• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
www.xseedgames.com

Welcome to Your New Battlefield: DAEMON X MACHINA Comes to PC on February 13 – XSEED Games

XSEED Games today announced the high-speed mech action game, DAEMON X MACHINA, will be launching globally for Windows PC via Steam on February 13.

With the exception of some licensed DLC, the PC release will include all content updates including new Arsenal gear, cosmetic options, Colossal Immortal battles, and a co-op Exploration Mission mode.

I keep reading this and to me it looks like all dlcs were planned to be included, for free, in the PC version (and in fact I purchased it thinking I had all dlcs in the game already, considering this is a full price later port and usually it works like this) except the licensed ones, the game launched and there are 49.38€ of dlcs already available to purchase, not included in the game?

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
The game only launched on Switch less than six months ago. This isn't some 12 -18 month late "Game of the Year" complete edition.

Deleted member 44122

yes, and? this isnt anything unusual or scummy. the game is still pretty new and you should always look into something before actually buying it

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This happens with quite a few Switch Ports as well...and the price is higher cuz of the Switch Tax too.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Did they ever say "included for free"?

Because launching with and bundling for free is not the same thing.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah, not buying this until I can get it for like 25€ with all DLC included

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Language does suggest the DLC would be included.

I am sure you'll be able to get a Steam refund, even if you're outside the "under two hours played" threshold, especially if you cite the reason.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What you've quoted means all content listed is available in the port--it's not missing anything besides the licensed dlc, not necessarily free. I can see why you'd think it would be included but that wasn't my first thought when reading it tbh.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The content updates they list were free content updates. They just mean you won't have to wait for those, they are already in there.

Here's a better worded version on a different part of the site:

Originally released on the Nintendo Switch system in 2019, the mech action game DAEMON X MACHINA is now coming to the PC. Fully optimized for the new platform, the PC version includes all the content updates that have been released since the original launch of the game, including additional Arsenal parts and weapons, Outer modifications, Colossal Immortal battles, and an Exploration Mission co-op mode.

www.xseedgames.com

DAEMON X MACHINA – XSEED Games

Visit Steam Page Originally released on the Nintendo Switch system in 2019, the mech action game DAEMON X MACHINA is now coming to the PC. Fully optimized for the new platform,Read More...

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It really doesn't. It is just indicating that some of the licensed DLC that is available on the Switch version is not available on the Switch version.

Perhaps if they used the word "offer" rather than "include".

It's not uncommon at all for later rereleases of games on other platforms to include DLC at no additional charge.

"Does this include the DLC?""

"Yes it does".

Edit: I don't think it's deliberately misleading, but I do think it's kinda ambiguous and could lead to confusion.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't really see the issue, but maybe it's because I have the game on switch already (released 6 months ago) and the DLC is cosmetic only.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Antagonizing other posters
No but how are gonna make fun of console peasants if price is the same on PC

/s

Lot of insecurity in your post. That is expected though.
emote.png