• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
whe it happens just stop the download and reboot your pc...the download and install process is never faultless, so the pc usually needs a bit more free space to move everything eround...if you turn off your pc though the temp files he was storing annd are now useless are gonna be canceled, and so the space requirement will be as advertised..

notice that you have to repeat this process more than once depending on howlittle space you have in advance, but it should work..it does on uplay when downloading those big ubi games and i suppose on steam too.

Ah ok. Thanks.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Between this and the mess that is Master Chief collection, it's pretty shitty of Microsoft to allow this from their first parties.

Forza Horizon 3 was also awful on PC.

In what world is this acceptable? 8 months of this on a big first party MS game? The Coalition has acknowledged the issue and said "they are working on the issue" multiple times over the past few months but that's it, still nothing.

Microsoft let it fly for 3 years on Master Chief collection. They didn't catch enough flak for that so they seem to be fine with this lackluster response now.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
I play it and it crashes all the time, instant reboot, no BSOD.

I failed to mention my gaming PC does this for almost any game, so it's mostly irrelevant.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
As a game dev it terrifies me that the op lays out the following logic:

-Game releases, works perfectly
-third party release drivers completely breaking the game
-game dev is at fault and is unacceptable

Deleted member 23965

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
whe it happens just stop the download and reboot your pc...the download and install process is never faultless, so the pc usually needs a bit more free space to move everything eround...if you turn off your pc though the temp files he was storing annd are now useless are gonna be canceled, and so the space requirement will be as advertised..

notice that you have to repeat this process more than once depending on howlittle space you have in advance, but it should work..it does on uplay when downloading those big ubi games and i suppose on steam too.

I would like to know which Uplay and Steam games gave you this issue. I own all the big Uplay games (Ass Creed Origins, Syndicate, Unity, Far Cry Primal) on PC, none of them or any other big space hogging AAA games in my Steam library of 450 games have given me this issue. The install process is seamless and transparent to the end user on these platforms. I do not even have a fast drive (5400 rpm, 1 TB).

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Broken what? My friend just beat it no problem.

Read the OP, read the thread, all the info you need is there.

I play it and it crashes all the time, instant reboot, no BSOD.

I failed to mention my gaming PC does this for almost any game, so it's mostly irrelevant.

Not sure why you're posting in this thread then. You ought to post in a thread where it's more likely someone will be able to help you diagnose what's wrong with your gaming PC.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Read the OP, read the thread, all the info you need is there.

Not sure why you're posting in this thread then. You ought to post in a thread where it's more likely someone will be able to help you diagnose what's wrong with your gaming PC.

I was just joking, tbh. I mean, my pc is a now 8 year old i7 with 16gb ram and a 980gtx, but its almost definitely a hardware problem I wont ever be able to fix (I work in IT - I have reinstalled, swapped ram, swapped PSUs, used different video cards). I just have to either contend with it, or wait till I feel like upgrading ;)

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Because despite what some might say, not a lot of people play Gears 4. So I guess the outcry isn't enough for them to try and care when Gears 5 is right around the corner

OP
OP
Mullet2000

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
As a game dev it terrifies me that the op lays out the following logic:

-Game releases, works perfectly
-third party release drivers completely breaking the game
-game dev is at fault and is unacceptable

It's the amount of time that made me use that logic. Sure, a weird update can screw over a game at no fault of the developer. But we are approaching a year now with no fix. At some point, it's on the devs as well for not stepping up to fix it. A year is plenty of time for a company as big as EPIC to work with Nvidia to get a fix out.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to know which Uplay and Steam games gave you this issue. I own all the big Uplay games (Ass Creed Origins, Syndicate, Unity, Far Cry Primal) on PC, none of them or any other big space hogging AAA games in my Steam library of 450 games have given me this issue. The install process is seamless and transparent to the end user on these platforms. I do not even have a fast drive (5400 rpm, 1 TB).
for honor was the last one..

it filled my hard disk several time despite having like 15 gb more than the required space.

and it's something that happened to me with steam games too, but the reboot thing i only tried on uplay

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I have problems with Windows Store games too. Forza Horizon crashes me randomly too. No lag, no framerate drops, no computer reset, just straight up closes like nothing happened. It's so annoying, I just wanna race...