• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
I used to browse GAF for news and stuff, didn't post much because I don't really like arguing.

I'll probably post more here because I'm working nights now and need to kill time.

Always disliked the admin because of his douchey posts so was glad to jump ship. Got in on open-reg.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I lurked in neogaf but never had an account , luckily I fallow some of the once neogaffers on Twitter which lead me to this site

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was in the box office discord chat. Reconnected with people from The Forum That Shall Not Be Named.

Learned about ResetERA from all the regulars.

So freaking glad I'm here.

winkyface

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I got in here today, after being out for 10 days. I think I found that the new site was out on Reddit.

puebla084

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I tried checking the other site on a Saturday and ofc it was down. Sunday I saw the shitstorm, and was completely baffled since I missed what happened that Friday. Luckily I saw other posters namedrop this forum and now I'm registered. I didn't post much anyway but I have to say, it feels good to see so many familiar usernames and avatars. Feels like home lol.

NicasDream

Oct 30, 2017
Lurked gaf since 2005 but never got approved
Signed up an hour ago here on Era thought I was going to wait another 12 years lol

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't able to get an invite day one. Then I got an invite to discord but the open registration went live at the same time. So I just made an account. Love how there's so many familiar names here.

I was on Neogaf since early 08.

It's a shame how everything went down. I was so sad at the thought of losing this community. Glad we hit reset.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Lurked the previous site for a couple of years. When shit went down at the old place I was both disgusted by the allegations and worried about where I was going to go for news. When I saw Nibel retweet the initial Resetera tease my ears perked up. I think when I saw the initial list of admins it really seemed like they had the reach to develop something that would actually replace the old site, not just form some splinter group.

I ended up getting into a discord from the guy who runs NESbot, so I was able to get some updates on how the forum was going from there. Once open registration opened I took a shot and within a few hours I'm here. Quite the adventure just to join a forum, but this seems like something special.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I heard about this website from certain offhand comments in one of the thread (I don't remember which) after I found out about the incident from Sonic Stadium.

Thank you for reading.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
one of the chosen few to be shepherded by the great and honorable BronsonLee from the discord whose name shall remain unspoken

Oct 27, 2017
Had an account at the other place but was never accepted to post. Friend told me that shinobi, who I follow on Twitter but didn't see the tweet at the time, talked about setting this forum up. Created an account when open registration became available and was accepted a few hours later... And because of that this place is 1000% better.

Oct 25, 2017
PopGaf Discord came though for me.

It's amazing that so many subsets of our community found and formed pockets on Discord. I wonder how this whole thing would have panned out if Discord wasn't a thing.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really use Discord, so I was just following the fallout on Twitter. Heard about this place from various tweeters, but when @NESbot_feed started posting new threads from here, I decided to sign up once I could.

Nightcall

Oct 27, 2017
Posted in GAF long time ago (with a different name) but eventually lost interest as the board became too homogeneous and the interesting posters got permabanned.

Decided to give Reset a try because I like forums and we don't really have any good ones anymore, looking good so far.

Last edited:

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lurked the previous site for a couple years, but visited pretty much every day. Literally the one day I didn't check until about 11PM was the day the site was down, thought it was normal maintenance. After everything unfolded I kept googling until this site went live, and the rest as they say is history.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I follow a bunch of GAF mods and popular posters on Twitter. Was pretty easy to follow the way the conversation was going through there.

Exhumed

Oct 29, 2017
Washington
I've always been more of a lurker. Saw a thread on Neogaf with statistics for activity comparing Neogaf and Reset this last Sunday. Did a little research and learned what reset was so I registered immediately.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
PopGaf Discord came though for me.

It's amazing that so many subsets of our community found and formed pockets on Discord. I wonder how this whole thing would have panned out if Discord wasn't a thing.

Would have been a lot harder for sure. Discord really was what kept the community together. When the various discord channels started to try to get in contact with other discord channels that's when things really started rolling

Beba

Oct 31, 2017
Holland
I was following NeoGaf for 6 months or so. When it went down I felt really unfortunate because I thought finally found a gamingforum which had "normal and mature" discussions going on.

Luckily a saw some post on NeoGaf about this new place and decided this was the time to try to get a account...

Registered myself and voila :)

Last edited:

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Era discord n_n. Found out the other place was dying after it already started, but i was already in the Discord prior to that.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I lived on GAF for like 15 years. Posted less and less as time went on but still lurked a ton. When it went down went to discord then here. Same name, new avatar. Glad everyone's here!

Black

Oct 26, 2017
Heard about NeoGAF reputation during the past week and how they're migrating. I figured I should make an account since it's a fresh start.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Got told about people getting doxxed in the resetera discord by a friend, so I didn't seek out any of the gaf discords to look for an invite. Got in once normal registration was opened, but now I'll probably be a forever-junior :v

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I was banned from NeoGAF just over a year ago, but it wasn't for trolling or anything like that. It was actually for marked spoilers (yes, marked). Specifically, it was marked spoilers for the S7 premiere of The Walking Dead. The spoilers were detailed and, as it turned out, about 98% accurate, but they were still marked. If someone was dumb enough to scroll over them, that's not my problem. Still, I definitely won't be posting any such spoilers anytime soon. I guess it's worth noting that I was still a Junior, so I assume that the punishment was much more severe than if I wasn't a Junior.

Anyway, I've been lurking there since then and I'll probably continue to do so until the site ceases to exist. Before joining GAF, I was on GameFAQs, but as most of you likely know, that place is terrible.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, the post read something like this.

"Damn, I just read spoilers for the S7 premier on what's apparently an accurate spoiler site for TWD. So, it turns out that (detailed marked spoilers that goes on for a few sentences). It sounds legit to me, but I'm still hoping that X person dies just for the shock of it."

Edit 2: I forgot to mention that I ended up here after someone on the NeoGAF club on XBL posted that this site would be up and running "tomorrow" (which was last Monday). I think that same person later posted that registration was open, so I registered and now I'm here.

Last edited:

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
I never was invited or active in any of the discord discussions. As soon as the other site went down I signed up for several other forums and began monitoring discussions across basically every conceivable website and forum like a hawk looking to see where the community was migrating. As soon as open enrollment began, boom. So, then. Yeah. Here I am.

Starfighter

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I've heard of GAF before but never visited it, and when it recently imploded I started following the development of the situation from the outside.

A friend, who used to visit GAF, told me a new forum was in the works. She couldn't get me in though, so I just had to wait until registrations were open for everyone and now here I am. Rock you like a hurricane.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Jumped ship from a place that encouraged not only liberalism but a general kind spirit. Once I saw the "Now we can have some REAAAAL discussion" from questionable GamerGatey posters I knew I had to find a paid email and get over here.

alba

Oct 27, 2017
MI
Open registration, didn't know there was a Discord to begin with, lol. Need to join the current one then :P

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Was on GAF for 4 years, lurked for about 3 before that, but I wasn't really a regular contributor to any community threads (I dabbled in PoliGAF from time to time, and jumped into game-specific ones if I was playing them) so I had to wait for open enrollment.

prosperoust

Oct 30, 2017
Emeryville, CA
I'm a newbie. Was a GAF lurker for a long time, and never found a way to engage very well. Saw a couple rumblings of this on twitter in the last week, finally looked into it and signed up. Loving the community thus far!

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just waited until I saw registration was open and signed up. I didn't join any Discords. Is that the right term? Discords? I'm on Discord but just to chat with a buddy when we play MW2.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Was on gaf before the Neo (2001). Remember the 9/11 post. Remember my first argument was about Nas vs Jay.

Left with BCT. Glad to be here. I luckily checked Discord at the exact moment the verification code dropped. Usually, I can't do two chat internet-thingys in my life. I'm a monogamous internet chat dude. I even tried to get into SLAET but I can't keep up. People who go to different forums and use different chat apps are like a foreign species. Maybe my brain isn't well developed.

JenniBee

Nov 2, 2017
People mentioned on the Double Fine forums that Resetera was being created, then there was a post saying that they were up. I then registered on Resetera, and several days later I can finally post.

Chaparral

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was in the development chat from basically the very beginning, so I had a hand helping and overseeing the movement of communities that I participated in, mainly MLB and NHL-ERA.

NJDEN

Oct 27, 2017
After the collapse I went to Giant Bomb where they had a thread. Never posted in it, but watched the discussion. I did not get into the Discord, nor was I sure I wanted to... I had been disgruntled with the last forum for the past couple of years, and had slowed my posting down. I was not completely sure if I should join this community, but ultimately decided for it and I've been pretty happy so far. Have not done much posting, but I think I'll start to be more active.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Was in one of the lifeboat discords from the old site. Was also at the gym at the time and kept checking discord for codes repeatedly in between reps. My gym buddy was getting annoyed with me as I had JUST started going to the gym. Tried explaining why i was so distracted lol. Anyway codes went out and the first batch didnt work at all. Later on another batch went out and it worked but i never received the email. Checked spam and everything and it wasnt there. Started thinking i mistyped the email. So i was able to go into my profile and change the email address. This resent the email and I got it that time. Meanwhile gym buddy getting pissed and not understanding the importance of this. Finally finished up and got my workout done. It was quite a night lol.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Was a member at the old site for years. I went into hiding during the fallout. Waited for this site to develop. Then signed up as soon registration opened up.

Was lurking in the SLAENT site for a bit in the interum.

Hekku Takku

Oct 31, 2017
New York
I was lurking on Gaf, going through the Super Mario Odyssey OT. And people were posting how cool it was that Gaf got a Bowser invitation and Era got a Peach invitation. So I was curious as to what this "Era" was. I went to this site and read how it came about. Registered and got accepted. Happy to be here.