• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
silenthill.com

Homebody on Steam

An interactive thriller about a group of friends haunted by the memories of their past while being hunted by a relentless killer. From The Game Grumps (Dream Daddy)

Konami really does not give a flying fuck, do they ?

For those who don't wanna click the link for some reason :

FMjDCk4XsAIMZ1R

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Konami CEO said "hit the lever" and the tech guy hit the pachinko machine instead of the domain renewal.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i think whoever owns the domain has had it for a while? iirc it was selling for 10k like a few years ago:

also a year ago the page just had a meme where it was essentially saying that Pyramid Head was the first "9 ft whatever" lol

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I mean people didn't really believe Konami gave two shits about Silent Hill anymore right?

May 15, 2019
When people say Konami will cash in on Silent Hill in any way that doesn't involve making a video game they weren't kidding

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, this is pretty old news I think. The domain expired a long time ago and I remember reading about some rando buying it

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think whoever owns the domain has had it for a while? iirc it was selling for 10k like a few years ago:

also a year ago the page just had a meme where it was essentially saying that Pyramid Head was the first "9 ft whatever" lol

This is pretty common, I let a domain I didn't use and wouldn't mean anything to anyone but some Chinese guys bought it as soon as and kept it for 2 years. They were selling it for slightly less than what it would cost to get it back via nominet. So yeah scummy people make a business out of keeping domains for ransom.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
But. But. This doesn't make sense.

Konami, who famously cares about it's properties, is clearly working with Kojima, who they famously have respect for and parted on good terms, for a new game made by Sony, who are involved because of [citation needed]

Seriously though, I have been laughing like an idiot for 10 minutes just thinking that there's some fools out there, Domain Squatting on Konami properties. Might as well be squashing water

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I'm a little late, but Konami sold the domain back in 2019. Until recently, the domain was being used for a Pyramid Head/Lady Dimetrescu meme. Don't hurt your brain trying into read into this, because this is really old news.

comicbook.com

Silent Hill Website Domain Now on Sale for Just $10,000

You can own SilentHill.com for just $10,000, because, for whatever reason, Konami has let the web [...]

www.tweaktown.com

Silent Hill.com domain up for sale, but Konami abandoned it long ago

Silent Hill.com is up for sale, but it's not actually the official Silent Hill game website.