• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Res kinda makes the most sense to me.

"Era" sounds like I'm trying to say "Error" with a Boston accent. ;-)

OP
OP
HighFive

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Seem ERA get the vote to what this place should be call. Now, what are we? ERAgers? ERAsers?ERAnians?ERAfers?ERAns?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using Era for shortening it, especially due to almost all of the subcommunites I'm in also shortening it to that.

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
I like Era for the forum itself, but I also like Resettlers or Reseterans for the people.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
I like ERA.. means "was" in spanish. so ERA ... GAF....

Another mean for ERA is Age... xD

ERA Spanish Definition said:
Período en la historia de una civilización o de una sociedad que se caracteriza por un nuevo orden de cosas y que generalmente comienza con un suceso importante o notable.

A system of chronology dating from a particular noteworthy event... it's too many coincidences... xD

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
CERA

tumblr_lvk4chrva11qc7gy3.gif

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Reset sounds cleaner and crisper to me, but I get the sense the general push is towards Era.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely prefer ERA for text abbreviations and community titles. ____ERA, etc. Resetters works for users of the site well enough.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer ERA. Reset kinda begs the question of what got reset, and I'd rather leave that behind.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Over discord for 5 days it was called 8 different things but I have settled on ERA. It's easy, it makes sense, I love it

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reset sounds cleaner and crisper to me, but I get the sense the general push is towards Era.
Yep, this. Saying it out loud I like Reset better. Saying Era is more confusing. The Reset forums. The Era forums. Over at Reset. Over at Era.

I can see people being confused or saying something like "The error forums"?

..."No, ERA, like the beginning of a new era".

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Seems like "Era" is the way we're going. Sometimes all-caps, sometimes not

Dunno why it's be all-caps though if it's not an acronym. Habits die hard.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
Definitely ERA for short. No idea what we call ourselves though. I think "Reseters" works, but "Erans" isn't awful.

An out of left field suggestion would be "Rezzers"