• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
38 here and while I'm exercising more than I ever did at any point in my life, I just got stuck on high blood pressure medication (lowest dose possible, but still...) which I suppose I'll probably be on for the rest of my life. At my last physical in 2014 my BP was borderline but not high enough to medicate. Five years later and 20 pounds lighter, the BP only crept up some more. Oh, and apparently my A1C is 5.7, which is right at the tip of pre-diabetes. Fun. I think it was around the higher range of normal in 2014.

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
35 and have severe anxiety and panic attacks as of a couple years ago. So that's a thing.

Also every few weeks I wake up in the middle of the night wanting to puke due to large amounts of gas in my stomach. It's not painful, just nauseating, and I belch like Calvin trying to get rid of it.

I get heartburn from margaritas now, which blows.

And I pee 3-4 times a night. Sometimes it doesn't all come out so I have to push places to squeeze the last drops.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Turning 30 on Wednesday.

Looks wise I still look like in my early 20s, but I feel my age. My early 30s will most likely be rebuilding my social life, buying my own place and put more of an emphasis on my health.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
30 and yep - year of the noises when I sit down. Right knee is an absolute bugger sometimes.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I turned 30 yesterday and this thread terrifies me.

No need. It's pretty much the athletic prime....

It just starts showing if you have a bad diet or not enough exercise which didn't matter so much in the 20's.

Sure some people have issues despite a healthy lifestyle, but you can always have those even as a teenager.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Oh my hearing I think is going and my memory is weird I cannot remember the words for really simple things, and then I have to wait 10 or 20 mins and then finally it comes back, that or I have to Google it.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
34 and I felt the same a year ago.
I couldn't get through a day without taking a 2 hour nap after work and my elbows would get swollen for unknown reasons. Went to doctors and tested for everything, including lyme, autoimmune etc. Nothing.

For some reason decided to take gluten out of my diet I felt better ever since. No swollen elbows, no naps, and I don't even need coffee at work anymore. Gluten intolerance is real guys. Gluten free isnt just for celiacs.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
37 until March rolls around and its definitely been a challenge but right now Im in the best space Ive been in about 5 years health wise and shape wise the best Ive ever been. Its definitely taken work and changes to my routine (or rather, Ive had to create one) and Im sure in a few years I'll have to create a new one once the next thing goes to shit, haha.

Getting older is frustrating for sure, not fun bruising 5x as often and healing 2x as slowly but earning your fitness is also pretty rewarding.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
31 and my back is started to become fucked. Maybe because I was never diagnose with scoliosis before? Turns out a nurse running their hand on your back for 3 seconds once a year doesn't cut it.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my hearing I think is going and my memory is weird I cannot remember the words for really simple things, and then I have to wait 10 or 20 mins and then finally it comes back, that or I have to Google it.
And then in the time it takes to open Google and put your fingers on the keyboard, you forget what you meant to search for?

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
I am in my early 30s and I have *checks notes* Left Knee pain, Left shoulder pain, lower back pain, and neck pain. My kidneys are also kinda acting out. IBS, GERD, shitty sleeping pattern also on the side.
I was deadlifting twice my weight like 4 years ago man, fuck that shit.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Sickle Cell has always been hell on my body before I was in double digits in age to start with. Bigger and more frustrating complications from it have been arising since my 20s from having to get my hips replaced and now dealing with painful deterioration at the lower spine that's a daily struggle. I feel I'm falling apart more mentally and emotionally now that I'm 31 just because I've begun to be held down by dower questions about having a lifelong romantic relationship & having a family in my condition.
And then in the time it takes to open Google and put your fingers on the keyboard, you forget what you meant to search for?
I actually have a resolution to see a neurologist before spring starts next year. My memory has become a sieve and I just hope I don't have one more health issue to deal with.

Last edited:

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
As a cancer survivor

At 35

I have cataracts starting already
Both of my knees need to be replaced
Spots on my brain they don't know how they affect me
I have a low thyroid
Low testosterone
Terrible vision
Paralyzed diaphragm
Depression
Anxiety

The last 2 I've always had though
I feel like I'm too old to start anything and it's all hopeless , that I'm just counting down the days to sadness and have no will/ ambition to change

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
As someone who just crossed the big 40 in September I'm feeling pretty good but there are problems I have that I really need to exercise away. That being said, I went into my 30's over 350 pounds and I left my 30's at 190 so I'm doing pretty good. I hear 40's are key to a long healthy life so I need to get back on the exercise train.

Having a full head of hair doesn't hurt and discovering that when you lose weight, oh yeah, you are a good looking guy!

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
OMAD is the only diet that is helping me lose weight. But I hate the feeling that I am punishing myself and working out twice as hard just to keep up than when I was younger. I miss binge eating in my 20s and not having to deal with the aftermath.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
42 and the main things I have had to deal with are:

-stomach just can't handle what it used to
-exercising way more just to stay in moderate shape
-realizing that the arm that I broke will never be back to where it was
-booze does a number on my stomach the next day
-having to deal with the loss of loved ones at a more frequent pace (lost a mom, two grandparents, and a best friend in the last few years)

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, just experienced something else new, likely related to my first post. This was my first lifting session after starting blood pressure medication. Everything was fine, I even felt a little stronger on some exercises. Getting near the end, I go to do some lat pulldowns. First set feels great, my form is good. I get up to start a second set, and suddenly I became very faint. My head was really cloudy and I had to sit for a minute. I began to feel rumblings of nausea. Went back to the locker room feeling queasy. The lightheadedness went away reasonably quickly, but I couldn't shake the nausea, so I went to the bathroom and found an empty toilet stall. Normally at this point if I feel like I'm going to vomit, I at least try to fight it a little, but somebody was doing their business in the next stall and it certainly smelled like it, so out came part of my lunch from five hours earlier.

I'm guessing this means the Amlodipine is working, and maybe a little too well? I'm not sure if it would be reasonable to expect a brief bout of low blood pressure on my second day medicating. (Not sure that's actually what it was, since I had no way to measure it there.)

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup,38 and my back is hurting pretty much constantly and I have shortened tendons (Tendinopathy) which makes getting up in the morning agony.

It's also getting worse now where any period of inactivity it hurts to get up and walk.