• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I was browing through my games and I wanted to see the last patch note of FFVIIR and figured out it's still on 1.00 version, no updates. Do we know why? I love the game but there're quite a few things to update (some textures obviously...).

Did Square-Enix talk about any plan? On PS4? PS5? I would love to see a graphical update on PS5.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Any updates to the game will likely come with a next-gen enhancement or a PC port. But to answer your question: No SE did not share any plans.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
A PS5 upgrade has been in the works for a while. Not sure when is it happening but should be pretty soon.

Oct 25, 2017
It's square so they'll release FFVII ReMake S edition on another console first that adds a ton of cool features but will make you rebuy it instead of adding it for existing owners a year later or offering a DLC pack because fuck you, that's why.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought this yet because I'm afraid I'll buy it and then a PS5 version is going to be announced.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The gamebreaking vent bug is still in the game, and while it's unlikely to cause an extreme loss of progress it's crazy that it hasn't been patched. Guess they're sitting on it until a re-release to generate some goodwill.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I expect we will get an update alongside the PC and Xbox versions. I'm hoping for something on a Final Mix level.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The PS5 version will be exactly the same as the PS4 version but with an HD door.

Last edited:

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
It is fairly impressive that a AAA game is released without a day one patch nor receive any other updates 6 months after release, with the only main issue being the soft lock in the vents. Got to give it to them for that, though I do find it surprising that the lock hasn't been patched yet.

Hopefully it does receive an update at some point to fix the lock, and perhaps sort out some of the texture issues. Perhaps that stuff will get fixed alongside the PS5 update.

Nov 13, 2017
It sold like gangbusters without a patch. I can see why SE would find no point in patching it. Same with Nintendo and Links Awakening.

Hopefully the PS5 version has less forced walking sections lol.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'll give them credit for releasing a game intact in 2020 that doesn't require patching.
Thanks for the tip about the PS5 version.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
I actually really like the fact that it released with no updates unlike every other AAA game released this gen. I appreciate that old school approach.

That being said I expect some kind of update whenever they release the PC, or even an Xbox version sometime in 2021.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Photo mode, theatre mode, boss rush mode and a secret movie should be a must in this game honestly. Would love for them to add all of them sometime in the near future. Maybe when it's the 1st anniversary and it will be able to be released on other platforms. They should also update some low quality textures, which were actually supposed to be in HD but for some reason they weren't.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really like the fact that it released with no updates unlike every other AAA game released this gen. I appreciate that old school approach.

That being said I expect some kind of update whenever they release the PC, or even an Xbox version sometime in 2021.

Yes for 1-day patches, but support after the launch would be great. But it appears they don't have that mentality at all, see dropped support for FFXV PC as well as Nier Automata PC.

I don't know who is blocking these decisions, but that really kills any support from me for Square Enix games.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Unless you are one of the people that get swallowed by a progress breaking bug and lose hours of work and/or story progress.

If the game were in fact in a perfect place, sure, but there are bugs, QOL, and polish issues that are very much justified in being addressed. Or at a minimum publicly acknowledged so players can be warned to avoid.