• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
31 here. I've had back pain since my teens but other than that I'm great. I have a much more active and outdoorsy lifestyle, exercise more and eat much better. I'm thinner and healthier than I was 5 years ago. Take that, nature!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I started getting the gut around 29. Lost a bunch of weight, gained some back in new places.

Now my main problem is my eyes getting tired easier than ever before. Plus after years of gaming and typing my hands love to hurt.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Mentally, sure. I'm technically in the best shape of my entire life but my fucking brain doesn't function. My emotional triggers have gone haywire the last 4-5 years and I attempted suicide less than 6 months ago while dealing with it all.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
My "check engine light" came on during my 20s due to how unhealthy my lifestyle was (overweight, high blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol, etc - my diet was terrible and I was not active at all) - which caused other issues like cramps and stuff but not to the point where any medication was required

Nowadays in my early thirties I am healthier and have more energy than I had in my 20s

I lost over 50 pounds compared to my 20s , my blood work (cholesterol , sugar, etc) is normal and blood pressure too

I eat healthy now (only eat meat foods during holiday event and weekends)

Compared to what I used to eat....

Early to mid 20s
-Meat like beef everyday
-No veggies or fruits in diet
-Fast food almost everyday
-Junk food everyday like candy and chips
-no exercise
-Drank soda
-Drank coffee
-Consumed a average of 2,500-3,000+ calories per day

Late 20s to early 30s (current)
-Only eat chicken breast most of the time - special occasions I eat beef like for Christmas
-Fruits and veggies consist 75% of my diet nowadays
-Rarely eat fast food, would say once or twice a month at the most and even then it's limited (avoiding beef, etc)
-no processed junk food, maybe a bag of chips for movie night that occurs once or twice a month
-No more coffee or soda, haven't touched them in almost 5+ years
-I only consume water, skim milk or almond milk
-Minimum workout between cardio and stretches for 30 min a day - during weekends it's 1-2 hours
-Consuming average 1,600 to 1,800 calories a day
That's awesome, good for you!

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
early 30s and my body definitely seems to creak and pop more often. I have back and shoulder pain but that is probably mostly from working too many hours in front of a computer and shitty posture. The two biggest changes for me seem to be that I get motion sickness much more easily now and I can't do long plane rides anymore. I used to be able to ride roller coasters endlessly when I was younger but the last time I rode the Incredible Hulk at Universal, I felt sick. Winding car rides are hopeless and boats - forget it. I actually feel better motion-sickness-wise on planes (if I didn't doze off during landing and takeoff when I was younger, I would feel sick; now I feel fine) but any flights beyond a few hours makes me feel like I'm dying. Everything hurts.

Fitness-wise I'm probably in the best shape I've been though. I found an approach I can stick with about 2 years back and still keeping up with it. That's why I think the stuff above is literally just my old age coming through.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
38 and I'm not gonna tempt fate by saying I'm doing great. Somewhere in the past 10 years I picked up an allergy to Watermelon so there's that.

My wife is only a few days older than me and her body has full on revolted. Had a pain in her wrist that we thought was tendinitis from carrying our youngest in the carrier but went to the doctors and found out it was a tumor that had broken through her radius. Thankfully it was benign and considered a giant cell tumor. This whole year has been trips to Shock Trauma in Baltimore, got the tumor removed a portion of her wrist and radius, replaced it with a part of her fibula and fused it to her wrist to regain functionality. Her arm is "fine" now but the leg hasn't healed fully since May and they're gonna do a skin graft next Wednesday so that'll be fun.

Make sure to go to the doctors if something is bugging you. I told her we have insurance for a reason but she just powered through it. Probably could have saved her wrist.

Aug 1, 2018
I woke up one morning and my back decided that it hated life. Other than that, I'm doing good *knock on wood*

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
That's awesome, good for you!

The 20s were really bad, not only health wise but just in general - I would say it's the worst time of my life, even worse than my single digit years or teen years lol

Made a lot of bad choices, some of which I am still trying to fix.

At the very least learned from my mistakes.

Had to do a lot of soul searching and had no help - parents weren't educated and had little to no English skills (migrated from India)

No sibilings, didn't have any friends and no other family to look out to - dark times...

Thankfully in a better place/position now

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Granted I just turned 30, I am in much better shape than in my 20s. Working out regularly and improving my diet has improved my sleep (used to have awful sleep apnea), asthma, removed a lot of random aches, and helped with my mental state.

Only bad things I notice is longer to heal form small cuts/bruises and hangovers last much longer.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I take way better care of myself than I did in my 20's and I still feel shittier all around.

I noticed something "click" (or unclick) around age 28. I started blacking out when drinking more, became harder to lose weight, hair receded, I got anemia for no reason, I feel less energetic all the time, harder to focus, etc. etc.

I used to have 20/10 vision in both eyes and now I don't. It's barely noticeable but it is noticeable that it's a little worse.

I work out for an hour every day, barely eat any bad stuff and don't drink alcohol anymore and I still feel like this. iamalreadydead.jpg

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 34 and in the best shape of my life. I put it down to starting weight training at the age of 15, and generally looking after myself in my twenties, avoiding smoking, drinking in moderation and trying to eat healthily.

It's never too late to start lifting and reaping the benefits of it. Callisthenics too.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 31 and I can definitely feel some things more so than others now.

When I was a 16-24 I had a lot of sport related injuries: Skateboarding, basketball, football, and baseball. Just various nagging injuries to my knee, ankles, wrists, and shoulder. I had to do physical therapy for a partially torn rotator that I didn't even know I had. I stretch every morning when I wake up and I do Yoga every night before I go to sleep.

Aside from that though I think I'm doing fine. I try to exercise more to keep my heart healthy and I cut out a lot of red meat consumption. My biggest vice is honestly drinking. I don't drink much during the work anymore, but on the off chance I do I try to limit myself to 2 beers.

After turning 30 and noticing I wasn't as spry anymore I took it kind of hard. I joined an adult baseball league and that helped my confidence a bit. Maybe look into something that keeps you active, even if only once a week.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Also, even though I am boasting about my health and overall feeling now, I would not have said the same even a year ago. I just have really turned things around big time in the last year. It is never too late to change things, whether you are 30 or 60. My changes were intermittent fasting and keto lifestyle. I have also been exercising for a good part of the last year but I think that is secondary and resistance training the last 3 months since muscle is great for aesthetics, long term health and longevity.

I have seen a lot of people say they were athletes in their 20s, exercising heavily, playing sports, being active, but when it comes to diet they just ate whatever they wanted, drank several times per week, downed sugary sodas and then they wonder why their health goes downhill, even if they do maintain the same level of activity. The shit just builds up, especially inflammation caused by eating unhealthy. Aging also lowers our coping mechanisms I think, food intolerances become more of an issue.

Precisely

I've NEVER been an athlete nor inspired to be. But, I've maintained what I'd consider a healthy disposition throughout my 20s into my 30s (6ft, 165 - 175lbs) . My only vice is whiskey and vodka, lol
I hate beer.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Naw, 37 and still going strong, no health issues, metabolism still in super high gear, still get mistaken for being 10+ years younger than I am.

Does make me feel a bit weird at times knowing a lot of people younger than me that are having issues like that though.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I still try to regularly hit the gym and go cycling and jogging but things aren't like used to.

Feels like this year has been turning point. Starting to feel that my body can't handle things like before.
Couple months ago I had lumbago which lasted almost 4 weeks. That wasn't fun.

Slowly getting to old man territory I guess.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Forget 30s, shit started going downhill for me at fucking TWENTY.

20: Diagnosed with IBS constipation after an endoscopy and colonoscopy
22: Almost died from a cashew allergy I didn't know about
23: FINALLY diagnosed with severe pollen and cat allergies that explained why I got sick often my whole life. Still get sick often, but now I take a million meds, allergy shots, and had sinus surgery yay!
25: Got lower back arthritis. Wasn't diagnosed until 30 because the original doctor didn't read the MRI properly. Need to do PT exercises daily for that.
26: Diagnosed with arthritis in both of my thumbs and have to wear braces on them all the time.
~28: Diagnosed with a meniscus tear in my knee. Have no idea how I got it and thus can't do regular running or biking for exercise. Need to do PT exercises daily for that.
30: Diagnosed with arthritis in my SI joint.
31: Diagnosed with non-acidic reflux.

30s have been relatively tame considering.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
31, I just get heartburn more.

Honestly other than that I've started exercising more and eating better(most of the time). so I honestly feel a bit better than I did in my 20s.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 43. My eyesight is not great, my left knee is just starting to return to normal size after a month of being swollen like a balloon. My right elbow hurts like fuck.

Apart from that, I hit the weights 3 times a week and do MMA twice a week. I look and feel pretty fucking good without blowing my own trumpet too much.

Just gotta ignore the niggles, but remember when lifting that you ain't 20 anymore.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Not too bad here, became severely lactose intolerant around 35. I can take pills and whatnot but I still feel like bloated hot garbage for 3 days after. Knees on occasion seem to want to buckle randomly walking down stairs. I crie evytme the hairdresser puts the mirror up behind me to checkout my haircut. Back will scream at me if I am bent over or reaching up too long.

Deleted member 14887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had an ultrasound because of pain in my upper right abdomen. Gallstones and now having it removed this coming Monday at 32...yay

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I started working into a good diet and consistent workouts at about 30 to avoid this. Prior to that I was pretty good on exercise throughout my 20's though I had one streak of like almost 3 years not going to the gym. Eating was up and down, plus drank a shitload.

Now 36 and I have IBS but I've had that on and off since my 20's - I just hit that Metamucil. Other than that I rarely get sick and body feels great. I work out up to 10 times a week, twice a day Mon-Wed. I have a good diet, drink a lot less and gave up IPAs - now stick to low-carb shit like Truly.

It's all about that diet and exercise. No way around it.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Nah. I never drank a drop of alcohol in my life though and neither did I smoke in my youth or now. I guess regular exercise helps too.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
35 here,

I have a torn labrum in my hip and was feeling like shit earlier in my 30s. I've found yoga is phenomenal for giving me back some of the flexibility and cutting out those aches and pains. I regularly weightlift (3-4 times a week) and play soccer 2-3 times a week. Feeling better now than I did five years ago

You can reverse that shit feeling, it just takes a little effort on your part

Jun 10, 2018
Since my 30s? Man, shit started going downhill at 25.

How'd you manage to course correct?
Really just came down to changing my diet and eating habits entirely. Due to my field of work I already get plenty of exercise, but beforehand whatever benefits came from that was negated by constant snacking, eating out, and just bad nutrition in general.

It wasn't until I limited my sugar intake and upped my vegetable intake by a significant margin when I reversed all of my adverse ills. As I mentioned, I feel like I reversed the clock and feel just as in shape as when I first stopped playing basketball regularly almost 10 years ago.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
52 here - I'm slightly overweight but exercise several times a week to counter it getting worse. Go to the doctor 2-3 times a year most, so far most of my "numbers (labs - BP)" are on the high end of normal but been that way for years.

The worst, was when I hit my 40s and I mean like when I turned 40 my close vision changed so even though I have contacts and my prescription hasn't changed since I was a teenager, I needed readers for small print and as I progressed in my 40s it got worse but has leveled out.. My browser font is at 150% just so I can read shit without readers.

Yes, there are mornings I wake up with aches I don't know how they happened..and oh yeah - due to me growing up in the 80s and a ton of sun damage, I've had several moles checked and so far only one was cancerous so I had it cut out of my back..

I seem to be aging gracefully, no one believes I'm in my 50s, but I still have all my hair and leave it on the long side - because I can... it sucks but embrace it and move forward. My motivation is my 83 year old dad who walks a couple miles a day and continues to take care of himself, after my mom passed away 2 years ago.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Knock on wood, at 38 I feel pretty good.

Very minor aches and pains that are nothing I recall as being more common or severe from my 20s. Mostly stuff I can trace back to a gym session or other physical activity. Eye sight is good (though I have developed a spec in my right eye. Doctor said it will go away on it's own but that was a month ago!) I can still eat pretty much whatever I want without heartburn or indigestion. I can lift heavy things and take the stairs.

I'm fatter than I'd like but think being really lean is a ship that's sailed. I bought a tux for my wedding that's a 44L. Figure as long as I fit in that tux, I'll be doing OK body comp wise.

I lift 3x a week, try to get in at least as many cardio sessions, and eat mostly fresh food made at home. I have noticed some of my peers seem to be deteriorating at a faster pace, and I attribute my relative well being to lifting. SquatRx.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm 34, and it's weird. I'm simultaneously in the best shape of my life, but also falling apart (back, knee's, etc.). lol

Oct 25, 2017
no
37 here and doing better than I was a decade ago. Definitely a slower metabolism and some new aches, but nothing really noticeable.

I think it's our genes, though. My mum is in her 70s and could probs beat me up

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
33 and I can't relate. I get plenty of sleep, exercise and my diet is healthy and balanced. No joint or muscle pain, my blood work is perfect, 0 hair loss and I'd say I'm in a good mood 95% of the time.

Deleted member 25445

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like recent-ish tragic events aged me to hell. I'm 34 but feel like I'm 80 but also a newborn with how I need to restart my life seemingly.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Nah, I changed the narrative. Never been athetic at all and paid no mind to what I eat. Spent my entire 30's getting progressively fatter. 240-250 lbs, size 2x everything (and some of those were getting tight), squeezing into 42 waist pants (and probably was more of a 44 to be honest but shame kept me from buying anything bigger). Shins would be on fire walking on any kind of distance, would be breathing heavy after carrying a laundry basket up one flight of steps.

It finally hit me at 39- I didn't want to hit 40 being a fat fuck. So I ate better, ditched calorie drinks for water and made a point of moving a bit each day- sometimes walks, sometimes simple at home workouts, sometimes as simple as standing/walking instead of sitting at kids activities, etc. Today, at 40 I'm about 178 lbs, down to regular mens large, 36 waist (with room) - still not an athlete by any stretch but I can certainly walk and do stuff and not be a heavy mouthbreathing sweathog.

The only problem now is drinking lots of water (instead of grazing on junk all day) leads to lots of peeing, lol.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Just turned 31 a couple months ago. Outside of being in a constant midlife crisis since 25(which was amplified when I turned 30) and a slightly receded, but still good, hairline, I feel like how I did when I was 16/17. I do get slightly more neck and back spasms/cramps than I used to, but it's still rare.

Meat has never been a huge part of my lifestyle and I've always been at least moderately in shape(university years were probably the worst), but I think genetics probably play the biggest part in how I'm aging.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Since hitting 30 (3 years ago) I've:
  • Gained 20 pounds
  • Diagnosed with degenerative discs
  • Currently have two bulging discs being treated
  • My left shoulder feels like it is going to fall off every time I pick up one of my kids
  • My eye sight is no longer 20/20
  • I failed a hearing test for the first time in one ear
  • My stomach is a constant wreck that I need to get checked out
It all compounds is the problem. I can't play basketball anymore which was my favorite hobby, so that is leading to weight gain, which is fueling stress, which is why I think my stomach is a wreck. I'm spending less nights playing basketball so I'm just lounging around drinking beer and playing games instead. I am making a concerted effort to try and replace basketball with something I enjoy that my back can handle, just haven't found it yet.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm 33 but feel 25.

Fitness
Meditation
Sleep
Low alcohol intake
Good bed

These all help. I do get sicker faster though. And if something happens, it stays longer.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Physically, I'm ok, but I feel like a lifetime of insomnia and anxiety have mentally aged me prematurely. At this rate, I feel like I'm just going to be a drooling vegetable in a decade or two.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
For me, I felt like I started "falling apart" when I hit 44 (I'm 47 now), where everything (diet, exercise, vision, hearing, joints, muscles, boners, etc) hurt more just took more effort to keep healthy and I seemed to need more sleep. Up till then, even well into my 40s, I felt like a teenager and could survive getting hit by a truck, but after 44, I felt like a strong wind would knock me on my ass.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stronger then I've ever been, more supple, and in good shape too. I've put on a few more pounds then my 20s, but that can easily be fixed by being stricter with my diet.

So no, I was in great shape in 20s, better now.

VulcanRaven

alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Yeah my 30s hasn't been great

lots of weird random pains that will come and go, or strange feelings in limbs/etc that will plague me for a month or so then seem to go away

I have assumed it's normal old stuff. My knees pop when I stand up from kneeling and stuff like that

haven't been to a doctor in 12 years or so but recent lower abdominal/testicular pain has made me thinI about it somewhat

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gah. I can relate. Just turned 35 in October. Definitely have aches and pains and stuff. I need to be healthier. I'm trying.

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
37 here and i am starting to notice the aging signs, i have eaten healthy and doing exercise for more than a decade, do not drink nor smoke and my body is in better shape than in my twenties but there is sometimes a small pain in certain parts of my body which i did not have before, my hairline has reduced, i am seeing minor wrinkles on my face so i have started to use cream for that, and the thing i hate the most is that i have growing hair in parts where it did not grow before such as my ear or back so i have to remove it i do not like it, in conclusion the aging process is inevitable, it will come sooner or later even if you take all the measures to prevent it but in general terms i am still good.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Since hitting 30 (I'm now mid-30s and thinking about it it actually started around 28, but went into full swing around 30) my body has begun to "fall apart"

So since my 30's I've

- Developed IBS and "Silent" GERD
- Developed the beginning of a hiatus hernia
- With sensitivities to Cashews, all mammals milk, gluten vodka, rum, and even iceberg lettuce
- Become asthmatic
- and frequently visit the doctor because of increasing mystery aches, pains and "things that weren't there the night before, but are now there and I want to know what it is"
- Frequently have joints pop and crack, I've even now gone "oooh me back" or "oooh me hip!" like an old man
- metabolism slowed down (getting a gut)
- having a bladder that screams "I need to pee, RIGHT NOW!" out of no-where

Before my late 20s/early to mid-30s I could pretty much eat, drink and do what I want (only smoked tobacco once at 11:59 before the smoking ban so I could complain to young people about remembering they day you could smoke in public), I didn't get any belly fat even without lifting a finger in exercise, and eating like a whale. I have people in their 40s rubbing their hands at me saying "just wait until you hit your 40s!

I know this is the ageing process and probably a little bit of my lifestyle in my 20s catching up, but fuck me I didn't expect such a sudden brick wall of "boom now you can no longer enjoy life as much without consequence"

I guess now I have to start hitting the gym and wearing out my cartilage faster. :p

Anyone else experiencing something similar, anyone NOT falling apart? Anyone younger-looking forward to their 30s?
OP, are you me???? The part about going to the doctor frequently and that hiatal hernia/GERD speak to me because I had that same exact issue and tried many times to find out what I had. It got to the point where I gave up because they could never find anything. Weird.