• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
that's a shame

YT is always behind Twitch for basically everything. I always tell people to watch Treehouse on Twitch instead
You can Rewind live events in YouTube with ease. It has no archiving issues, and it's accessible everywhere.

I watched all but one stream on YouTube, and that's because it was EXCLUSIVE to Twitch, but added to YouTube after it ended lol. Why go through extra task of uploading conferences when YouTube will automatically consolidate it.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
YouTube is such a simple, user-friendly and convenient option. Always my go to.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
YouTube is far more responsive for me than Twitch. I'll only really use Twitch to watch streamers I like - State of Play / Directs / Inside Xbox I'll watch on YouTube instead.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll tell you why.

1. I can pause YT live and continue from where I paused.

2. I can fucking REWIND live.

Twitch can go suck a fat one. That whole thing is one big pile of garbage that I would be glad if everyone moved to youtube forever.

But thats me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's broader audience is far more likely to be more familiar with Youtube than Twitch. Twitch overall had a lot more E3 viewers.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Youtube feels so much less clunky than Twitch, and you don't tend to have a chat spamming dumb memes or racist stuff 50x a second. Apart from speedrunning stuff I completely avoid Twitch as I just don't "get" it.

ChristMustDie

Oct 26, 2017
Twitch has been blasting me with ads before and during streams for the past few months. I've almost exclusively watched YouTube streams for E3 content this year as a result.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YouTube comments are trash. Twitch is also trash but at least it's manageable trash.

I see a fair few people pushing back on Twitch chat, I rarely see anyone doing the same on YouTube. Obviously anecdotal and all. There is a lot to be said of simply typing racist chat FailFish, because most people do get it, they're just being memetic (I don't think this is a real word) trolls.

Twitch has been blasting me with ads before and during streams for the past few months. I've almost exclusively watched YouTube streams for E3 content this year as a result.

I agree with you here, trying to watch the GB VODs and being blasted by the same five ads is pretty irritating.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mixer is so much better for me.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'll tell you why.

1. I can pause YT live and continue from where I paused.

2. I can fucking REWIND live.

Twitch can go suck a fat one. That whole thing is one big pile of garbage that I would be glad if everyone moved to youtube forever.

But thats me.
Yep. I think YouTube would have significantly more views if it had a dedicated platform for gaming. It was a bitch finding streams in YouTube since it's buried until billions of videos, while Twitch was more organized. However, I stuck with YouTube because I don't have to be up and watching every frame at 2pm sharp. I can just show up halfway through, Rewind it, watch bits I like and skip bits I don't like until I'm caught up.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
You can Rewind live events in YouTube with ease. It has no archiving issues, and it's accessible everywhere.

I watched all but one stream on YouTube, and that's because it was EXCLUSIVE to Twitch, but added to YouTube after it ended lol. Why go through extra task of uploading conferences when YouTube will automatically consolidate it.
I'm not gonna be rewinding shit when I'm watching stuff LIVE lol. YT being behind 15-20 seconds doesn't help. yeah it's live but it's less live than Twitch :')

if there's anything I missed then sure I'll go to Youtube when the whole stream is over and I can playback to whenever

Oct 27, 2017
I think part of the reason why is that YouTube is just pre-installed on more devices than Twitch. YouTube came pre-installed on my tv when I bought it. Twitch was not and I had to manually find/install it on my tv.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
It really depends a lot.
On Xbox and PC (non Chrome user) your YT experience is horrible.
The YT android app is extremely solid, tho.

I went for Mixer and the 4k high bitrate Xbox stream.
But the Ubisoft conference for example was streamed just 720p on Twitch and Mixer, while YT was 1080p.

Generally I prefer Twitch over YT, but if the quality is better, I switch.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
The fact youtube can pause, rewind, fast forward easily makes it far better than twitch for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna be rewinding shit when I'm watching stuff LIVE lol. YT being behind 15-20 seconds doesn't help. yeah it's live but it's less live than Twitch :')

if there's anything I missed then sure I'll go to Youtube when the whole stream is over and I can playback to whenever

/shrug

Why not?

I was watching the square conference on youtube, and when FF7 was over, I rewinded it and watched it again, skipping some parts. Then when I was done, I scrubbed through the live part to see if I missed anything good. I didn't, so I clicked live and I was back. I even pressed pause when I had to go to the bathroom, and pressing play again just continued from where I stopped.

It was extremely easy and very quick.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Not for me. Youtube chat is way more toxic than Twitch, has no moderation at all and is pretty much impossible to read or participate in. The user experience on Twitch is far better.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
YT experience is great on PlayStation.

Never really used Twitch either, and the last thing I need or want is another app when YT offers the same content that I care about.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
In regards to apps, YouTube is so much better and convenient to me, especially since I can rewind during a stream. Twitch has gotten used less by me once they removed the ad-free benefit from Twitch Prime.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I barely ever watch streams so I'm not gonna use an app that's specifically for streams. I already use YouTube a lot so I'm just gonna do any stream watching on there too

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
/shrug

Why not?

I was watching the square conference on youtube, and when FF7 was over, I rewinded it and watched it again, skipping some parts. Then when I was done, I scrubbed through the live part to see if I missed anything good. I didn't, so I clicked live and I was back. I even pressed pause when I had to go to the bathroom, and pressing play again just continued from where I stopped.

It was extremely easy and very quick.
you're typing a lot of words for no reason

I am not saying Twitch is better than YouTube. if Twitch also had a rewind function I'm not using it either. what part of live do you not understand?

Idontwantit

Alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2019
I always turn off chat at streams. Why would you want to read 14 year olds spamming like crazy?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Maybe because it is easy to access from different devices (Switch included).
It is a bummer for me, because 1080p live stream of Youtube is awful to watch on big screen. Last year and 2017, we had 4K stream. They disappeared this year.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

My bladder is not going to be hostage to Twitch if I'm late or need a break from hour plus long conferences. I can live with a 10 second delay lol.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I wish mixer was used more, the times I've used it have been flawless but the only people I ever watch on twitch haven't moved to mixer yet.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
If I can choose between Twitch and YouTube, I'll always choose YouTube. It's much easier to use and a seamless experience to me, and without the stupid, toxic chat from Twitch.

Huh... youtube streams must have come a long way in the last 2 or 3 years since the last E3 i watched there when it was nothing but swastikas and penises littering the chat. Did they all migrate to twitch? I close out the chat during theset ypes of convention streams anyways because of how dumb it is.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube Premium pretty much makes YouTube the default for me unless something is streaming only on Twitch.