• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Since hitting 30 (I'm now mid-30s and thinking about it it actually started around 28, but went into full swing around 30) my body has begun to "fall apart"

So since my 30's I've

- Developed IBS and "Silent" GERD
- Developed the beginning of a hiatus hernia
- With sensitivities to Cashews, all mammals milk, gluten vodka, rum, and even iceberg lettuce
- Become asthmatic
- and frequently visit the doctor because of increasing mystery aches, pains and "things that weren't there the night before, but are now there and I want to know what it is"
- Frequently have joints pop and crack, I've even now gone "oooh me back" or "oooh me hip!" like an old man
- metabolism slowed down (getting a gut)
- having a bladder that screams "I need to pee, RIGHT NOW!" out of no-where

Before my late 20s/early to mid-30s I could pretty much eat, drink and do what I want (only smoked tobacco once at 11:59 before the smoking ban so I could complain to young people about remembering they day you could smoke in public), I didn't get any belly fat even without lifting a finger in exercise, and eating like a whale. I have people in their 40s rubbing their hands at me saying "just wait until you hit your 40s!

I know this is the ageing process and probably a little bit of my lifestyle in my 20s catching up, but fuck me I didn't expect such a sudden brick wall of "boom now you can no longer enjoy life as much without consequence"

I guess now I have to start hitting the gym and wearing out my cartilage faster. :p

Anyone else experiencing something similar, anyone NOT falling apart? Anyone younger-looking forward to their 30s?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Yup. 43. Eyesight has gone from bad to AWFUL in just a couple of years. GERD leading to a cough most mornings. Can't handle booze any more. Chest pains, palpitations and a shooting pain up the side of my neck that I've been scanned for and apparently my heart is doing good. Panic attacks and anxiety problems that have gone from just a bit of an issue to ruining my life over the last few years. Stress. Suddenly looking like a fat, grey old man.

blurgh.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep. Same age as you and exactly the same. I think nature wants fid of me

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly just my back but it's pretty manageable. But yeah I was indestructible in my 20s and now at 34 I just can't be an idiot anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Check-engine light comes on early to mid 30s...then I hear the wheels fall off after 40.

Have semi-frequent lower back pain, probably from lifting injuries years back at the gym where I could just bounce back in a day. A good day is where I wake up without a random tweak in my neck from sleeping :D.

That said still going to the gym or active 6 days a week...trying to stem the tide as best as possible.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Yup. 43. Eyesight has gone from bad to AWFUL in just a couple of years. GERD leading to a cough most mornings. Can't handle booze any more. Chest pains, palpitations and a shooting pain up the side of my neck that I've been scanned for and apparently my heart is doing good. Panic attacks and anxiety problems that have gone from just a bit of an issue to ruining my life over the last few years. Stress. Suddenly looking like a fat, grey old man.

blurgh.

Oh yeah I forgot about the anxiety attacks! And stress over income for a mortgage. O should really give up booze, currently I'll have a beer or two with a meal twice a week. I've had to almost completely cut caffeine.

Jokergrin

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yes I experienced the same right around 33-34, started getting pains everywhere, the body can't put up with the kind of shit it could when growing up.

But i got things in must better shape now with plenty of yoga and functional strength training. Also Intermittent fasting, one meal a day, eating whole foods only. Stress is also a huge factor, reduce stress as much as possible.

And yes sleep hygiene really important

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I'm mostly still fine at 34. Except for some of my organs. Like my kidneys, which are slowly self-destructing while I speak. Polycystosis is a bitch.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joke's on you my body has always been garbage, almost choked to death at birth
I did develop lactose intolerance in my 20s though

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Since hitting 30 (I'm now mid-30s and thinking about it it actually started around 28, but went into full swing around 30) my body has begun to "fall apart"

So since my 30's I've

- With sensitivities to Cashews, all mammals milk, gluten vodka, rum, and even iceberg lettuce
- Become asthmatic
- and frequently visit the doctor because of increasing mystery aches, pains and "things that weren't there the night before, but are now there and I want to know what it is"
- Frequently have joints pop and crack, I've even now gone "oooh me back" or "oooh me hip!" like an old man

Before my late 20s/early to mid-30s I could pretty much eat, drink and do what I want (only smoked tobacco once at 11:59 before the smoking ban so I could complain to young people about remembering they day you could smoke in public), I didn't get any belly fat even without lifting a finger in exercise, and eating like a whale. I have people in their 40s rubbing their hands at me saying "just wait until you hit your 40s!

I know this is the ageing process and probably a little bit of my lifestyle in my 20s catching up, but fuck me I didn't expect such a sudden brick wall of "boom now you can no longer enjoy life as much without consequence"

I guess now I have to start hitting the gym and wearing out my cartilage faster. :p

Anyone else experiencing something similar, anyone NOT falling apart? Anyone younger-looking forward to their 30s?

You are me holy shit

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

So since my 30's I've

- Become asthmatic
We could be twins lol
Except I had my gallbladder removed too.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, started when I was 25 kinda but it really hit the fan when I turned 30. It helped enormously when I switched to a plant based diet, a lot of my problems went away like IBS, energy levels, etc.

My main problem right now is my belly, I'm hitting the gym more than ever yet I'm still at my fattest. I just can't deal with day to day stress and drink a lot of beer.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
34 and feeling 24.

I honestly was looking for this line. Your lifestyle choices may be catching up to you. Sometimes it takes a while to build up before negatively affecting us. It is likely you needing to change your diet more than hitting the gym.

Yeah all of this has definitely forced me to change my diet, I'm deffinately cutting down and cutting out certain foods, my brain hasn't quite reached full on change yet, but it's getting there with the help of my wife.

consider a plant based diet.

I'm sorta doing certain days vegan and vegetarian and certain days (like weekends) eating meat. I'm about 3 days vegan and 4 days meat (alternating between red and white meat), although I never have milk because of my terrible digestive system.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 37 and I feel better than I did in my early 30s.

I attribute it to being married and basically following a healthy lifestyle with the help of my wife and kids. Eating right, and less drinking and I'm just now letting go of cigs.

It feels good brah.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I'm 37 and I feel better than I did in my early 30s.

I attribute it to being married and basically following a healthy lifestyle with the help of my wife and kids. Eating right, and less drinking and I'm just now letting go of cigs.

It feels good brah.

Yeah my diet needs to change. I can't do Chinese food anymore. Woke up this morning feeling like I only just survived a twelve round boxing match with Mike Tyson.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
35 now, and other than less hair & more gray hair than usual, I feel the exact same as my 20s. No weight gain, no pain anywhere.
I think the lack of alcohol probably help when I look at all my 30-40+ colleagues and their fat belly dreaming(and telling others about it) about their beer or wine one hour before their shift ends.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Turned 33 last week and still feel great. Only thing I notice now is that I don't handle the lack of sleep quite as well.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You better start taking care of yourself at your 30's if you don't want to look and feel like shit thereon. My body is my temple.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some shitty stuff. Gets worse the older i get (46 now). But mentally i'm getting better and better.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
yeah, the 30s are when "life comes at ya fast". I've had all kinds of sports-injuries throughout the years but they seem to haunt me more and more.
My way to stay fit is being aware of my diet (i started eating less meats; cut down on drinking and snacks), regular workout/sports (you don't need to do a lot over overdo youself, just try to sticking to a schedule and make sure its something you don't mind doing). I have a shitty lowerback so I'm also considering to visiting a sportsmassagist for that to loosen things up next to excercises I already do.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yes, a bit. I'm 35.

Poreneal tendonitis limits how much I can exercise, probably need to get an MRI to see if I need surgery but my general practitioner basically was like this is part of aging and talked about how at 50 he can only jog so much.

Recovery times are longer.

I get strained muscles if I play keyboard and mouse PC games for a couple of days.

Rest of it is my fault.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
I'm 35 and feel like I'm 80. Chronic back and neck pain, tinnitus, digestive issues, mental health stuff. Also been sick twice in the past 5 weeks. Used to only get sick once every 2-3 years. Urgh.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
31 and the only thing I seem to have started is not being able to sleep in as long anymore.

Used to sleep in until like 10:30am on off days now it's not surprising if I'm already up before 9am now.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
36, I've had IBS since I was around 25 or so (likely a combination of many things including having been on antibiotics for over a year.) I don't handle dairy that well (not that I drink mlik but I do love cheese.) Two craft beers = my stomach hates me the next day. I sometimes have random aches. Besides that everything else is fine; still doing cardio and yoga without problems. Definitely do not feel like I did in my early 20s though lol; youth really is wasted on the young.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I turned 40 this year and only thing that I've noticed was my eyesight has become worse over the course of just 1 year.
I've always used glasses and my eyesight became progressively better and better trought the years reducing the strength in my glasses. The strength in my glases are still the same but I'm having a REAL hard time reading small text and I didn't have a problem with this just a year ago. I've always laughed at my dad when I handed him something read and he held it at arms length to do so..... that's me now!?

Thank god I have a phone on me. I can just take a picture and zoom in...

Oh yes, just remembered. My metabolism went to shit after i turned 30. Ate the same but slowly started putting on weight?

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
You better start taking care of yourself at your 30's if you don't want to look and feel like shit thereon. My body is my temple.

My body was a place where illegal raves happened, and hobos set up camp, I'm now currently in progress of building a temple on site, I just got the planning permission and I've started laying some foundations.

Endaeias

Jan 11, 2018
I'm 35.
I go to the gym 5-6 times a week.
In my 20's, my hypothyroidism was out of control and I had several stomach ulcers that seemed to never go away (I was on medication for both).
Now, ulcers are gone and hypothyroidism is self-maintained with exercise. I'm breaking personal records without any "testosterone boosters" that most guys my age (or older) at the gym seem to be taking (recently deadlifted 515lbs off of blocks - now to get it up from the floor).

I don't know. I'm in better health now than I was a decade or so ago. But I also learned that I can't listen to what every health nut says about me. I am overweight but my doctor straight up told me that my frame + size, I should be at least 220-230. I went from 380 to 170 to 255-260 in the last 6 years. I don't monitor my diet too closely, just make sure that I drink plenty of water, don't eat as much as I used to, and keep hitting the gym even if it's just to do cardio (stair master + elliptical) for two hours. Knees aren't popping/cracking, back is doing better than ever, metabolism has started to act properly, and not going out drinking all the time (once or twice a month with colleagues.. other than the recent wedding).

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yeah... 33 now def had a bunch of random physical stuff happen this year that definitely made me aware of my mortality

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Not till I hit 40, actually. Up till then, I was still staying up all hours of the night dancing, drinking, and partying. Now at 43, I just don't have the stamina (or stomach) for it anymore.

Truth be told, my biggest physical issue now is my palmar fibromatosis, which really accelerated since hitting 40 and is making it increasingly challenging to do much of anything with my hands.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My arthritic knee from lacking an ACL yells at me every time it gets cold now. I live in SoCal and it doesn't even get that cold!

Jun 10, 2018
I was heading on this path but thankfully course corrected it last November. Feel like I turned back the clock at least 5 years. No more joint pains, no more back pains, no more severe and random headaches, no more digestive problems, no flare ups with cholesterol/blood pressure - nothing.

I'm 28 going on 29 BTW.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
nah, ive had the metabolism and weight gain of a dump truck since i was about 7
my bladders been sensitive since around my teens
my back deformity got diagnosed in my early 20s
i had on and off difficulty digesting vegetables (beans, broccoli, pepper) a few years back but lately its not been a problem at all.
I'm 32 and im feeling as good as i ever have, but ive been eating a varied diet for years with plenty of fruit and veg, walking to work and not drinking excessively or regularly.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I think i am stronger than when i am younger.

Guess i eat better now and am less choosy? But i eat less healthy compared to when i am younger as I do eat more meat and snacks now, so maybe its just a general lack of food lol?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
33 checking in. I lift 3x a week and play soccer 2-3x, depending on team needs in the area. The only thing that's really gone is the health of my knees. The morning after a day of soccer my knees feel like they're ready to explode. It goes away in like 20-30 minutes, though. Other than that, I'm feeling better at 33 than 23 if I'm honest.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Indeed! I just turned 37 last week and I was laid up on my birthday with a hip arthroscopy and a prostate infection due to the surgery. I'm hoping this gets me right.

Just as a FYI to fellow pee pals, I'm not sure if it is the meds I'm still on for the prostate infection, but the urgency to pee has been waaaaay less now that I'm getting this prostate infection cleared up. I'm beginning to wonder if I've had this prostate infection for some time at a mild level and the surgery exacerbated it because they put a block in that made it hard to pee for a few days. We'll see what happens after I'm off the antibiotics but it would be awesome if I was able to have killed two birds with one stone - being hip problems and peeing all the time.

My hip issues were that the pelvic bone was growing out and sawing through the soft tissue between my pelvic and hip bone. They had to grind it down and fasten/stitch the soft tissue back together in multiple spots. They also found that I have arthritis in there because of the additional wear and tear. The doctor said he would be surprised if I made it to 60 without a hip replacement and that a good 'goal' for me would be 50. So. 30s are fun.