna have to start by confronting your anxieties head on, as painful as it will be in the short term.

Oct 31, 2017
To be honest, I actually lost weight in my 30s and look better than my late 20s. I'm 32 atm, 33 in a few months.

I do nap more, though. :-X

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 34 and noticed that my knees are going to hell. Probably cause I'm y'all and could stand to lose 30 lbs.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am 35 and fine. I only noticed I gain weigt more easily now, but not in a dramatic fashion. I also started to excercise less, since I got this job which mostly has me sitting all day. That might have more to do with it than age.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, mid 30's is a bitch.

In my 20's I could eat whatever whenever and I never ever gained weight. It was something I was happy about. I'd eat rice twice daily, heavy breakfast, desserts, etc. Along come late 20's to early 30's, and I go from 145 lbs to 180 lbs. Just ballooned like crazy. For the first time in my 30's, I started to eat salads. After doing regular intermittent fasting for a year, I am now back to 155. But I just can't get rid of my gut. I don't drink or smoke, still do IF and yet I can't get rid of it. I realize now that the only way to rid the fucker is to hit the gym but that's so much time and effort. Having a 9-5 job with two kids, it drains you out.

One time I was going to Starbucks around 2pm one time at work, and asked my coworker if he wanted anything. He said oh no, I don't drink coffee after 2. I asked why and he said, it will keep him up all night. He said once I hit my 40's I'll be in the same boat. He used to be a heavy coffee drinker like me in his 30's as well. I'm now dreading my 40'smore than anything.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Thankfully no. I'm probably doing better health wise than I have in years now that I'm finally taking care of myself seriously. Eating healthy, exercising regularly and overall taking better care of myself physically and mentally.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 34 and in the best shape of my life. It's the only time I've ever been "fit" or even remotely close to that idea. It took a drastic lifestyle change to get there though. I had to stop surviving on Doritos and chicken nuggets and add in exercise. It was tough to do but it's been completely worth it.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Not yet. My life has become more sedentary, which I really need to remediate since that can lead to problems.

I've been having some back pain, but that was because my bed was garbage and I just recently bought a new one.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I feel like I'm falling apart, but sticking to a new diet, drinking a lot of water, I don't have weird pains quite yet despite a life time of not-well-healed fractures and the like.

I need to lose weight, but once I do, I should be pretty good for at least another couple years. I should probably add a little exercise though.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my early 30's, I basically bottomed out and let mysef go. I was in the worst shape of my life at 33. I'm in my mid 30's now and actually in the best shape of my life, but it's been a huge struggle. Last time I got in shape was in highschool, and it was way easier back then. I feel like i have to really push myself now to get in shape, where in highschool, it was more about just cutting out bad habits.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The opposite, actually. Just turned 37 a few weeks ago, and I feel like I'm peaking. Plus I'm hornier now than I was as a teenager, so maybe there's something wrong with me.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
One time I was going to Starbucks around 2pm one time at work, and asked my coworker if he wanted anything. He said oh no, I don't drink coffee after 2. I asked why and he said, it will keep him up all night. He said once I hit my 40's I'll be in the same boat. He used to be a heavy coffee drinker like me in his 30's as well. I'm now dreading my 40'smore than anything.

I tend to have one caffeinated beverage in the morning and another only if I find myself falling asleep at my desk on a slow day. That's one lifestyle change before I was like Bane, but instead of Venom being pumped into my veins it was tea. Mainly though because my stomach can't take it.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Going to be 40 next year and just benched 365 and deadlifted 350.

I do lots of cardio and walk a ton. I'm good, but I had to reduce my meat consumption by a lot. I only eat a serving a week - if that. This step changed my life.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I'm 33 and getting fat because I drink every day to cope with the tedium and stress of a shit job and having a 1 year old. Honestly I don't see an end in sight but I hope there is one. Most days I can't even muster the energy to play games any more.

Even if I wanted to exercise (which I don't because I find it boring) I just don't have the time or energy for it most days of the week.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been falling apart since 18. And i've had IBS since i was 8 so it has been miserable since then.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, my stomach acts up, my feet hurt all the time and I have headaches every other day. I rue spring when I'm gonna start running etc, I anticipate slooooow progress on that.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Having some issues, but mainly as a result of slacking on working out. Generally, I'm not too bad off except for IBS, but it's not nearly as bad for me when I watch my sleeping habits and exercise often, which I'm doing now. Biking was wonderful for me. Even when I used to be able to run for miles back in school, I hated it. I'll bike all day on the trails or elsewhere though. Probably my most favorite thing in the world to do.

Dec 24, 2017

I'm down one major and some minor OEM parts.

My power plant had a major error code.

Fuel filter is weird now. Some additives cause knocking that never used to be there.

Suspension has been a bit rough due to being sport tuned in my younger years. Might be time to switch to air ride.

Weight savings have improved, which has reduced overall wear and tear. Torque response and handling have been better than they have in years, might need a roll cage though.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I definitely can't eat garbage food without consequence or bounce back from illness and injury as quickly as when I was younger.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

I'm down one major and some minor OEM parts.

My power plant had a major error code.

Fuel filter is weird now. Some additives cause knocking that never used to be there.

Suspension has been a bit rough due to being sport tuned in my younger years. Might be time to switch to air ride.

Weight savings have improved, which has reduced overall wear and tear. Torque response and handling have been better than they have in years, might need a roll cage though.

This is a great post.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The most noticeable thing about aging (I'm 40) for me is that I can't really stay up all night without being completely useless and all kinds of fucked up the next day. Throughout my 20s and early 30s, I frequently pulled all-nighters no problem, that's no longer possible.

Other than that, I'm relatively fine, but that's because I started working out regularly two years ago and fixed my diet, so I'm in a better shape than I've been in a long time. But you really can't outexercise the fact you need more rest than you did when you were younger.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
33 here, still feel the same as I did in my 20s. Guess I got lucky. Lots of exercise and solid diet don't hurt either. However, I'm not kidding myself when I say I'm sure good genes did most of the work.

Edit: Actually, now that I remember, I'm actually faster than I ever have been. My cardio has increased decently over the years. I can't really explain it.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I turned 30 a few weeks ago and still feel 18 lol.

I've gone to the doc a few times with "scares" because I have bad health anxiety but after blood work and other tests they always shoo me out the door. Really the worst for me right now is my anxiety.

I also cut out drinking milk because it wasn't great for my digestive system. That's about it, really. Oh, and my hairline isn't great but it's still in a "salvageable" state. I probably have another 5-10 years before I have to start buzzing it, but if I'm lucky and it slows down by the time I'm 40, I should be able to rock it just fine.

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Nope. If anything I'm in better shape now. Cocaine and fast food regularly in my 20s really fucked me up. Lifting and taking care of myself in the last 4 years has been the best thing I've ever done.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018

Recently diagnosed with ibs, though have probably had our for years.
diagnosed with asthma (exercise induced) a couple of years ago, and I certainly have had that for as long as I remember.
I do fine it harder to keep weight off now, though this is partly due to having a sedentary job. I could certainly eat and drink more in my teens and early 20s without putting any weight on.
I am physically stronger than I was 10 years ago, but much worse cardio (I don't have the time to run as much as I used to).

Been cracking my neck for 10years!

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, I'm 33 and the wheels are starting to squeak.

Within the past year I was diagnosed with both Barrett's Esophagus and eosinophilic esophagitis.

Apparently I have silent reflux and renewed allergies.

My gut definitely protests more about what I eat and I get sick more often.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
Yeah, I'm 33 and the wheels are starting to squeak.

Within the past year I was diagnosed with both Barrett's Esophagus and eosinophilic esophagitis.

Apparently I have silent reflux and renewed allergies.

My gut definitely protests more about what I eat and I get sick more often.

Think some of that is related to red meat? That's probably the one thing that's been rough with me being the same age.