• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know if anything changed from the time it was announced. I've seen some people citing being hyped for it here and there, but it doesn't seem like it'll be some kind of big deal...

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
too hard to get hyped about mobile games when they have so much monetization crap

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. Mobiles are fine. I don't spend many if any tbh, so I am ok. Usually the first two months are awesome.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll check it out. But the response to it here was extremely, well... not level headed, let's say, so I wouldn't expect this thread to go well.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Western pc/console enthusiasts are not the target demographic so I'd be surprised if there ends up being a ton of interest here.

Oct 29, 2017
Same boat. There's nothing to lose in investing a lil' time on downloading it and see what is all about. And I haven't played a Diablo game in decades.
While not wrong, this is exactly the type of sentiment free 2 play devs hope people will have so that they will try it out since there is "nothing to lose" and get addicted.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Why would i hype for screen on control games which will drain your battery in 1 hour and phone will melt from running it.
Garbage .

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
While not wrong, this is exactly the type of sentiment free 2 play devs hope people will have so that they will try it out since there is "nothing to lose" and get addicted.
You are completely right, but at least in my case I think I should be fine, not really into the ARPG genre and don't have enought time anymore for a lot of games, but not afraid to give it a spin.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Nope. I'm sure it will be filled with all the standard shallow mobile gameplay with an extra helping of F2P garbage on top.

Diablo is dead, as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty of other games out there (even ARPGs), so there's no need to waste time playing yet another shameless mobile cash grab.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
I'll check out available info after it drops and depending on what I see I'll try it out if I can run it.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I'll check it out for sure. My husband pretty much plays mobile games and the only console game he's ever been into was Diablo III (great couch co-op) so maybe this'll get him to play some games with me again.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen some people citing being hyped for it here and there

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
No. It's a NetEase game. They'll have to prove a lot before I consider even trying it. I'll let others do it.

GiantHurtBall

Oct 27, 2017
Blizz completely and utterly botched that reveal..then instead of fessing up and going all "well yeah I guess...uh our fans want something other than a mobile game" they go full snark and "butthurt" mode ...So...I really really REALLY dont care for it ...nor do I care much for whatever they might announce regarding Diablo.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Companies make phone games out of existing IPs to hunt for an expanded audience. That usually equals an audience that doesn't even know forums like Era are a thing. we're not a great way judge hype for a phone game.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
It will probably print cash for Blizzard, but I find it hard to be hyped about a mobile game, no matter how good it could be.

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
Sadly no, it'll be the first Diablo game I don't play day 1 - that said, I'm not the target demographic. The game will make bank for sure, financially its a great decision.

It's just the way it was handled that leaves a bad taste, and honestly despite the amount of money it will make how it was marketed has done harm to the Blizzard brand.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
It inhabits the same position that Artifact inhabited before it: very poor reception, very little interest (a lot of it born out of spite), dead on arrival.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
My biggest question is whether or not it will have any hooks back into Diablo 4 when that is inevitably released. I have minor interest in playing a game like that exclusively on my phone other than when I'm stuck somewhere with nothing else to do, but if I were able to run a few rifts in Diablo Immortal to earn crafting materials for my main Battle.net character on PC then I would be much more likely to use it as my go-to time waster when in an waiting room or car ride. I'm really surprised that no other GaaS has done this yet, other than things like Fortnight that have the full game available. If there were a companion game for stuff like Destiny 2 or Warframe that fed back into my main characters I'd be all over those, even as somebody who does almost no mobile gaming now.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YES. ME AND MY HUMAN FRIENDS CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY DIABLO IMMORTAL™ ON IOS OR ANDROID MOBILE DEVICES COMING SOON.

GET #HYPE

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I don't expect much and don't usually stick to phone games much other than going and playing Pokemon Go while walking/drinking with my wife but I'll try it. I see no reason not to give it a chance and I can just quit if it sucks.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hell no, don't play phone games or netease.

Besides now that I have dug into Path of Exile on console Blizzard will have to win me back with a superior D4 never mind a mobile reskin.