• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you understand why people think It's terrible. It's a literal RESKIN of another game that's already came out for mobiles. It's not something new. It's LITERALLY a reskin.
Okay, fair enough, I'll look into it. But my point stands still.

Edit: So on the scant material available it's a UI and control scheme mirror. I'd rather the content tell the tale than jump to decisive decisions.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Okay, fair enough, I'll look into it. But my point stands still.

Oh trust me, if a Diablo mobile game comes out and It's something completely new and different, I'm on board because I have 8 pages of mobile games on my phone (Don't judge me, train commutes take up a lot of my time)

It's just what it is really. A lot of us wish It was something better or different, but how It's been handled to us... It's kinda pathetic on Blizzards part to expect us to jump on board without looking into it.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will it have a paid-only currency sold for $99 as Best Value? Probably. Usually games with microtransactions like that aren't worth the effort.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No. I love Diablo and action RPGs but I'm not a big fan of mobile games.

Anyone that likes Diablo type games should be playing Path Of Exile, it's not on mobile but it just released on PS4 and it has been available on PC and Xbox for some time now.

It's super complex, but you can just play the super long campaign (10 chapters) and leave at that with minimal knowledge of game mechanics. I just started on PS4 and I'm having a blast.
I don't think it's even that complex. It's a lot and you have to read descriptions and the menus but it's pretty self explanatory if you pay attention. Of course it's one of my favorite genres but I haven't used a guide or any outside help and I am running a lightning elemental witch that just melts ads and I only died once so far to a chapter boss. Granted if your not familiar with the genre you may need help but all I did was pay attention to how passives and skill gems worked and planned a route of build and have followed it.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
What they said and reality aren't necessarily the same thing
Todd Howard said Blades was a real Elder Scrolls game and yet here we are.

Immortal will do well in Asia, but I doubt it's going to make more than a brief blip on radar in the West. Personally I can't see it being any good considering it's Netease using Blizzard's art assets on an existing title for the most part. Meh. I expect monitization to wazoo.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fucks.jpg

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely check it out when it come out if my Galaxy S3 can play it. Always a sucke for ARPGs like Diablo. Being on mobile doesn't sway me. If it's good I'll keep it. If it's not I'll uninstall it like the others before it I have not liked.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
No, they should have instead aded more content to diablo 3 or focus on 4 instead of this.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't convinced me that it would be better than just playing diablo 3 on my switch.

Dec 20, 2018
Why would i hype for screen on control games which will drain your battery in 1 hour and phone will melt from running it.
Garbage .

Battery drain in 1 hour? Damn your phone seems wack as fuck.

On topic the game itself looks wack as shit seeing as it's a reskin of another net ease release. Only ARPGs on mobile I dig were that orc game that's no longer compatible with ios12 and arcane quest legends.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
I have very low expectation of it, but I'll keep up with the news to see if I'll try. Know too little right now to say for sure.

While I do want a loot game on my phone, there is just so much to go wrong with the genre for a phone game. And from experience, big traditional publishers or those with hugely popular licenses do tend to be the most pay-2-win, since they can.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know when this is suppose to be out? Or are we just waiting for the next Blizzcan for information blowout?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Eh.
If the game turns out well, neat. If the game doesn't, won't bother me. I've been kinda burned off on Blizzard games in recent years and it's hard getting excited about them anymore. Overwatch was the last one and since I stopped playing because of the awful community, I just feel overall done with it all. I would like hope that a mobile Diablo game turns out well but my cynicism of the business aspect of large publisher/developer mobile games is so massive I just can't really bother.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
You won't be playing then. Companies don't make mobile games to offer compelling, fun experiences in a portable form factor - they universally do it to extract as many dollars from as many whales as possible.

When you're done with your crystal ball let me use it.

I think I'll wait until I actually know something about the game before I decide I hate it.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Zero hype.

I don't hate the game, either.

The fact that it's supposedly more or less a reskin of an existing game doesn't sound good at all, but I'm not really playing mobile games these days so eh.