• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I was at the fleamarket and found an ass beating stick. It's made of real wood and crafted in India. The thing has a nice grip and I could just feel the beat down come as I get that running start. The movements and power surging through. The follow through. It's almost poetic. The first thing that came to mind was this.

Its+texas+i+feel+like+paddlin+peggy+is+more+appropriate+_f1cbd5594f370a4773567342ec31cb66.jpg

Then I found out it was a Cricket stick. But I honestly will keep calling it my beat down stick. I will show it to my nieces and nephews and tell them the stories of my people and the spankings we got, especially in high school.

Wow, I'm only in my thirties and I feel like this is from another time.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I remember the vice principal keeping a paddle like that on the wall of his office. That paddle and I were quite well acquainted.

Oct 25, 2017
My mom had/still has one just like that! She wrote in big letters "Board of Education" and if she threatened to "teach you a lesson" you knew what was coming.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
give him the stick

DONT GIVE HIM THE STICK

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I was at the fleamarket and found an ass beating stick. It's made of real wood and crafted in India. The thing has a nice grip and I could just feel the beat down come as I get that running start. The movements and power surging through. The follow through. It's almost poetic. The first thing that came to mind was this.

Its+texas+i+feel+like+paddlin+peggy+is+more+appropriate+_f1cbd5594f370a4773567342ec31cb66.jpg

Then I found out it was a Cricket stick. But I honestly will keep calling it my beat down stick. I will show it to my nieces and nephews and tell them the stories of my people and the spankings we got, especially in high school.

Wow, I'm only in my thirties and I feel like this is from another time.

You never seen a Cricket Bat before? How on Earth!?

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Catholic School and the Grammar School principal (Sister Maria) had a paddle labeled "Board of Education" hanging in her office. She used it on us too

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me, I wanted to buy a baseball pole for like home defense. Are the same thing as a softball wand? Or is a baseball oar basically the same thing as a softball tube, but one is aluminium and the other is tree-stuff?

Frunobulax

Apr 10, 2019
Does anybody remember the paddles with engraved pictures of children pulling their pants up&crying that they used to sell at department stores?
I swear they existed and I keep meaning to try to find a picture of one to show a nephew that doesn't believe my brother about them but I can't really think of a way to look the item up that I'd want in my search history.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Paddling Peggy lol.

Glad I never went to a school that did this shit. It's complete bullshit. And shiet, I was already getting the belt at home. Double dipping would suck.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody remember the paddles with engraved pictures of children pulling their pants up&crying that they used to sell at department stores?
I swear they existed and I keep meaning to try to find a picture of one to show a nephew that doesn't believe my brother about them but I can't really think of a way to look the item up that I'd want in my search history.

Yes I do. I can picture it in my head.
I remember in 9th grade shop the teacher was going to paddle me for being late to class. I was like the fuck you are. I ended up in the school office but no paddling happened so mission accomplished.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the vice principal keeping a paddle like that on the wall of his office. That paddle and I were quite well acquainted.
I had a teacher with them on the wall, and one with a bull whip on the wall. Wild times, the late 80s/early 90s were. But no metal detectors, so that's something.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only had 1 teacher in HS who had a paddle and he only used it on people's birthdays as kind of a joke/tradition. And that was only if you were ok with it, which probably 60% of people were.