• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
If you only did it once no way is it still in your system 38 days later. If there is anything it's a trace amount not big enough to pop a fail on the test.

Charcoal pills can help take the thc out of your system if you get on a consistent regimen leading up to a test. They also really dehydrate you, so drink water and research what you're doing before you try anything like that.

Also, never quit your current job until the new job is guaranteed.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What kind of jobs are y'all applying for that there are regular posts from people worried about failing drug tests on this forum?

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
What kind of jobs are y'all applying for that there are regular posts from people worried about failing drug tests on this forum?

Just depends on the position, industry and employer. I've worked in software my entire life and have never had a drug test. Shrug. A friend of mine is an elevator mechanic in SF/Vegas and has constant drug tests.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
OP keep in mind that most over the counter tests are going to be more sensitive than the actual test you get at the job/clinic. I was concerned because the tests I got from Amazon were showing positive for nearly 2 months after the last time I smoked but then I read that those check for a much stricter PPM than the tests given at clinics for jobs, and that I shouldn't worry. Never failed one.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
More than likely, there shouldn't be any problem. If you're really paranoid about it, just get some synthetic pee, it'll set you back like $40 -$60 though.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
+1 for "you'll be fine". More than a month is definitely long enough if you don't consume regularly.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
You can go to a smoke shop and buy fake piss if you're super paranoid. I actually recommend it just so you know for a fact you're in the clear.

That's how I got a job last month.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Piss tests check for chronic use. Unless you're testing for a security clearance or something, I doibt is sensitive enough to detect any drugs from a one time dose a month ago.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A month is probably fine, but right on the line. Go buy a drug test from Walmart/Walgreens for $15 and know for sure.

OP
OP
The Watcher

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
So, update: I got the job. Guess it was either A. Out of my system when I tested or B. my new employers just didn't give a fuck about recreational marijuana usage. In either case, I appreciate all the advice and I probably won't be doing any edibles in the near future anymore.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
A marijuana edible? You're probably still high. The psychoactive affects of marijuanas last for MONTHS, YEARs even. Some people are permanently high to this day on 1 marijuana.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy to me that employers can demand bodily fluids from you in order to do a job that doesn't require operating dangerous machinery.

More of that American Freedom(TM) that we hear so much about.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
In which countries is a drug test mandatory for job applications?

None. But employers have the right to drug test in many countries including the US, Canada, and European countries, and most other modern countries. But, none of them are government mandated for all jobs, or anything. I've never had to take a drug test for any job.

There's a couple states in the US, including mine, that have pending legislation to make it illegal to not hire someone based on marijuana being present in their system.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
So, update: I got the job. Guess it was either A. Out of my system when I tested or B. my new employers just didn't give a fuck about recreational marijuana usage. In either case, I appreciate all the advice and I probably won't be doing any edibles in the near future anymore.

You got the job, NOW you get to smoke again lol

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017

That's great to hear man. Yea, it was probably out of your system or the remnants were so low that it didn't even register.