• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

schwifty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to chime in and mention how inspiring your positive attitude is.

How do you stay so upbeat and hopeful given your circumstances?

I wish you the best; hopefully everything works out.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just want to chime in and mention how inspiring your positive attitude is.

How do you stay so upbeat and hopeful given your circumstances?

I wish you the best; hopefully everything works out.
I've spent my time in the depths of sorrow and depression, and I can't do that anymore, I do slip sometimes but overall I'll be damned if I don't move forward more than back...

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Welp, just had a bit of a mini breakdown, they asked if I was going to have any visitors, and I said no. This place is lonely esp when you see everyone else have people come to see them. Had a good private cry and I'm alright.

I've been following this thread as I'm sure many others have. You have visitors, just virtual! Sometimes we "visit" quietly but do know you have people who care. You're in a tough situation but staying positive which you have been and remembering this too shall pass will be key. Try to get some rest , not sleeping will only add to issues. Stay safe and post updates when you can.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong thread, so sorry.

Best of luck to you OP.

Last edited:

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
First of all I want to wish Dicer the best of luck. I hope everything works out for you. While I have not experienced homelessness I am not a stranger to poverty (financially speaking I'm in the severe material deprivation category), and I know how horrible things can get. Secondly, what kind of supplies do you have? If you don't have a tent and a sleeping bag I would recommend you consider getting such. Hopefully you can for the time being utilize homeless shelters but there's always the risk of affrays and disturbances there which may prompt one to seek a quieter location, and then a tent can be nice to have. Just something to think about.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Secondly, what kind of supplies do you have? If you don't have a tent and a sleeping bag I would recommend you consider getting such. Hopefully you can for the time being utilize homeless shelters but there's always the risk of affrays and disturbances there which may prompt one to seek a quieter location, and then a tent can be nice to have. Just something to think about.
A couple of months ago I would have agreed, but with winter coming you it's not a good idea to be out doors. And both predictions and my 40 years experience of living in this part of the country lead me to believe this might be a bad one, with lots of snow and probable ice storms.

When I was homeless I was lucky enough for it to be end of spring beginning of summer so I was able to do the tent thing thankfully.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earthbound just popped in and was super nice, brought me some goodies and we had a nice chat...you all rock the house ;)

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made the best stand ever... Glad I didn't pawn it off before this all happened.

dw8F6II.jpg

I'm feeling light years better than when the day started...

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I made the best stand ever...

That looks rather top-heavy / liable to fall over easily. You might want to put some stuff behind it just to keep it from falling back. I know the bed extends beyond that, and falling on that wouldn't be a big deal, but better safe than sorry. The last thing you want is a cracked Switch.

I'm feeling light years better than when the day started...

Definitely glad about that :)

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Earthbound64 you are good people thank you for being kind.

Dicer all my love to you, wish I could do more than that. Likely going to have to declare bankruptcy due to medical bills myself so I can only offer my love.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7/11 for free napkins, bathroom, crackers, tea bags, honey, salt, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, coffee shots, etc etc. All that stuff is legitimately free for you to take. I mean, they probably want you to buy at least one thing but they don't usually care.

There's also a 'salad bar' of sorts for the hot dogs and stuff. Onions, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, pickles, and the like.

Sorry don't know what else to say but I've been broke as hell and 7/11 had saved my ass. Even the chili is free from the dispenser; it's for the hot dogs too. Just bring your own cup LOL

Godspeed!

Solid advice.

billiam

Oct 28, 2017
Well I feel like I jinxed you , I suggested a hospital if needed but didn't think you would have a legitimate health issue. good that you are doing ok and at least the hospital is doing the right thing to try and help you out.

When you're on warfarin, if they can't find you a place to stay, do a good job keeping your extremities covered well, you can have an alteration in your temperature sensation from warfarin and you could be more susceptible to frostbite.

Good luck

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A friend had a similar problem a few years ago. He crashed on my couch for 2 1/2 months until he got a better living arrangement.

Best of luck to you. Its a pritty bad situation to be in.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I am still waiting to figure out my release and where I am going, if I am staying on the Coumadin I have to stay so they can monitor me, if I'm on injections I can't bring that shit to a shelter, so it's something they are trying to figure out.

I'd rather stay here for the extra time then go back to where I was, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So being discharged, and no one does intakes except in the morning I really do not want to go back to the shelter I was at, do not feel safe there, might just hang in the lobby until the morning, trying to figure it out

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Shit, yeah if you have to stay in the lobby I wouldn't tell you not to, you don't want be outside right now.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna stay in Enfield motel6 for the night and go from there... I'll feel safer. No places do intakes at night everyone does it in the morning

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Just caught up on all this...wow man, I hope things turn around for you soon. Nice to hear about earthbound visiting you and I wish you all the best.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I got into a nice place rather than the place I was at. Going this evening to get it all sorted out. Had to drain what money I had to stay out of the former last night but I'm fortunate that this worked out.
I'll keep you folks up to date. Thank you all again, your support has been nothing short of amazing

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the new space and while it's hardly ideal it's better than what I had and they want to help you reach a goal...

Keep them thoughts and stuff coming... And as always thank you to everyone.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Dicer I'm thinking of you and I'm so glad EB was able to visit you. I hope things only improve for you from here. :)

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Hey again. I noticed you said you were in Enfield the other day - you should have messaged me. Where's the place you're staying now? (You can message me if you don't want to post it in the thread. Or, you don't have to tell me, no worries either way).

Glad you're in a better space now, anyway :)

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at Samaritan inn in Westfield now, was just in Enfield overnight so I had a night of personal sanity. Was nice to have a space to myself for a night.

Blew some money for that but after the hospital I needed it and don't wanna go back to the Springfield one and get shivved or something lol

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah, Westfield's definitely a nicer area than Springfield... But then, most areas are nicer than Springfield, it isn't exactly a highlight. Hope things are better where you are now - and sounds good that you said they had some people to help with direction and stuff there too.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Things I need and everyone moving into a shelter should have...

Slip on shoes, can't walk barefoot or just in socks around here, nor would you want too.

Battery pack,charging times are limited and outlets are a commodity (thanks to Earthbound that's not so much an issue) but yeah a good solid battery is gonna be handy.

Earplugs (ty again EB) you are in a space with a lot of people that snore and night fart, and yeah no need to hear that all night

Thankfully I don't smoke so I don't have to worry about a bunch of layers to go outside for 5-10minutes but of you do smoke you'd definitely need that as well.

1 night down, hopefully not a fuckton more to go...

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Things I need and everyone moving into a shelter should have...

Slip on shoes, can't walk barefoot or just in socks around here, nor would you want too.

Battery pack,charging times are limited and outlets are a commodity (thanks to Earthbound that's not so much an issue) but yeah a good solid battery is gonna be handy.

Earplugs (ty again EB) you are in a space with a lot of people that snore and night fart, and yeah no need to hear that all night

Thankfully I don't smoke so I don't have to worry about a bunch of layers to go outside for 5-10minutes but of you do smoke you'd definitely need that as well.

1 night down, hopefully not a fuckton more to go...
Do you have a mailing address (the shelter perhaps?)? I wouldn't mind sending those over- perhaps make an Amazon wish list? I actually also just have some lying around the house if you wouldn't mind used and could fit into the slippers.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

Yeah, I had a feeling those would be useful. It's one of those things you don't really think about until you're laying awake at 2AM trying to sleep while listening to all the background noise.
I should have brought you a battery pack / charger too. I thought about it, and I know I have some around, but they're still packed up goodness knows where from when I moved earlier this year. I should just buy some new ones. Ah well.

But, glad you're getting some good use out of some stuff, at least :)

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've taken a hard downturn, I'll be remitting myself to the crisis center tomorrow before I do something dumb...

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself. You mentioned some items that would really help, how can we get them to ya? Is there an address we could send anything to? Can I order you pizza or anything?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
how i make money in times of need, i sell clothes, video games. Selling clothes online sometimes gets me out of a pinch.

I hope the best for ya.

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On my way down to re admit myself, thought a night sleep would help, but it did nothing...

At least I'm trying to get the help I need instead of just checking out, so I guess I got that going for me

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good luck and keep your head up. Your aware of your mind state and getting help for it so that puts you closer to wellness than a lot people.

Good luck.