• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I was on the Slaent Discord or forum and heard about it being made. The GAF HOP Discord had a code I used.

NubCakes09

Oct 28, 2017
I have been a member of NeoGAF since 2008, I didn't post too much but that site was my internet "home" so to speak. After all that shit went down last week I decided I didn't want to be a part of that community anymore so then I joined the Slaent forums. I heard about the formation of the ResetEra forums and patiently waited until I could join.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I used to post at GAF. I was widely respected and honored there. You could say I was a pretty big deal. I am sure I could have been an admin here if I asked, but I really am too busy so I didn't.

/presidential

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
I joined GAF in early 2001 or so, when it was still associated with Gaming-Age.com. Stuck around through the nomadic EZBoard days and all that junk. Never got particularly involved in the community and my use has varied quite a bit over time, but it was always my primary source for gaming news. At first figured it'd be good for GAF to die and the quality posters to find new homes on the other forums around the web. After spending a week or so poking around it became readily apparent that message boards are basically a dying breed and GAF was one of the last thriving MB communities. As such it doesn't surprise me that many of the quality posters stuck together and formed ResetEra. Since most everything I valued at GAF had moved here figured I might as well too.

Oct 28, 2017
noticed gaf had some crazy drama I was totally unaware of. Googled what happened and figured i'd join up. Member since 07

Last edited:

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I was member since 2006 on the previous forum, but was mainly a lurker and not particularly attached to any community threads (mainly posts on art, GT, manga/anime, PC), so when the forum went down overnight (I'm in Asia) I didn't get the chance to ask for discord or anywhere to go lol.

Anyway, when the forum went up, I joined a couple of discord group that I have interest in, but just registered on ERA when the open registration was on.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Been a lurker on the old place for years, got approved after a long wait, took a long time to go from junior to regular, seen the place go to shit overnight, discovered this forum and another by looking for information on twitter.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
My buddy that introduced me to that forum that I won't mention, sent me a message exclaiming he got in. So I registered Saturday am and got my confirmation this morning when I got up (Sunday).

Quite happy to be here, no where else really can emulate this community!

Remy

Oct 25, 2017
Just happened to turn notifications back on for Discord and shit blew up. Everybody was talking about it so whilst being nosey I found out about Reset

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Heard about it on 'other' forums, kept an eye on the twitter account, when open applications were announced I submitted.

I must say, I was expecting a wait of weeks and possibly months. It was about an hour and a half!

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a contest for the "Best Kill" in one of the Discords and I won by suplexing around 53,595 people in only 3 days.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I was lurked GAF for about a year before I signed up. Waited about a month and got accepted.

I read way more than I posted and stayed mainly in the Off Topic section, especually after Trump was elected.

Got banned (rightfully so) for 3 weeks, and 2 days after I was unbanned, thats when everything exploded.

I was going to stay over there, but I requested a name change, got it, and made a few posts, mainly telling people to stop the suicides, and then I was permabanned.

And now I am here. Glad to be here too, the other forums I joined in the interim are graveyards.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
I had been lurking Gaf since 2011, registered two times there and never got approved and have no idea. After last week... I'm here now and pretty happy about it.

novashibe

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I know a few of the old regulars on Twitter and never got on GAF. Left Sonic Retro recently and really needed a new forum to call home and ResetEra popped up at very convenient timing, so here I am.

Oct 30, 2017
NJ
Lurker turned recent poster when all that crap happened. Visited once in a while, and look at that, open registration!
Glad I had my old account to back me up, but the fresh clean slate is much appreciated.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I lurked the other place mostly for amiibo news (please understand!) and the wrestling chat - think I might have tried to sign up at one point but never got accepted... now, we're here! *blows out lantern*

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The Dragon Balls guided me! The DB Era community is a really nice one, so we all basically found each other in Discord and migrated smoothly.

C-Drive

Oct 26, 2017
Came from the old place, became a refugee aboard the USS Resident Evil Community Discord, and got in on the final wave of discord community invites.

Rutti

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I was on gaf. Hell it was only place where I went for general gaming discussion and news. After that thing happened, I didn't know about this place so I was lost for a few days. Finally thirsty for some gaming news I went to Kotaku and heard about this site in one of their podcasts. Came down here asap. It was rough few days out there.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Came from Gaf as an occasional browser and lurker, having lost my password and access to my primary email a year before.

Not too much lost, but I generally have been busy, and when I heard the site was down, I searched for news and found out about here c:

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
saw gaf was extremely boring and slow moving threads. heard about era through random locked threads. I think i will visit both for now.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Came to GAF for the gaming, stayed for Off Topic. Came to reset for the non-rape-y administration via mlb/NFL discord.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I went to Giant Bomb, and then from there saw news of Resetera.

Then I just waited until applications were being accepted.

Sentilly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm was just a lurker and this latest gaf explosion finally got me to look at other alternatives. I jumped to Bore then Slaent and finally here.

I think I've found my home. ^▪^

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Poster on GAF since 2012, wasn't part of any of the Discords when the site blew up, so my only news about what was going on was from Twitter.

Found out about Resetera through their, followed the Twitter account, eventually saw that they had opened up registration for everyone, and after a few days decided that I might as well register now and get it done with. (Since I fully expected account approval to be like GAF where it'd take weeks or months tbh, not 'literally the same day')

It's bizarre how quick my habits have changed, have only been here since yesterday and I already don't care for visiting the old place anymore. (Not that I've visited it since the incident, to be fair, but you'd still think I'd unconsciously go there by mistake)

RY2D

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I lurked GAF every now and then throughout the years, and with all that news blowing up I decided to check that place out. Amidst the chaos, I saw that a lot of people were saying that they were moving to Resetera. And so, days later, I decided to finally create an account to join this community during it's fresh start.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Been a member of GAF since '05, but mostly just lurked. It was pretty evident after last weekend that the core base was moving on, so I just followed. Haven't signed up for a new message board in probably 11 years. I like that there's that freshness, combined with the familiarity of the content and names/avatars. Forum features are quite nice, as well.

PeterLegend

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been on GAF since 2008, however it seems the forums there have died since last week. So i came here.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically through DotaGAF discord except I missed the window to sign up with that code so I ended up registering normally very shortly after

I assume the chatlog still exists of me freaking out having signed on just as the code expired thinking I was locked out for good